The Academy Roads are Named

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Academy Roads are Named

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Manchester City Football Club is delighted to announce that three former players have been honoured with street names at City Football Academy (CFA).

In August, Cityzens members had the opportunity to vote for the legend they wanted featuring at the new facility via their Cityzens portal, and today they were revealed as Malcolm Allison, Mike Doyle and Neil Young.

Relatives and Cityzens joined Mike Summerbee at a special event as Allison Way, Young Drive and Doyle Lane were unveiled at the soon-to-be-opened facility.

“I am proud to see three of my closest friends, colleagues and teammates receive this great honour from the fans.” Mike said. “As three of the Club’s most distinguished personalities, it is fitting that Neil, Mike and Malcolm will have a permanent presence at this fantastic facility.”

“Whilst we look forward to an exciting future at City Football Academy, it is important that we also celebrate those who have helped make the Club what it is today.”

Mike Doyle and Neil Young together made over 700 appearances for Manchester City, scoring more than 100 goals, while Malcolm Allison helped lead City to several pieces of silverware as part of the formidable Mercer-Allison partnership.

The unveiling of the CFA street names comes just days ahead of the facility’s official opening. The CFA will be an exciting new facility for both players and the community, representing a significant regeneration of the East Manchester area.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: The Academy Roads are Named

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:03 pm

I like this feature, classy and respectful.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ruralblue » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I like this feature, classy and respectful.

Me too and great that it's shows good appreciation and recognition for what they did for the club over the years.

It also shows we ain't greedy in terms that they could have had these road ways sponsored to generate more income.

Good move by the club. :-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Chinners » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Aye, excellent stuff to 3 great former legends/hero's.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Excellent choices.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself. Nice one
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Great idea well done City.Look forward to seeing them at the formal opening of the new training facility on Monday
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Great idea well done City.Look forward to seeing them at the formal opening of the new training facility on Monday

Is that when you'll be formally presented with your free pass, allowing you to watch all the training sessions, Mr. H ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Great idea well done City.Look forward to seeing them at the formal opening of the new training facility on Monday

Is that when you'll be formally presented with your free pass, allowing you to watch all the training sessions, Mr. H ??

I think I can safely say no but it's nice to be invited to the formal opening by Vicky.

I actually spoke with the ladies team manager at the last game at Hyde (v Bayern) and said he should invite me to go and watch the ladies train next season and his reply was "that's more than my jobs worth"
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:51 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I think I can safely say no but it's nice to be invited to the formal opening by Vicky.

I actually spoke with the ladies team manager at the last game at Hyde (v Bayern) and said he should invite me to go and watch the ladies train next season and his reply was "that's more than my jobs worth"

Didn't realise you were such a smooth talking seducer Mr H, with a keen eye for the main chance.

Respect to you.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Didn't realise you were such a smooth talking seducer Mr H, with a keen eye for the main chance.

Respect to you.

haha of course but I did watch them for a month or so pre season this year and got to know him a little
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum