***roma v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***roma v city official match thread***

Postby PeterParker » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:24 pm

guv111 wrote:Great result. Was entertaining following the match at work via everyone's comments. Definitely preferable to listening to Smith's monotonous nasal droning on TV. Alan Smith really is a bitch. He trots out that "With the money they've spent..." bullshit even in FIFA. The gangly clown is a fucking parrot.

What do you expect when he workes week in and out next to Tyler?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:25 pm

blues2win wrote:Fernando and Fernandinho were immense and defensively we were miles better than if one had played with Toure.

I dont know. Maybe it was because i was shitting it so much watching that match, but i thought we still offered up too much space. Roma still had plenty of opportunities to score and they had plenty of space to move in midfield, getting right at our back line. Neither of them can hold onto possession like Yaya can, which is so important when relieving pressure on the backs.

Might have a different view when i watch it back tomorrow.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:Funnily enough, this is the sort of performance I expected from Bobby Manc's teams

It would be unlike him not to take some form of credit for it
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:Funnily enough, this is the sort of performance I expected from Bobby Manc's teams

Chortle.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Lev Bronstein » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:

Where's the "like" button when you want it
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Sky's coverage of Chelsea playing some no name 18 year old for 8minutes was pretty fucking cringeworthy. Interviews and all lol
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:31 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
blues2win wrote:Fernando and Fernandinho were immense and defensively we were miles better than if one had played with Toure.

I dont know. Maybe it was because i was shitting it so much watching that match, but i thought we still offered up too much space. Roma still had plenty of opportunities to score and they had plenty of space to move in midfield, getting right at our back line. Neither of them can hold onto possession like Yaya can, which is so important when relieving pressure on the backs.

Might have a different view when i watch it back tomorrow.

Think you might indeed.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:32 pm

They're still fucking talking about it hahaha
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:32 pm

I thought there wasn't a bad performance from a single player tonight. Rode our luck a couple of times but that'll happen in any match at this level. Everyone of them put in a mega shift.

Credit where it's due to the maligned ones. Mangala was immense. Big game hunter that one. Dzeko led the line well with good target man play, should have scored but he was superb in his team play. Navas was a constant threat, that's the most attacking I've seen him since he joined. Clichy was incredible too. And Joe, that's why he's our number 1. Like The Quim, he's a big game motherfucker.

Genuinely happy with everything tonight.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:34 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:This line up wont score.......fuckign clueless in the last quarter.
Nasri is a waste of space compared to silva...slows the play down.

Gotta be worth a quote

They were my thoughts exactly. I thought Nasri was wank and had just picked up my phone to post we needed to replace him, when he smashed that scorcher into the top corner.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Champions League were having a laugh !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:

Now now.... Stop that ..
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:40 pm

I actually thought all three of our away performances were reasonable this season. If the refs had done their jobs properly, we probably have won in Munich and definitely wold have in Moscow.
We are a decent team and a strong squad.
I think we need a kind draw now.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:40 pm

That was the most European i've seen us play.

VERY GOOD.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Just what the fuck does Nasri actually bring to the table ,what defense splitting passes has he made??????? even when he got the ball in the penalty area somehow he managed to coax it back to the FUCKIGN HALF WAY LINE !!!! He SLOWS THE FUCKING PLAY DOWN every bastard time then does SWEET fuckall with it.

Not fit to lace Silvas boots up......doing my head in watching him.

How's the egg on your face coming off.
Nasri is largely responsible for our upturn in fortunes since his return, and Ya Ya's form has miraculously improved since his returnalso. A criminally underrated player IMHO
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby blues2win » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:47 pm

We were away to Roma so you'd expect them to have spells of pressure but really Mangala and De Michelis did not look constantly overrun. On the contrary the two Ferns picked off Roma passing movements time after time. At 31 Yaya simply cannot shift his big frame to do that sort of job. If he's going to play in these sorts of difficult games he needs to play further forward without so many defensive responsibilities. There is then a question of where Silva and Nasri should play. I don't think you can accommodate all 3 to be honest. You can play Silva on the left where he's fine but really he's better floating around the centre of the pitch drifting left or right as he sees the play. Yaya playing further forward makes it difficult for him to play that role.
blues2win

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Quite simply, a complete European performance, from the managers tactics to the players to a man, carrying them out. This win cannot be underestimated. They are second in Serie A again and have a formidible home record and with 70k+ fans in it was a daunting atmosphere

Hart was superb. Showed what he can do and even his distribution was improved.
The defence was excellent, marshalled expertly by MDM. Mangala showed why we courted him for over a year. The full backs, Clichy in particular, were aggressive and second half Zabba was back to his old self after a wobbly first half hour.

The two ferns gave a masterclass in running a midfield. Covering, pressing, chasing and making life hard for their opponents. Nasri was excellent I thought. Held the ball well, scored a screamer and assisted Zabba. Navas's crossing was great and with a bit more luck could have led to a goal or two. Tracked back and with Jimmy grafted. Dzeko all things considered did OK. Yes he was off the pace a bit but he held it up well and it was his first full game so can be given a bit of slack.

Brilliant to see Dave again and straight away brought that spark. It was noticeable that the players, Milner in particular, perked up when he came on. It's as if they know if they attack the space then Dave will find them. He exudes a confidence that seeps through the team.

Pellers deserves a mention as the game plan was spot on and the shit he's had to deal with, he's come out with class and dignity as always.

Proud to be a blue tonight. It was a performance as a team for the team. It doesn't get much better
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:Quite simply, a complete European performance, from the managers tactics to the players to a man, carrying them out. This win cannot be underestimated. They are second in Serie A again and have a formidible home record and with 70k+ fans in it was a daunting atmosphere

Hart was superb. Showed what he can do and even his distribution was improved.
The defence was excellent, marshalled expertly by MDM. Mangala showed why we courted him for over a year. The full backs, Clichy in particular, were aggressive and second half Zabba was back to his old self after a wobbly first half hour.

The two ferns gave a masterclass in running a midfield. Covering, pressing, chasing and making life hard for their opponents. Nasri was excellent I thought. Held the ball well, scored a screamer and assisted Zabba. Navas's crossing was great and with a bit more luck could have led to a goal or two. Tracked back and with Jimmy grafted. Dzeko all things considered did OK. Yes he was off the pace a bit but he held it up well and it was his first full game so can be given a bit of slack.

Brilliant to see Dave again and straight away brought that spark. It was noticeable that the players, Milner in particular, perked up when he came on. It's as if they know if they attack the space then Dave will find them. He exudes a confidence that seeps through the team.

Pellers deserves a mention as the game plan was spot on and the shit he's had to deal with, he's come out with class and dignity as always.

Proud to be a blue tonight. It was a performance as a team for the team. It doesn't get much better

My thoughts entirely. Top night for us.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Just what the fuck does Nasri actually bring to the table ,what defense splitting passes has he made??????? even when he got the ball in the penalty area somehow he managed to coax it back to the FUCKIGN HALF WAY LINE !!!! He SLOWS THE FUCKING PLAY DOWN every bastard time then does SWEET fuckall with it.

Not fit to lace Silvas boots up......doing my head in watching him.

How's the egg on your face coming off.
Nasri is largely responsible for our upturn in fortunes since his return, and Ya Ya's form has miraculously improved since his returnalso. A criminally underrated player IMHO

Here's me thinking you were quoting Ted Hughes.

FFS . What does it matter if people get angry snd annoyed during a game ?

It is really cheap to go after someone when the team have performed.

Really cheap.

Now

Nasri... kin brill tonight . nuff said?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:53 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Reading back the last few pages makes me wonder if I'm watching a different game. Edin has been great, good movement and hold up play. Zaba has been awesome, he's definitely on his game. Nasri has been quietest but he's still pulling players out with good movement.

Nobody has put a foot wrong, every player seems to be on it tonight.

I agree entirely
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum