Sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:59 pm

You all know what happend, he refused a new contract from Scouse one. Of course, on Twatter, City is accused of making a move for the youngster, because we need english players.

Supposed this is true, yes or no?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Sterling

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:03 pm

Hope not.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:19 pm

he'd thrive under a proper manager
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Yes. Even if his finishing has been dire this season, he's making things happen & creating loads of chances for himself & others. He wouldn't necessarily have to bury those playing for City, just square them to Aguero instead.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Wooders » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Depending on the price I'd take a gamble on him
I'd like to see us bring him and Berkeley in to be honest - however both are gambles and I feel with ffp clipping our wings added to the combined mugging the liverpool teams would want cash wise i don't think it will happen sadly, which is a shame as ultimately it would be good for England with the training, leadership and European level of playing time we can consistently offer here
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Him or Berkley would be just fine by me .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:51 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Yes. Even if his finishing has been dire this season, he's making things happen & creating loads of chances for himself & others. He wouldn't necessarily have to bury those playing for City, just square them to Aguero instead.

Like he did for balotelli?

No thanks. 2014s Aaron Lennon
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby twosips » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:03 pm

He's a really good player but i think we have 3 or 4 players in the youth team that'll come through very soon that are just as good if not better potentially. No point splashing £40m if not more on him.

Just give Lopes, Barker, Ambrose etc a go.

Also, Barkley is better potentially imo.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:08 pm

I don't think we can spend that much. If his contract would expire soon, then Liverpool are not in the position to decline let's say, 12 mil.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:29 pm

twosips wrote:He's a really good player but i think we have 3 or 4 players in the youth team that'll come through very soon that are just as good if not better potentially. No point splashing £40m if not more on him.

Just give Lopes, Barker, Ambrose etc a go.

Also, Barkley is better potentially imo.

This is how I feel Sterling is a really good player But I am sure Paddy V has a few Aces up his sleeve as said already . However if out pisses off Brenda & Co .ho hum
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby kinkylola » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:50 pm

people are saying no to him now because nasri has had a run of good games, as soon as he goes on a cold streak, i'd put money on those same people saying we need to spend $$$ on someone new.

Young, talented, english ... ticks a lot of boxes for City. Don't know if he has the right attitude/mentality, but i'm sure the club will have done their research on him already and if a move is in the works I'd trust it. If we don't sign him, i'd be pretty confident it's because the club decided not to, which I'd trust too. Think he will be a real success somewhere once he leaves liverpool.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:30 am

I'd be interested to see why he's stalling on a new contract. Is he that fed up with the scousers that he wants to jump ship? Or is he just another egocentric tosser?
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby twosips » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:46 am

Doesn't take a genius to work out that Liverpool are going nowhere. Don't blame him for wanting out potentially.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby PrezIke » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:53 am

i'd take him in a heartbeat.

interesting to see him slagged off a bit here.

he has world class potential and has shown to already a be dangerous force on a team with a strong attack.

he started for england for a reason, and is the kind of direct player with pace that we would benefit from.

he'd fit in with us very well on the right, and being english helps us with homegrown player needs.

hard to see liverpool conceding him to us.

aren't there so-called real madrid in for him rumours going around?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dameerto » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:44 am

I'd love to see him here.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:13 am

Dameerto wrote:I'd love to see him here.

I'd just like to see the faces of the Scousers, we wouldn't need street lights, there'd be candles lit all the way down the 62.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:09 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I'd love to see him here.

I'd just like to see the faces of the Scousers, we wouldn't need street lights, there'd be candles lit all the way down the 62.

yes that would be nice, but not at a huge cost.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:34 am

He is using us for a better deal at scouse he aint going anywhere in my opinion. I dont think us or real madrid or the other teams leaked are interested.

In saying that i was disappointed we didnt get him when he was 15, at one stage he was a cert to sign for us and then at last minute he went the dippers if i recall correctly.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:08 am

Dubciteh wrote:He is using us for a better deal at scouse he aint going anywhere in my opinion. I dont think us or real madrid or the other teams leaked are interested.

In saying that i was disappointed we didnt get him when he was 15, at one stage he was a cert to sign for us and then at last minute he went the dippers if i recall correctly.

Could be spot on, however the stress it could cause the gobby bastards would be worth it, maybe at the presser today Pellers can talk it up big time, how he has always admired the talents, "He is a Liverpool player so I repeat" "I do not think his agent having dinner with me and Khaldoon is anything to worry about" etc etc.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:17 am

Dubciteh wrote:He is using us for a better deal at scouse he aint going anywhere in my opinion. I dont think us or real madrid or the other teams leaked are interested.

If that is true, it means City already have a connection with him & therefore means it's very much more likely he could end up at City.

I'm 50/50 about it personally.

I wasn't impressed when I first saw him; he seemed very Walcott, Lennon, Oxlade ish where he has all the ability but little football intelligence. But playing with Suarez last season, he looked very clever & also his workrate was excellent. Playing for England though, even when everyone was kissing his arse, I thought he looked Walcottish again.

So it seems to me, that if he plays with smart people, he will get smarter. If he plays with mugs, he will end up another Walcott; talented but stupid.

I see the argument for his signing bein a negative re our academy players. But as has been pointed out; our squad is of the right age, to be gradually replaced by younger players. So if you assume a squad has, say 4 players who can play wide(ish), with Navas gone, Silva Nasri ageing & not really wide players anyway; Milner ageing utility player; it would be Sterling plus upto 3 other places available for academy wide(ish) players..

If we get 3 or 4 of our academy wide(ish) players to come through in the space of a few years, we are doing exeptionally well. And if it hapens, we have the option of selling either Sterling or any of them depending on who comes out best.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum