This Weeks Other Games | 20-22 Dec 14

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weeks Other Games | 20-22 Dec 14

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:31 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:They have had it tough over the last couple of seasons but I put that down to the piss-can departing and that the Rags seemingly wanting to cut their budget, not bringing in the high profile players.

This season I think we've had it about right, some good and some bad which I can accept. However, in the CL I think we've been fucked over on a few occassions which sort of says that we're now established, and accepted in the PL but not so in the CL.

I think we'll see more and more go for the Rags in the near future, just because it's them.

It's possible, because I realised with the Ferguson team, what used to happen was that the rags would only get one or two big decisions in the first half of the season (some poor cunt from Birmingham sent off for fuck all at 0-0 or something), then round about this time, as things got tough, suddenly the refs would kick in, & what cold have been a 15 point deficit, became suddenly, instead, a 3 point lead.

So it could still be on the cards. It would usually coincide with refs docking us or whoever their challengers may be, about 10-15 points at the same time.

I think we have similar opinions on this Ted. When discussing refereeing, especially on this matter, I always hark back to our 1st PL title season. The refereeing that season was almost criminal, to the point where Mancini & Vieira actually brought it to the fore. From my perspective, I noticed the Rags getting a lot of calls to keep them in the title and if they'd have won I think I'd probably have walked away from it as I had it in my mind that all was set for the Rag love-in with their 20th title in the 20th year of the PL; the groundwork was all set.

What was interesting about that season was the way in which it happened. We started getting horrendous calls until Mancini brought it up and then everything seemed OK for us but then the Rags started getting all the calls. Paddy then brought this up and things seemed to become more even again, leading us into the last game. At no time dis I think we were getting any calls for us. And don't get me wrong, it was a great end to the season (and draining for me) but I just don't think they would've been anywhere near us if it wasn't for the ref's interventions.

It'll be interesting to see what pans out with them this time around as all the media are clamouring for them to be 'Back in the Fight'. I wonder if that'll have an affect on the likes of Mason (yesterday) who's probably a Rag anyway?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:37 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote::Lee Mason and his usual cuntish bent decision trying to help out this season's new title favourites. Something seriously has to be done about these referees as they are deciding who comes where in the league to a shocking extent these days. And don't get me started on Dowd.

But who sorts them out? They've been doing this for years yet nothing gets done and they're there for the next game to do the same.

Seems to me that their paymasters are more than happy with their performance which suggests this is what they actually want.

The men they are answerable to are Howard Webb MBE and PGMOL General Manager Mike Riley.

Say no more.

The other chap's not exactly got the most impartial of reputations either. How the fuck did he get an MBE? Well I know how, but I can't believe it.

I know mate, Howie Red is just as fucking bad.

There's always been a nagging question for me and that is 'Who actually pays for the PGMOL?'. I'm sure I read that it is paid by the PL but of so, surely that'd be a conflict of interests?

Also, I know they have their monthly meetings and know that Taggart visited these on a couple of occassions (apparently to give 'A Managers' insight) so surely they must know what they are doing wrong but never seem to change their ways.

Something not quite right there.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:43 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:They have had it tough over the last couple of seasons but I put that down to the piss-can departing and that the Rags seemingly wanting to cut their budget, not bringing in the high profile players.

This season I think we've had it about right, some good and some bad which I can accept. However, in the CL I think we've been fucked over on a few occassions which sort of says that we're now established, and accepted in the PL but not so in the CL.

I think we'll see more and more go for the Rags in the near future, just because it's them.

It's possible, because I realised with the Ferguson team, what used to happen was that the rags would only get one or two big decisions in the first half of the season (some poor cunt from Birmingham sent off for fuck all at 0-0 or something), then round about this time, as things got tough, suddenly the refs would kick in, & what cold have been a 15 point deficit, became suddenly, instead, a 3 point lead.

So it could still be on the cards. It would usually coincide with refs docking us or whoever their challengers may be, about 10-15 points at the same time.

I think we have similar opinions on this Ted. When discussing refereeing, especially on this matter, I always hark back to our 1st PL title season. The refereeing that season was almost criminal, to the point where Mancini & Vieira actually brought it to the fore. From my perspective, I noticed the Rags getting a lot of calls to keep them in the title and if they'd have won I think I'd probably have walked away from it as I had it in my mind that all was set for the Rag love-in with their 20th title in the 20th year of the PL; the groundwork was all set.

What was interesting about that season was the way in which it happened. We started getting horrendous calls until Mancini brought it up and then everything seemed OK for us but then the Rags started getting all the calls. Paddy then brought this up and things seemed to become more even again, leading us into the last game. At no time dis I think we were getting any calls for us. And don't get me wrong, it was a great end to the season (and draining for me) but I just don't think they would've been anywhere near us if it wasn't for the ref's interventions.

It'll be interesting to see what pans out with them this time around as all the media are clamouring for them to be 'Back in the Fight'. I wonder if that'll have an affect on the likes of Mason (yesterday) who's probably a Rag anyway?

Rodgers, Mourinho & Wenger all did it to City last season; saying we were only top thanks to refereeing decisions. Every one then went against us for a period.

Tbh I'm not sure Turtlesed has read the script though.

He was questioning why Agbonlahor was sent off. Ferguson would have said how dangerous the challenge was, found some random incident to prove how they should have had a penalty & demanded more protection for his players, citing the number of recent injuries as proof.

Mourinho is doing it right now; asking for protection against Stoke. What he is really asking for, is help, to prevent his team from losing if they bottle it, & City going top of the league. All learned from Ferguson; even Wenger has learned it from him.

Mancini & Vieira realised that most of the refs are shithouses when put under the spotlight, & fought back against Ferguson.

So far, LVG seems as if he may be a bit more like the Count in that respect & play things quite fair (which will have to change if he stays at the swamp).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 am

I think Butthead has a very different mindset than Pellers. Pellers tries to refrain from talking about the ref unless it is really necessary whilst Butthead would talk the hind legs off a donkey just to have his say. I think he is trying to foster favour in a different way, not having a go at the ref but at least letting them know that he saw it differently, therefore to take his perspective into consideration. Basically a nice way of saying 'You fucked up' but here's an arm around your shoulder.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:57 am

Some good, some bad?!

I'm gonna jump in there and cyber slap you beefy!!!

We've had 10 STONE WALL penalties not given in our favour.

And ONE perfectly good goal not given against us.

If it evens itself out we will win the league by 20 points.

But they will NEVER allow that.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Some good, some bad?!

I'm gonna jump in there and cyber slap you beefy!!!

We've had 10 STONE WALL penalties not given in our favour.

And ONE perfectly good goal not given against us.

If it evens itself out we will win the league by 20 points.

But they will NEVER allow that.

Yeah, you're right mate, suitably Cyper-Slapped. I was trying to be a little impartial as we're winning games now, sometimes inspite of the referee.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tesl » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Just for the record, I think referee's have been really quite fair to us this season and I think most of you are paranoid fruitcakes.

If there was an agenda the onside goal yesterday wouldn't have been given offside, Mangala would have got sent off for his high kick a few weeks back and I'm sure we've been lucky elsewhere too. People here remember all the calls that go against us and don't think anything of decisions that go for us. I'm pretty sure if you check every single forum for every single team you will see the same thing - fans always think referee's are unfair against them.

And guess what, they aren't!!

That the media has a strong bias towards their favourite teams like Utd and Liverpool (the ones with the biggest fanbases, so generate the most advertising dollars) which is just what it is. That won't change until more people want to read articles about City than Utd, and that's going to take decades. Referees aren't bent, if anything they are probably favourable to us as they tend to be more hesitant making match changing decisions against the "big" teams. Same with the bias that probably creeps in giving favourable decisions for home teams with the home crowd supporting them.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Tesl wrote:Just for the record, I think referee's have been really quite fair to us this season and I think most of you are paranoid fruitcakes.

If there was an agenda the onside goal yesterday wouldn't have been given offside, Mangala would have got sent off for his high kick a few weeks back and I'm sure we've been lucky elsewhere too. People here remember all the calls that go against us and don't think anything of decisions that go for us. I'm pretty sure if you check every single forum for every single team you will see the same thing - fans always think referee's are unfair against them.

That the media has a strong bias towards their favourite teams like Utd and Liverpool (the ones with the biggest fanbases, so generate the most advertising dollars) which is just what it is. That won't change until more people want to read articles about City than Utd, and that's going to take decades. Referees aren't bent, if anything they are probably favourable to us as they tend to be more hesitant making match changing decisions against the "big" teams. Same with the bias that probably creeps in giving favourable decisions for home teams with the home crowd supporting them.

For one thing, what we have just been discussing is how managers can affect the way referees give decisions, with examples, not the 'agenda' you seem to be on, & two, can you give some examples of a few other teams who have had a similar number of obvious penalties not given as we have seen with Aguero ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Pardew: cunt hero cunt hero cunt hero & today standing on the edge of the cunt cliff with the hero airship ready to pick him up..

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tesl » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Tesl wrote:Just for the record, I think referee's have been really quite fair to us this season and I think most of you are paranoid fruitcakes.

For one thing, what we have just been discussing is how managers can affect the way referees give decisions, with examples, not the 'agenda' you seem to be on, & two, can you give some examples of a few other teams who have had a similar number of obvious penalties not given as we have seen with Aguero ?

My reply was mostly directed at beefy, who definitely seems to think there is such an "agenda", rather than decisions being made purely as a result of referee pressure.

I can't give you more examples from other teams no because I haven't watched all of their games.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Tesl wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

My reply was mostly directed at beefy, who definitely seems to think there is such an "agenda", rather than decisions being made purely as a result of referee pressure.

I can't give you more examples from other teams no because I haven't watched all of their games.

And where did I say there's an agenda against us?

Seems like some are getting paranoid about the paranoia.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:57 pm

Tesl wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

You wouldn't need to if it had happened to Utd or Chelsea mate, it would be shoved down your throat by the media, all week, so you couldn't avoid it, thus putting huge pressure on the next decision to go in their favour.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Brave Geordie through & through, policeman/vicar Stephen Taylor, has just managed to heroically collide with a goalpost. Sunderland just missed a sitter whilst he was off having treatment. In the last game, he heroically got himself sent off & almost cost them the points v Chelsea.

It is not coincidence.

He is a fucking donkey.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Ameobi is a tranny crackwhore, no?

He really looks like...a tranny....crackwhore.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Judging by recent assessments by football pundits, Pantillimon, due to saving some shots most of which were kicked straight at him, is one of the best goalkeepers in the world.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dwaring » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:20 pm

How about Citeh North! Panti with an amazing save and old AJ with his forth winner Against the barcodes. Glad to see both of them doing well in such a big match for the.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:24 pm

AJ's goal. Have a look at the Newcastle player who arrives in the middle of the box when Sunderland attack, & tell me, what the FUCKING HELL he is doing.

These cunts get paid loads of money.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:AJ's goal. Have a look at the Newcastle player who arrives in the middle of the box when Sunderland attack, & tell me, what the FUCKING HELL he is doing.

He was watching him score a goal. Front row seat!

You'd think at some point he would register to close the player down. Jinky sat down laid out a blanket and had a picnic before the shot. Great location but still....fuck me.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:39 pm

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:02 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:AJ's goal. Have a look at the Newcastle player who arrives in the middle of the box when Sunderland attack, & tell me, what the FUCKING HELL he is doing.

He was watching him score a goal. Front row seat!

You'd think at some point he would register to close the player down. Jinky sat down laid out a blanket and had a picnic before the shot. Great location but still....fuck me.

You would imagine that the idea of a bloke stood completely on his own in the middle of their box, might trigger some kind of instinct of danger somewhere in the back of the the mind, but no.

On another note; Tyler just wished everyone seasons greetings & I found myself shouting "Fuck off" at the screen.

No mince pies for the cunt from this cunt.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum