***roma v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***roma v city official match thread***

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:55 pm

Edit :
.A game of Football is won and lost in midfield.

Tonight our midfield was outstanding.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Spurge » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
kennyboy wrote:Fantastic from the lads, Nasri and Demi best out there. And Dzeko holy cow how shite is he, cant wait to get rid.

Why not give him a break? You applaud Nasri now that he is only now back in form after few weeks in the team after his injury and yet Dzeko should be in top form straight away after his return from injury?
Not to mention being isolated up there surely was not an easy task. He still did some good hold up play to bring others into the game.

He's no Aguero OK but IMHO that was a decent performance from a lad up on his own, coming back from injury

Glad you said it - Edin has stepped up when we've been without Aguero before so why cant he do it again? You make very good points re Nasri and Dzeko. Edin not match fit, comes into a massive game and whilst it was clear a game of this magnitude was too soon he put in a shift as a lone striker.

As for Nasri, he's back to full fitness and in the form of his life - good to see.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:32 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:great player is Nasri....Knew he would come right.

Just reading the the thread back - Made me lol after the earlier post - not often that happens - good humour
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Duckman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Its been a perfect month for us, bar the injuries.

Lesbian's been awesome for quite some time now, just before he stroke it I yelled "shooot for fuck's sake.

Gael's last five or so games were imcredible.

The team was awesome tonight, without all the injured/suspended players.

City's fucking back and here to fucking stay!

I enjoyed this very much.

Cheers
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Can we have at least two man of the match votes again for this one. I would find it difficult to choose better Hart and Nasri.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:58 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:Can we have at least two man of the match votes again for this one. I would find it difficult to choose better Hart and Nasri.

I do not. Nasri by a mile.

The guy has delivered .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:47 am

zuricity wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Just what the fuck does Nasri actually bring to the table ,what defense splitting passes has he made??????? even when he got the ball in the penalty area somehow he managed to coax it back to the FUCKIGN HALF WAY LINE !!!! He SLOWS THE FUCKING PLAY DOWN every bastard time then does SWEET fuckall with it.

Not fit to lace Silvas boots up......doing my head in watching him.

How's the egg on your face coming off.
Nasri is largely responsible for our upturn in fortunes since his return, and Ya Ya's form has miraculously improved since his returnalso. A criminally underrated player IMHO

Here's me thinking you were quoting Ted Hughes.

FFS . What does it matter if people get angry snd annoyed during a game ?

It is really cheap to go after someone when the team have performed.

Really cheap.

Now

Nasri... kin brill tonight . nuff said?

You are a very strange little man.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:52 am

Fantastic performance, to a man. We were ourselves which was the most pleasing thing.

Shorn of four of our five crown jewell players, that game will go down in City folklore and won't be forgotten by those who witnessed it. Nasri and Fernandinho were particularly excellent, but Hart, Demichelis and Clichy also gave noteworthy showings. Zabba was Zabba, Mangala looked calm and assured, Fernando a rock of stability in true though shall not pass mode. Navas an energetic workhorse both with and without the ball, Jimmy gave another lung busting effort doing all the little things required - witness his run creating space for Nasri to shoot - whilst Edin, only just back from injury, worked hard up top before running out of steam.

Proud of the lot of them, and the fans out there and most of all our wonderful club. A landmark night in Europe for us as we fought back for ourselves and gave a collective two fingers to the critics in the media who had come to hang us. A great night.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:08 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Fantastic performance, to a man. We were ourselves which was the most pleasing thing.

Shorn of four of our five crown jewell players, that game will go down in City folklore and won't be forgotten by those who witnessed it. Nasri and Fernandinho were particularly excellent, but Hart, Demichelis and Clichy also gave noteworthy showings. Zabba was Zabba, Mangala looked calm and assured, Fernando a rock of stability in true though shall not pass mode. Navas an energetic workhorse both with and without the ball, Jimmy gave another lung busting effort doing all the little things required - witness his run creating space for Nasri to shoot - whilst Edin, only just back from injury, worked hard up top before running out of steam.

Proud of the lot of them, and the fans out there and most of all our wonderful club. A landmark night in Europe for us as we fought back for ourselves and gave a collective two fingers to the critics in the media who had come to hang us. A great night.

Had to be out tonight so just watched it as live. Wonderful team performance is right and just how away Europe games should be played. Missing Yaya might have been a bonus as I thought The 2 F's were top top class but I don't think we had a weak player out there tonight even if a few might have stood out as exceptional.

The reality for City,that one man team, is that for quite a while from the start of the season we were not playing that well. Some individuals were off form and the team were just not getting it right. As a result we were inconsistent and losing or drawing games as a result. Aguero was the stand out player and maybe dug us out on occasion but once the team really did start to get it right we are firing on all cylinders and looking a great team again. Long may it continue of course and let's hope there is no " after the Lord Mayor's show" this weekend. Whatever team we put out we have the chance of winning the next 6 games in a row in the league. I expect Pellers to make regular changes to give rests where needed but it shouldn't matter.

Here's hoping.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:25 am

zuricity wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Just what the fuck does Nasri actually bring to the table ,what defense splitting passes has he made??????? even when he got the ball in the penalty area somehow he managed to coax it back to the FUCKIGN HALF WAY LINE !!!! He SLOWS THE FUCKING PLAY DOWN every bastard time then does SWEET fuckall with it.

How's the egg on your face coming off.
Nasri is largely responsible for our upturn in fortunes since his return, and Ya Ya's form has miraculously improved since his returnalso. A criminally underrated player IMHO

Here's me thinking you were quoting Ted Hughes.

FFS . What does it matter if people get angry snd annoyed during a game ?

It is really cheap to go after someone when the team have performed.

Really cheap.

Now

Nasri... kin brill tonight . nuff said?

He certainly turned the corner from then on didnt he...excellent from then on actually.

Always makes me laugh when some fans dont comment during match threads then go through the comments to see who they can point the finger at...........its called a match thread for a reason !!

Anyway , we showed bottle and I though the midfield were fuckign excellent - Maybe Toure should NOT be playing against certain sides in europe....not in midfied anyway.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bigblue » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:06 am

Just because big and little fern did well, doesn't mean that everyone has to slate Yaya. FFS he's just gotten back to his best form and posters on here wait one game for him to be missing before taking the knives out. While the two yesterday did well without the ball, we would have kept much better possession and been more incisive with Yaya. He's the heartbeat of our team when fit.

Great win but a lot of coward/ungrateful posters looking to criticize one of our best players for no reason
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:45 am

just finished watching the match.

Hart had 3 match-winning saves and was great. he didn't kick the ball out or to a Roma player from what i can remember. MOTM for me.

that being said, Fernando was fucking immense. sure he doesn't want to shoot whatsoever and looks out of place near the opponent's box but he destroyed midfield and did well dropping back into the back line. Joint MOTM for me.

Dzeko did very well in his hold-up play but his finishing was poor/rusty, which is to be expected after being out for so long.
Kolarov can keep his ass on the bench for all im concerned. Clichy is on fire.

Milner's run to drag Keita away was crucial for Nasri's opener. Nice from Milner.

Manolas looked fantastic for them. what a player.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:14 am

Nasri MotM, he scored one, set up the other and carried the creative load for the entire team.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby walmai » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:31 am

Great result.

Will be some comfort to get this far, when we pip you for the title the double in May.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:08 am

phips wrote:just finished watching the match.

Hart had 3 match-winning saves and was great. he didn't kick the ball out or to a Roma player from what i can remember. MOTM for me.

that being said, Fernando was fucking immense. sure he doesn't want to shoot whatsoever and looks out of place near the opponent's box but he destroyed midfield and did well dropping back into the back line. Joint MOTM for me.

Dzeko did very well in his hold-up play but his finishing was poor/rusty, which is to be expected after being out for so long.
Kolarov can keep his ass on the bench for all im concerned. Clichy is on fire.

Milner's run to drag Keita away was crucial for Nasri's opener. Nice from Milner.

Manolas looked fantastic for them. what a player.

I agreE about Manolas , what a CB.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:59 am

london blue 2 wrote:Sky's coverage of Chelsea playing some no name 18 year old for 8minutes was pretty fucking cringeworthy. Interviews and all lol

That was quite incredible.

Mourinho rolls out Rueben Loftus Cheek in his pre match conference, acting like a spoilt child responding to the publicity about City's academy, basically saying "look we've got one, we've got one !" (yes you have Jose, you've been hoovering up players for years & paying them big money whilst we had fuck all) then he gives him a big build up & all the sycophants sit down waiting to be in shock & awe of this wonder kid...then he doesn't pick him.

So do they go "Eight fucking minutes........... EIGHT.......!!" ? "That's all you give him, after all that bullshit !" ?

No, they analyse his eight minutes (where he does basically nothing of note & fucks up a decent chance) then interview him. Then analyse him some more. As if Mourinho has done something special by giving him eight fucking minutes on the pitch.

Only ended by Gary Neville saying: "the last thing you want is to be pulling him off when he's not ready for it " and Carragher, Souness corpsing completely & being unable to speak anymore on the subject, which was admittedly, fucking hilarious.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:07 am

Actually the whole panel did criticise Mourinho before kick off for not taking advantage of a 'free' match to blood a couple of academy youngsters from the start of the match.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:12 am

blues2win wrote:Actually the whole panel did criticise Mourinho before kick off for not taking advantage of a 'free' match to blood a couple of academy youngsters from the start of the match.

Fair enough, I was still in the pub then.

Makes it all the more strange they were sucking his dick afterwards. Perhaps the producer had a word.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:19 am

walmai wrote:Great result.

Will be some comfort to get this far, when we pip you for the title the double in May.

Haha

Welcome back Walmai.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:49 am

Gotta love the passion

In the 42nd Minute of the Match

at HT

blues2win wrote:For whatever reason Zaba's been shit. Gervinho arguably MoM so far. Still Roma are on a knife edge. 0-0 is fine but if we get 1 they need two and CSKA are only 1-0 down. Anyone's still.

Some HT Common sense

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Reading back the last few pages makes me wonder if I'm watching a different game. Edin has been great, good movement and hold up play. Zaba has been awesome, he's definitely on his game. Nasri has been quietest but he's still pulling players out with good movement.

Nobody has put a foot wrong, every player seems to be on it tonight.

Nasri scores - some humble pie maybe?

carl_feedthegoat wrote:great player is Nasri....Knew he would come right.

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Can people please keep off the players back , they are all putting in a shift tonight.

Thanks

Then revert to type

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Hart showing us all why some of us slag him off.

Thank fuck for Demi.!!

I dont think peterparker meant to write what this says?

PeterParker wrote:Demichelis is a fucking monument there, what a leader. My word.

and Zabaleta scores..........

blues2win wrote:Fucking hell. Zaba did I say you'd been shit? Well let's face it you were!

carl_feedthegoat wrote:splurt splurt splurt
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum