Lampard

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Lampard

Postby charvet_wonderland » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I always feel a lot more confident when he comes on the pitch for us. Says a lot about him.

Same here. Feels like we always get a goal wen he comes on. Still think he was a bit overrated but we're using him so well. Him, demichelis and vieira (and to a lesser extent hamann) are model pros who just exude authority on the pitch.

My best Lampard memory is still that David James save though.
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:36 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:It makes me laugh how much he seems to be enjoying his spell with city. Chelsea's fans are gutted watching it.

I like how he refers to us as 'we'.

It's so weird. I won't take to him but he sure is playing with freedom and a smile.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:50 am

If over the last ten years you had been able to take a player from each other Premier League club, Lampard would have been the player you would have taken from Chelsea. Always professional, never disrespectful of other players or clubs and a fine, intelligent footballer. Always has been and still is.

I really enjoyed Shay Given saving his penalty though.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:47 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
I really enjoyed Shay Given saving his penalty though.

One of my favourite games of recent times that. Amazing atmosphere and ended a long winless run too.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Mike J » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:58 am

Superb player. Looks to be enjoying his time here as well.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:43 am

Considering his transfer fee - zilch - his value to us, both on the pitch and in the dressing room, has been very useful.

A top pro who gets the most out of what he has; has been there, seen it and done it and has the medals to show for it. Being in his company can only aid the rest of our squad.

Having been sceptical when he arrived I am now wishing he can stay with us for the season - that tells you the sort of impact he has had.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby aaron bond » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:54 am

dazby wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:It makes me laugh how much he seems to be enjoying his spell with city. Chelsea's fans are gutted watching it.

It's so weird. I won't take to him but he sure is playing with freedom and a smile.

Why won't you take to him?

He's been a top pro throughout his career, won every medal there is to win, and is wildly respected amongst players and fans alike. Furthermore, he's been excellent since he joined us.

I imagine the club will be doing all they can behind the scenes to find a way for him to remain with us until the end of the season.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:13 am

aaron bond wrote:
dazby wrote:

He's been a top pro throughout his career, won every medal there is to win, and is wildly respected amongst players and fans alike. Furthermore, he's been excellent since he joined us.

I imagine the club will be doing all they can behind the scenes to find a way for him to remain with us until the end of the season.

Didn't understand that on either.

I've always thought he was a real pro and never really believed stories of him "running the dressing room" at Chelsea.

Excellent signing and on the path to writing his way into City folklore if we can keep him for the season.
Original Dub

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:40 pm

http://s7.postimg.org/x3akw484b/SUPERFRANK.jpg

For all the Frankie lovers out there.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:55 pm

aaron bond wrote:
dazby wrote:

Meh, I'm sure Frank will get by without my love. It was the same with Tevez. He did ok though.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:16 am

dazby wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
dazby wrote:

Meh, I'm sure Frank will get by without my love. It was the same with Tevez. He did ok though.

Why are you in dick mode?

Tevez was brilliant. Frank is amazing.

Blues.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:16 am

They were, and are.

Doesn't mean I have to love them though. I'm sure Frank will win me over in time.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby kinkylola » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:36 am

fat frank is a 100% successful version of what we did with Paddy and Pizza previously, not that they weren't also successes ... but Frank has been absolutely phenomenal. I hope that he becomes a part of our organization after his playing days and I hope it also helps the people who target new players to see what we should be looking for in a midfielder AND give our youngsters something to aspire to and emulate.

nothing but impressed with him.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:02 am

kinkylola wrote:fat frank is a 100% successful version of what we did with Paddy and Pizza previously, not that they weren't also successes ... but Frank has been absolutely phenomenal. I hope that he becomes a part of our organization after his playing days and I hope it also helps the people who target new players to see what we should be looking for in a midfielder AND give our youngsters something to aspire to and emulate.

nothing but impressed with him.

would make sense with his missus working out of Media City :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bluedj » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:34 am

Frank has been a real attribute to the club. IMO he really excels when playing alongside Jame Milner, they just seem to be on the same wave length and fabulous to watch. A great pairing

On another note, I just wanted to say well done Pellers, great tactics and team selection against Southampton. He defo got this one right!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby PeterParker » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Really, what did you lot expect? He was discovered by 'Arry.

How would Bobby have said: Is normal.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum