the title race

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the title race

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:We are still in it until we mathematically cant catch the champions. If we get to 30 games with a six point disadvantage we are still right back in it and depending on fixture congestion and who is left to play, possibly even favourites.

Just make sure we are there or thereabouts at the end of March. We'll then see who has the balls to win it. I know we have

I have learnt my lesson from the last few years and will not be getting excited or depressed until at least April. As far as Paddy Power goes, I presume they were advised by Fred Done.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:51 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We have to remember , we have played tougher teams so far compared to last season and we are better off points wise.
I panicked a few weeks ago and thought we had fucked it up and Chelsea would walk it but the reality is far far different.

You? Panic? Knee jerk reaction? Never.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:37 am

Spurge wrote:
Socrates wrote:Remember them paying out on Stoke to be relegated after the first game of the 2008/09 season which I actually thought was rather rude. Given that Stoke have now survived six campaigns at the top level they have made PP look more than a little stupid...

Its a great piece of marketing in reality - they dont care if they look stupid or not as they will be seen as the punters friend, which may well attract new customers from their competitors.

Whilst it is bold of Paddy Power to pay out now. I think it sets a very dangerous precident.

We all know that there are gambling scams in sport. Now i am not implying that anything might happen like this . However i do wonder if others betting on, say Everton might feel like the good will that they used when taking up their bets is somehow prematurely lost and their bets have therefore been invalidated. Since PP are basically saying a decision has been made to pay up on Chelski even though it is at this time impossible to determine the outcome of the title race. For example could other punters ask for their money back since PP have effectively changed the conditions of their bets for the title ?

I mean , would you take a chance on City with PP knowing they were going to payout on Chelski in December ? No, you would put your money on Chelski.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:01 am

I was looking at the next 6 fixtures for Chelski, the scum and others - we have by far the most comfortable set.

I think that BM result really helped - there was a level of effort made by the players on Sunday that I have not seen all season, including seeing Ya Ya put in a real shift - and Dinho was simply all over the place. It is that type of pressing attitude and workrate that will determine if we win the title - if that effort is carried on into the next 6 games I will not be surprised to see us level coming into the new year - we looked like what we are - champions and the best team.

We will know if the attitude was a one-off or part of sustained team spirit over the next week or so. I am hoping that PP regret their payout - I have a large stake on CITY and increased that further this week.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum