Football Supporters Federation Awards (AGUEROOOOOOOO)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Football Supporters Federation Awards (AGUEROOOOOOOO)

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:25 am

Another day, another accolade for the Barclays Premier League's leading scorer.

Sergio Aguero held off competition from Eden Hazard, Raheem Sterling, Branislav Ivanovic, Morgan Schneiderlin and Yaya Toure to succeed Luis Suarez as the Football Supporters’ Federation Player of the Year.

The FIFPro World XI of 2014 nominee has been, by his own reckoning, in the form of his life so far this campaign, netting 17 goals in 19 games in all competitions - a tally which includes 12 Premier League strikes in 13 appearances in 2014/15.

Kun wasn’t on the scoresheet against Southampton last time out but he assisted two goals and claimed the broadcaster’s Man of the Match award to cap another memorable week in the 26-year old’s City career.

The Argentine travelled down to London to accept the award in person and revealed his delight at this latest recognition from the supporters.

“I’m happy to receive this award from the fans, very happy,” Aguero declared.
“It’s a really special award as it’s from the supporters and I’d also like to take this opportunity to thanks everyone at the club.
“Not just the players but the coaching staff and technical team as well.”

Kevin Miles, Chief Executive of the FSF, said: “Sergio is in phenomenal form, he’s a worthy winner in an exceptionally talented field. He was the clear winner of the fans’ vote and a player we can all admire.”

Aguero was joined by hundreds of fans, journalists and club representatives to salute the best in the business across a range of categories including Pundit and Supporter Liaison Officer of the Year.

Sky Sports’ Gary Neville scooped Pundit of the Year, taking the prize from under the nose of his colleague Jamie Carragher.

Other winners on the night included Amy Lawrence who picked up Writer of the Year while Leeds United fanzine The Square Ball took home Fanzine of the Year.

Stoke City’s Anthony Emmerson won the inaugural Supporter Liaison Officer of the Year Award.

Almost 250,000 votes were cast in this year’s Awards.

The winners of the 2014 FSF Awards in association with William Hill:

• Away Day of the Year - Cardiff City

• Blogger of the Year - Arseblog

• Commentator of the Year - Martin Tyler

• Fanzine of the Year - The Square Ball

• Independent Website of the Year - Who Scored

• Newspaper of the Year - The Guardian

• Player of the Year - Sergio Agüero

• Podcast/Radio of the Year - Football Weekly

• Pundit of the Year - Gary Neville

• Supporter Liaison Officer of the Year - Anthony Emmerson

• Writer of the Year - Amy Lawrence

Cardiff away day of the year???? Really?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Football Supporters Federation Awards (AGUEROOOOOOOO)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:31 am

Commentator of the year - Martin Tyler ?????????
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:58 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Commentator of the year - Martin Tyler ?????????

goes to show it wasnt actually FOOTBALL fans that voted for this but rag fans!!!
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:14 am

Tbh, if you're not someone who can't stand Utd or Liverpool, then you probably don't notice Tyler's fawning quite so much & he is the bloke who does most of the biggest games, so will be commentating on a lot of memorable moments.

Not that much competition for him or Neville really.

For Serge to get the award from 250k football fans, considering all the Suarez, Gerrard, Rooney, stuff in the past year, is fair play to the voters.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:19 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Tbh, if you're not someone who can't stand Utd or Liverpool, then you probably don't notice Tyler's fawning quite so much & he is the bloke who does most of the biggest games, so will be commentating on a lot of memorable moments.

For Serge to get the award from 250k football fans, considering all the Suarez, Gerrard, Rooney, stuff in the past year, is fair play to the voters.

I think the Cardiff vote is stranger than the Tyler vote. Maybe its because its a brand new stadium and you literally step out of the train station and into the ground. Horrible fans though!
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Tbh, if you're not someone who can't stand Utd or Liverpool, then you probably don't notice Tyler's fawning quite so much & he is the bloke who does most of the biggest games, so will be commentating on a lot of memorable moments.

I think the Cardiff vote is stranger than the Tyler vote. Maybe its because its a brand new stadium and you literally step out of the train station and into the ground. Horrible fans though!

Not been there myself, but It may be the same with many of the voters & they've just picked it at random.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:56 pm

I know.

In seperate news though Harold Shipman posthumously just got doctor of the century
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I know.

In seperate news though Harold Shipman posthumously just got doctor of the century

Cracking comment; laughed my socks off at it.

To my mind, that's worth bonus points any day of the week.

Very nice indeed.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum