Lampard

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lampard

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:33 pm

Almost the definition of a shrewd signing. Class player and probably the best out there at the late run and drive home from the edge of the area.
Thought he gave us a lot more control and more of a direct threat when he came on. Let's hope he stays for the rest of the season.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Re: Lampard

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:36 pm

On all honesty, it must be very horrible for chelsea fans, seeing him play a major part in our team and help us close the gap on them.

Ha ha cunts
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Also, how did Stevie boy get chosen ahead of him for the World Cup!? Well we know how, but still, ridiculous decision.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:15 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Also, how did Stevie boy get chosen ahead of him for the World Cup!? Well we know how, but still, ridiculous decision.

Neither should even have been in the squad imo. Lampard is doing a great job for City due to being shrewdly used by the Count imo amongst a set of class players. It wouldn't surprise me if he could do the same with Gerrard. Ferguson did it with Scholes ; using the things he can do, rather than the things he can't

Non of the 3 should be anywhere near England by that stage in their careers. England are not City, or even Utd.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Another excellent performance from Lampard today. He continues to prove he can still play at the very top level.

Agree with the comments above that we're using Lampard in the right way.

I really hope we can keep him until at least February/March (ideally for the season though!).
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john68 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Also, how did Stevie boy get chosen ahead of him for the World Cup!? Well we know how, but still, ridiculous decision.

Some might not know how...please explain...Ta
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:38 pm

I always feel a lot more confident when he comes on the pitch for us. Says a lot about him.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:39 pm

john68 wrote:

Some might not know how...please explain...Ta

He deserved it for leading his team to the title in April.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:43 pm

His awareness on the pitch is second to none.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Hated him at Chelski , but what a player.

Such as waste at international level.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:16 pm

I have to say I'm really enjoying watching him playing with City.Such an intelligent player and still performing at the top level.Great to have him about the club.Lampards attitude and professionalism is an example to all and hopefully it rubs off on a few of our lads while he's here.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:17 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Neither should even have been in the squad imo. Lampard is doing a great job for City due to being shrewdly used by the Count imo amongst a set of class players. It wouldn't surprise me if he could do the same with Gerrard. Ferguson did it with Scholes ; using the things he can do, rather than the things he can't

Non of the 3 should be anywhere near England by that stage in their careers. England are not City, or even Utd.

England don't have quality players like City or even like the Rags had in the past though. We have to make use with what we have.
Gerrard offered nothing going forward and even less defensively. All he did was pick up the ball two-three times a game and play a nice looking curling diagonal to the fullback. That was pretty much him, oh and play in his best bud to put England out.
I'd have had Lampard in there, largely for the reason he ALWAYS has a goal in him. We do have a tendency to badly misuse players though as you say, especially playing Scholes - one of the best centre mids in the game- at left wing.Lampard could still do a job now if used shrewdly but I guess that ship has sailed.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Absolute legend this bloke. So good to have the two greatest goal scoring midfielders in PL history on our side.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

England don't have quality players like City or even like the Rags had in the past though. We have to make use with what we have.
Gerrard offered nothing going forward and even less defensively. All he did was pick up the ball two-three times a game and play a nice looking curling diagonal to the fullback. That was pretty much him, oh and play in his best bud to put England out.
I'd have had Lampard in there, largely for the reason he ALWAYS has a goal in him. We do have a tendency to badly misuse players though as you say, especially playing Scholes - one of the best centre mids in the game- at left wing.Lampard could still do a job now if used shrewdly but I guess that ship has sailed.

I don't think England are good enough as footballers to use Lampard & Gerrard. You need both to be 25 years old & legging it about running the midfield, which they can't. And neither were great for England in the past anyhow. Both are Prem greats but need to be wrapped in cotton wool to be assets these days.

Pellegrini has got it just right so far with Lampard, apart from starting him vs Arsenal.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:05 pm

It makes me laugh how much he seems to be enjoying his spell with city. Chelsea's fans are gutted watching it.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:19 pm

london blue 2 wrote:It makes me laugh how much he seems to be enjoying his spell with city. Chelsea's fans are gutted watching it.

I like how he refers to us as 'we'.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:21 pm

When he signed I thought he would be at city for the season. I still think that will be the case.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Top pro, just say Paddy left and joined Arsenal, I would love to see Frank given a coaching role, he will make a top coach/ manager in the future, for now class above most midfielders he plays against, also was fantastic against the Munchies.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:34 pm

2nd favourite fat person in the world

after the wife*

*she is getting back in shape after dropping baby no3
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Jon London » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:40 pm

If we can go far in the Champions League I think it's a win win for us and him if he stays.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum