Joe Hart - New Contract

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart - New Contract

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:32 am

I said on the first page it was a mistake and yesterdays game is exactly why I said it.

he is thick as fuck, his decision making is poor and at his age, will never improve it.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:44 am

dazby wrote:He saved us the other point with the three brilliant saves he made.

It's a bit sad we couldn't score twice. Send your venom to the other end lads.

I agree, the Everton keeper was a young novice who looked a liability in previous games, but we didn't test him with shots on target. We should not over react at a single incident IMO. My main gripe yesterday was our attackers not putting shots on target, I would have liked to see Lampard given more than 8 minutes, he can find the net. Our defence gave too many soft free kicks away in dangerous positions. Everton were always going to be a danger from set pieces. Hart was not perfect but much better than many of the team yesterday.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:21 pm

Whinge. Every time Hart concedes he's gonna be the target for the boo boys on here. Even when he keeps a clean sheet people are moaning about his passing.

There is no way yesterday's goal was his fault, there's also no chance of him saving it if he'd stayed on his line.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby dazby » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:28 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

I don't see why such a basic mistake gets a free ride.

I can accept keepers not saving a shot, I accept that they make mistakes from time to time. This though, was totally careless. Shocking really from a goalkeeper 'supposedly' rated amongst the top in the world

Basic error at West Brom, basic error yesterday. Not sure how we can sustain this rate too much.

Not so keen on the 'brilliant saves' - isn't that what a goalie is there for and trains for?

Strikers train to score goals - yet Jojo and Sergio didn't do their job. Where's their criticism?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:49 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
There is no way yesterday's goal was his fault, there's also no chance of him saving it if he'd stayed on his line.

So you're saying if he stays on his line he's not a good enough keeper to make an instinctive save? So you're admiting he's dog shit?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Mase wrote:

So you're saying if he stays on his line he's not a good enough keeper to make an instinctive save? So you're admiting he's dog shit?

He is good enough, if the ball happens to go near him at the right height for him to clear it out of the 6 yard box, & it doesn't bounce off him to another Everton player or hit a City player & go in. He also had a chance of getting a hand to the ball & preventing Naismith from heading it. Both very risky.

About a third of a second to decide whether to move or stay.

Are you certain he would have come out, if whoever was supposed to pick up Naismith had actually been there in front of him ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:04 pm

dazby wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

I don't see why such a basic mistake gets a free ride.

I can accept keepers not saving a shot, I accept that they make mistakes from time to time. This though, was totally careless. Shocking really from a goalkeeper 'supposedly' rated amongst the top in the world

Basic error at West Brom, basic error yesterday. Not sure how we can sustain this rate too much.

Not so keen on the 'brilliant saves' - isn't that what a goalie is there for and trains for?

Strikers train to score goals - yet Jojo and Sergio didn't do their job. Where's their criticism?

That's total and utter bollocks, two completely different issues and you know it. We were winning, we had scored, the team were doing their job.

Like I said above, if he doesn't save the odd shot, that's not something to criticise over, goalkeepers can't save everything. But obviously those who are defending the indefensible here have to make it an issue that he is being scapegoated.

He isn't, he fucked up! And that's worthy of discussion.

Aguero or Jovetic or Silva not being able to hit a cows arse with a banjo doesn't lose us games or drop points, running in the wrong fucking direction and leaving an open net does and having scored what could have been a decisive goal, hart's mistake is directly culpable for conceding the equaliser and dropping 2 points, not aguero, not Jovetic

It's a worthwhile discussion on its own merits, because to have no awareness whatsoever where the attacking player is, is appalling for a keeper at professional level, let alone premier league or international level.

It's fucking basics.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby steelsnail » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:12 pm

I thought Coleman on goals on Sunday analysed it very well. He said the defenders at the back stick dropped to quickly ,this let Naismith run through the front stick defenders and also let him remain onside . All happens in a split second .like harts decision to come for ball or stay. All down to defenders not communicating properly in his eyes.
steelsnail
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Zabs

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:13 pm

A much bigger basic, is when the manager highlights that the biggest threat is from set pieces, & Everton have the ball in a situation of no danger whatsoever, just after we've scored, & one of our most experienced players just decides he will commit a totally random foul, so that Leighton Baines can fire a ball into our box.

Just like that. No pressure. 'There you go lads, have a set piece, like we've been talking about as the main danger all week'.

How the fuck can anything Joe Hart has done in the split second, be compared to that criminally shite action ?

And how many goals have been conceded like that, compared to mistakes by Hart, in the past 5 years ?

Why are some players fodder for blame, & others can do exactly what the fuck they like & get off scott free ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:18 pm

Fully agree with Sparty and don't have much to add. But I will say I've long believed joe is good only when he's not required to make decisions, eg instinctive reaction saves. When he has to make a decision - how to organize a wall, where to position himself, where or how to distribute, when to come off his line, etc - he is fucking GASH and always will be. It's telling how much more relaxed and assured our other players have looked when pantillimon or caballero have started matches for us. I don't think they trust joe anymore than I do.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:A much bigger basic, is when the manager highlights that the biggest threat is from set pieces, & Everton have the ball in a situation of no danger whatsoever, just after we've scored, & one of our most experienced players just decides he will commit a totally random foul, so that Leighton Baines can fire a ball into our box.

Just like that. No pressure. 'There you go lads, have a set piece, like we've been talking about as the main danger all week'.

How the fuck can anything Joe Hart has done in the split second, be compared to that criminally shite action ?

And how many goals have been conceded like that, compared to mistakes by Hart, in the past 5 years ?

Why are some players fodder for blame, & others can do exactly what the fuck they like & get off scott free ?

Your right , he is making too many fouls and it needs to be addressed , IMO he is a yard slower this season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:A much bigger basic, is when the manager highlights that the biggest threat is from set pieces, & Everton have the ball in a situation of no danger whatsoever, just after we've scored, & one of our most experienced players just decides he will commit a totally random foul, so that Leighton Baines can fire a ball into our box.

I'm sorry if it's coming across that hart is getting called out alone for the situation. I fully agree the defenders were at fault, the bloke should never have had that much space.

My concern about hart's conduct, is that his 'split second decision' involved running to where he thought the ball was going to be, not where the attacker was going to be, a basic error for an experienced goalkeeper

Had he looked up and attacked the space the player was moving into, he would have got there first, no doubt about it

Regardless of the defence's actions, that is poor goalkeeping, poor awareness and poor decision making
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:37 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

I'm sorry if it's coming across that hart is getting called out alone for the situation. I fully agree the defenders were at fault, the bloke should never have had that much space.

My concern about hart's conduct, is that his 'split second decision' involved running to where he thought the ball was going to be, not where the attacker was going to be, a basic error for an experienced goalkeeper

Had he looked up and attacked the space the player was moving into, he would have got there first, no doubt about it

Regardless of the defence's actions, that is poor goalkeeping, poor awareness and poor decision making

But we have seen the new goalkeeping god, De Gea, do the same plenty of times actually much worse. For some reason, the 'powers' have decided he won't do it again. He will.

I can't think of many keepers who don't make mistakes of one kind or another. My problem with Hart was that for a period, he wasn't saving anything; every shot went in. That was no use at all. But now he is making saves again. I don't think he's the best keeper ever, & if ever a true genius keeper becomes available, I'll hapilly swap, but he's no more responsible than anyone else for goals conceded at the moment imo. If he's not good enough, then none of our defenders are, either.

Also, we hadn't conceded a goal from a corner, until he was left out. Then we concede directly from a corner with Willy, & now direct from a set piece when Joe comes back. Coinicidence, or lapse of concentration caused by change ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Mase wrote:

Oh fuck off you whiney cock. How is he saying Hart is dogshit if he cant save a flicked header, you're putting words in peoples mouth because you are a complete wanker.

Hart made 2 excellent saves during the game to show that he is good enough to make them kind of instinctive saves.

Look at the goal again, why did Zabba move away from Naismith, Fernando was trying to tell Nasri to drop onto Naismith who didn't and Fernando ended up standing beside him but not goal side and never followed the run. Naismith was completely unmarked the entire time they were setting up the free kick. Maybe look at the entire set up for that free kick to see there was plenty of mistakes not only Hart's
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:02 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Oh fuck off you whiney cock. How is he saying Hart is dogshit if he cant save a flicked header, you're putting words in peoples mouth because you are a complete wanker.

Hart made 2 excellent saves during the game to show that he is good enough to make them kind of instinctive saves.

Look at the goal again, why did Zabba move away from Naismith, Fernando was trying to tell Nasri to drop onto Naismith who didn't and Fernando ended up standing beside him but not goal side and never followed the run. Naismith was completely unmarked the entire time they were setting up the free kick. Maybe look at the entire set up for that free kick to see there was plenty of mistakes not only Hart's

Turn it in you muppet I was being sarcastic! If you want to start calling people names do it in real life not over the internet.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Fully agree with Sparty and don't have much to add. But I will say I've long believed joe is good only when he's not required to make decisions, eg instinctive reaction saves. When he has to make a decision - how to organize a wall, where to position himself, where or how to distribute, when to come off his line, etc - he is fucking GASH and always will be. It's telling how much more relaxed and assured our other players have looked when pantillimon or caballero have started matches for us. I don't think they trust joe anymore than I do.

It's an interesting thought about him playing well instinctively, and one that probably holds true
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:00 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Turn it in you muppet I was being sarcastic! If you want to start calling people names do it in real life not over the internet.

I apologise if you were being sarcastic, it doesn't always come across but it was these type of comments that I was hitting out at from fans. They are everywhere now, "Joe is the best keeper in the world one minute and shit the next. Zabba is past it and we need to get rid. Some after seeing mangalanfor 2 games were sayingnhe will never make it and we should get rid. Yaya, nasri, the 2 ferns, clichy, kolorov, dzeko, jovetic, milner demi, navas have all come in for criticism and comments of "get rid" if they makenone error. Although some of them might not be good enough for us to progress to the next level, they are still city players and should be cheered on and not be expected to be jumped on when they are trying their best but making small errors.

Also this has nothing to do with being on the internet. I would have said the same to your face if I heard you say it (and didnt pick up that you were being sarcastic)
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

I apologise if you were being sarcastic, it doesn't always come across but it was these type of comments that I was hitting out at from fans. They are everywhere now, "Joe is the best keeper in the world one minute and shit the next. Zabba is past it and we need to get rid. Some after seeing mangalanfor 2 games were sayingnhe will never make it and we should get rid. Yaya, nasri, the 2 ferns, clichy, kolorov, dzeko, jovetic, milner demi, navas have all come in for criticism and comments of "get rid" if they makenone error. Although some of them might not be good enough for us to progress to the next level, they are still city players and should be cheered on and not be expected to be jumped on when they are trying their best but making small errors.

Also this has nothing to do with being on the internet. I would have said the same to your face if I heard you say it (and didnt pick up that you were being sarcastic)

I made a comment (most likely on the Kola thread to state that players getting abuse is a joke but it's always been around with City fans and that I didn't agree with it. It winds me up when fans don't encourage the players and get on their back.

100% you wouldn't have said that to me if we'd been sat in a pub and you overhead me saying that, sarcastic or not. And if you would have just come out and said that without first challenging the person as to why they have that opinion without resorting to name calling it says a lot about you as a person mate if you'd just come out and call someone a "Whiny cock" and a "complete wanker" straight away without trying to prove them wrong. You're probably in for a hiding at some point. I'm pretty sure we're all here to disagree and have our own opinion. I do enjoying taking the piss quite a lot on here. Half the time I'm on a wind up because we're all City fans and I thought we could all take it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

I made a comment (most likely on the Kola thread to state that players getting abuse is a joke but it's always been around with City fans and that I didn't agree with it. It winds me up when fans don't encourage the players and get on their back.

100% you wouldn't have said that to me if we'd been sat in a pub and you overhead me saying that, sarcastic or not. And if you would have just come out and said that without first challenging the person as to why they have that opinion without resorting to name calling it says a lot about you as a person mate if you'd just come out and call someone a "Whiny cock" and a "complete wanker" straight away without trying to prove them wrong. You're probably in for a hiding at some point. I'm pretty sure we're all here to disagree and have our own opinion. I do enjoying taking the piss quite a lot on here. Half the time I'm on a wind up because we're all City fans and I thought we could all take it.

Lets say you were serious with your comment, then 100% I would have said something to you because a "whiney cock" is exactly what you would be sounding like. I have often had discussions defending city players or the club in general with fans of other clubs and never came close to getting a hiding over it. Something just annoys me when so called city fans constantly get on players backs and criticise their every move. Lately some fans seem to be looking for a certain player to make mistakes so they can say "I told you so"
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:20 pm

joe hart was faultless imo, there was no one marking naismith, stay on his line or come out he was powerless to stop the goal, in fact he made at least 2 saves that kept us in the game at 0-0, although his distribution could be better at times ,nobody who knows anything about football could criticise him.
for the goal.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum