City to Play Real Madrid in Oz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City to Play Real Madrid in Oz

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:09 am

One for our Aussie gang

Real Madrid v Manchester City: Pre-season tournament at MCG

Manchester City will play Real Madrid at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in a pre-season tournament next summer.
The International Champions Cup from 18-24 July will feature Premier League holders City, Champions League winners Real and a final team to be confirmed.
City hold a stake in Australia's A-League after the club's owners purchased and rebranded Melbourne Heart as Melbourne City in January.
A crowd of 95,000 saw Liverpool play Melbourne Victory at the MCG last year.
City chief executive Ferran Soriano said: "We are looking forward, once again, to being a part of the tournament.
"We are particularly excited to be visiting Melbourne, which is home to our sister club."

Looks like a PR trip to Oz and maybe a Melbourne friendly could be in the offing
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: City to Play Real Madrid in Oz

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:26 am

Linkng in with another thread where the Chelsea fan was moaning about our turnover, its exhibition games like this which boost the coffers. Wouldn't be surprised if the tour to Oz made us £2/3m for basically playing a few games. Plus the increased exposure to our global partners
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:39 am

I really don't like this colaboration that City seems to have with Madrid, since that news about the sheik and Perez from a month ago or so.

Those fuckers will want Aguero, no doubt in mind, Sergio will be their next target in the summer and a good relashionship between clubs might make that move happen.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:55 am

PeterParker wrote:I really don't like this colaboration that City seems to have with Madrid, since that news about the sheik and Perez from a month ago or so.

Those fuckers will want Aguero, no doubt in mind, Sergio will be their next target in the summer and a good relashionship between clubs might make that move happen.

Absolute horseshit.

As much as I loved Pep I'm firmly in the Madrid camp now with anchovie and Hamess in the house. I see nothing wrong with a BFF relationship with the most storied club in football history tbh.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:56 am

PeterParker wrote:I really don't like this colaboration that City seems to have with Madrid, since that news about the sheik and Perez from a month ago or so.

I can't stand Franco's Fascists anymore than the next person, but this deal might work the other way and mean they keep their grubby fingers off our players.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:17 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

I can't stand Franco's Fascists anymore than the next person, but this deal might work the other way and mean they keep their grubby fingers off our players.

Who is say we don't have first dibs on Bale or Kroos or Varane or any of their players. If the stories around their finances and debt are just half true, then the Sheikh has helped bail them out. That will have had a price and it may be player related
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:17 am

My thoughts exactly when I heard the news. Perez is dancing to Mansour's tune so wouldn't want to upset the applecart by going after our star player.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 pm

My idea of a scenario would be this: Real will want Sergio for their "every summer a big name to sell shirts. etc". Here comes the dealbreaker, will Sergio want to move there?

After all the "i will bring Messi here" stuff, i believe not, plus he was at Atletico and he really looks like a lad that respects the rivalry between those two.

My problem is that we have a deal with the Devil and we must really know how to handle this, because if they smell blood and we don't know how to handle that, they will take advantage.

Of course, this can work in our advantage a lot and I am thinking at Benzema.

Bale and Tranny are out of reach, even if that, i am not that happy to see those two wearing a City shirt.

We just need to be careful around those fuckers. You never know.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:58 pm

There is only one team for Sheikh Mansour.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/socia ... day-party/
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:58 pm

I really don't think Aguero wants to go anywhere to be honest. I think he likes being the main man which he is here. Honestly think he enjoys Manchester too - I can see him being here for at least another 3 years.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:36 pm

I also don't think Aguero wants to go anywhere. Having said that, when Madrid want someone, they normally get them.
Let's hope he's the exception to the rule.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Who is say we don't have first dibs on Bale or Kroos or Varane or any of their players. If the stories around their finances and debt are just half true, then the Sheikh has helped bail them out. That will have had a price and it may be player related

Good call.

RM are going to be our 'feeder' club.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I also don't think Aguero wants to go anywhere. Having said that, when Madrid want someone, they normally get them.
Let's hope he's the exception to the rule.

Mess with the guys who are financing your ground ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Too much travelling getting done with this set of players.

On the other hand, perhaps they can fit a match in in Japan.

I hope the Oz Blues enjoy the Melbourne game(s).
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:32 am

I look forward to seeing Lopes, Pozo, Guidetti and Barker in the flesh.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:12 am

dazby wrote:I look forward to seeing Lopes, Pozo, Guidetti and Barker in the flesh.

You're getting naked with them? Presumptious but I like your style kid.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:53 am

Not been to Melbourne yet. On the cards.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:38 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
dazby wrote:I look forward to seeing Lopes, Pozo, Guidetti and Barker in the flesh.

You're getting naked with them? Presumptious but I like your style kid.

Cheers

It's a great way to assess future talent.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:24 am

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:03 am

Good choice for the third club, there's quite a large Italian contingent in Melbourne apparently.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum