Mangala interview

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mangala interview

Postby twosips » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:09 am

I enjoyed this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... oblem.html

Daily Mail link. Apologies.

He actually requested that interview to talk about his form and how he feels he's adapting which is very rare - quite admirable in my opinion. He seems a very intelligent player - he actually talks about the game like Vinny does which can only be a very, very good thing.

I know the club does a lot more research into a player's mental well being these days and only wants to sign the most serious of professionals and this does indicate that too. Mangala seems like someone that has his head screwed on and will hopefully be around for many, many years. There will be no Balotellis, Tevez's or players that'll rock the boat I reckon.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Re: Mangala interview

Postby aaron bond » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:52 am

Thanks for sharing.

I think he's turning into a very good player. There was always going to be a learning curve and he has made mistakes, but he likes to get involved in the action so there will be mistakes made. Compare him to Nastasic who did his absolute best to avoid getting involved in any defending whatsoever.

The fee for Mangala was high so that's always going to be a focus for a lot of people. But he is becoming more comfortable with life in Premier League and seems able to partner well with either Kompany or Demichelis.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:41 am

They had to get the rags in the article straight away though didn't they...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:31 am

Good piece. Cheers.

I'm amazed people don't 'get' this when we sign players, especially defenders, to play in the Premier League. It's very likely they are going to struggle. More likely than not. It's just whether they can overcome it quick enough to be usefull in the short term, or whether it takes longer.

If you have all the right attributes, like Mangala & Fernando, then you have a better chance long term, than those who don't (Nastasic).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Good piece. Cheers.

I'm amazed people don't 'get' this when we sign players, especially defenders, to play in the Premier League. It's very likely they are going to struggle. More likely than not. It's just whether they can overcome it quick enough to be usefull in the short term, or whether it takes longer.

If you have all the right attributes, like Mangala & Fernando, then you have a better chance long term, than those who don't (Nastasic).

I think we all 'got' it, doesn't make it any less frustrating watching him acclimatize.

And for those that missed it, our best defender MDM took 6 months to get it right.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum