Mike Jones relegated

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mike Jones relegated

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:20 am

Should also have a compulsory visit to Specsavers

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... outhampton

Mike Jones will be the fourth official for Aston Villa’s game with Leicester on Sunday after his testing afternoon in Manchester City’s 3-0 victory at Southampton.

Jones booked the Manchester City striker Sergio Agüero for diving at St Mary’s on Sunday, despite the Argentina forward being clearly upended by José Fonte.

In a mixed display Jones also brought back play for a Southampton offside when the City defender Eliaquim Mangala was launching a dangerous attack.

Southampton, too, were frustrated, notably by a yellow card for Victor Wanyama’s tackle on Yaya Touré when they felt the Kenya midfielder took the ball.

Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the governing body of top-flight referees, have handed him an off-pitch role for this weekend but he will first take charge of West Bromwich Albion’s match at home to West Ham on Tuesday night, an assignment made before Sunday.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Mike Jones relegated

Postby aaron bond » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:59 am

He's lucky even to be a given a 4th official role next weekend.

It was a truly awful performance in our match on Sunday. We were on the end of most of the bad decisions, but even Southampton had some strange calls against them too.

That standard of refereeing has no place at any level and he really needs to improve if he's to remain in the Premier League.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:32 am

I think you're all being a bit harsh on Jones.
It's not easy to officiate a game when you're drunk.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:34 am

john@staustell wrote:Should also have a compulsory visit to Specsavers

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... outhampton

Mike Jones will be the fourth official for Aston Villa’s game with Leicester on Sunday after his testing afternoon in Manchester City’s 3-0 victory at Southampton.

Jones booked the Manchester City striker Sergio Agüero for diving at St Mary’s on Sunday, despite the Argentina forward being clearly upended by José Fonte.

In a mixed display Jones also brought back play for a Southampton offside when the City defender Eliaquim Mangala was launching a dangerous attack.

Southampton, too, were frustrated, notably by a yellow card for Victor Wanyama’s tackle on Yaya Touré when they felt the Kenya midfielder took the ball.

Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the governing body of top-flight referees, have handed him an off-pitch role for this weekend but he will first take charge of West Bromwich Albion’s match at home to West Ham on Tuesday night, an assignment made before Sunday.

The Guardian trying to be balanced, any observer with the benefit of a tv replay would know Wanyama did not touch the ball when he brought down Yaya.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:49 am

mr_nool wrote:I think you're all being a bit harsh on Jones.
It's not easy to officiate a game when you're drunk.

Very nice.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:19 pm

Incidentally, was there ever any fallout from the reffing of our game against CSKA?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:25 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Incidentally, was there ever any fallout from the reffing of our game against CSKA?

Yes, Mr. Sidiropoulos is now the proud owner of a luxury yacht.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:58 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Incidentally, was there ever any fallout from the reffing of our game against CSKA?

yes they backed him and said he was correct. They even went as fas as to say he booked the right man as the initial foul was not a card offence but the complaint after was dissent!!

He was not selected to referee i the last round of UCL games

http://worldreferee.com/site/copy.php?l ... Type=stats
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:06 pm

10 stone wall penalties and counting.

I think this could out do our first title-winning season. The only difference is, our players have gotten used to winning in the face of crookedness and will be much better equipped this time.

In this particular case, the ref should be under investigation, because he was 5 yards away with an unobstructed view. So he absolutely knew it was a stone wall penalty and chose not to give it... for some other reason.

It's that simple.
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:10 stone wall penalties and counting.

I think this could out do our first title-winning season. The only difference is, our players have gotten used to winning in the face of crookedness and will be much better equipped this time.

In this particular case, the ref should be under investigation, because he was 5 yards away with an unobstructed view. So he absolutely knew it was a stone wall penalty and chose not to give it... for some other reason.

It's that simple.

Referee's (poll, Halsey, Winter) all say you assess the whole situation and take into account player reactions as part of the decision making process. The fact that the lumberjack who chopped down Aguero then tried to sway the ref by saying the foul was outside the box was justification enough to give him 100% proof there was no dive! I agree that this fella should be looked into and at least not allowed to ref again in the prem this season.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:10 pm

It's that simple.

At least this time he had the decency to book Aguero, as it had to be that or the penalty. Yet in the derby , it was either two pens or two dives and the ref chose to chicken out of doing anything. And that's before the Yard one
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

It's that simple.

Referee's (poll, Halsey, Winter) all say you assess the whole situation and take into account player reactions as part of the decision making process. The fact that the lumberjack who chopped down Aguero then tried to sway the ref by saying the foul was outside the box was justification enough to give him 100% proof there was no dive! I agree that this fella should be looked into and at least not allowed to ref again in the prem this season.

Of course, there is no debate as to whether he thought it was a dive. He KNEW it wasn't a dive. Of course he did. He was standing there, looking at it. I suppose we'll never know why the ref cheated and I don't care, because the result is the same. He cheated.

He just shouldn't be allowed ref again in the premier league again, as you said.
Original Dub

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Forgive my cynicism....but...
....should we fans remove our football tinted specs and see the game truly for what it is...a massive scam to maximise profit and make money for all and sundry, maybe we would understand the antics of refereeing decisions and their implications in a different light.

Last season, Maureen was accused of being sarcastic when he praised the referee of doing his job well. He wasn't being sarcastic, he was merely telling the truth. Our view of a referee ensuring that the game is played within the laws of football are long gone. Their role is to ensure that the owners, managers, gambling industries, agents and related parties all get their pockets filled.

Here's how it works and it is all linked together. we fans are just the mugs that foot the bill.....Clubs and managers link to groups of players signed by a particular agent or agency. The players are reliant on the agent for increasing their income. The multinational gambling industries link to agents, who control players and there you have the base scenario for manipulation of games and results. Managers and clubs get their kickbacks and everybody is on an earner.

If you want to have corruption, who better than the onfield controller? POGMOL is an independent limited company, solely contracted to supply referees to the Prem. It is a closed shop that is protected by the rule of secrecy. Referees cannot be questioned nor held to account for their actions and cannot be criticised from within the game without sanction.

Just summat for you to think about.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby kinkylola » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 pm

the guy has only been relegated because we managed to win that game down to 10, and eventually 9.

John is spot on.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:34 pm

This shithead's performance, like that of the ref against the scum, and like much of the refereeing performances this season, was not a question of incompetence but was rather ethically questionable.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Return to The Maine Football forum