*** Saints v City - Official Match Thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Saints v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:29 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
sheblue wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:Sagna and MDM will be a good CB pairing. Certainly enough for the likes of Sunderland.

I don't think 'good' would how I would describe that. Makeshift yes but good no.

Terrifying but probably better than the other options is how I would describe it.

I wonder if Carl can think of a player we could have kept at the club for this kind of situation. It's on the tip of my tongue..

Danny Mills? Petrov? Elano?

cheers

Jerome Boateng perhaps

Just imagine if Jerome Boateng was coming into the team v Sunnerlnd. He would drop bollocks all over the place, we would lose & he would be at the heart of it, yet he plays for Bayern Munich, & Germany.

Funny old game.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:32 pm

full marks to the team, and the count eventually got it right. I cant see what Nasri and Navas contribute at the moment going forwards though the latter did a lot of defensive work. Keeps missing sitters though. Thin Frank looks in a different class, check how he held back on his run for his goal, but probably correct he wouldn't have had enough for 90 mins. And surely Milner's power is central to this team.They have got ten days to work on a CB partnership which should be enough. and there's an agenda against me. Wife again put too much milk in my cereals. Its not the first time either.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:34 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:full marks to the team, and the count eventually got it right. I cant see what Nasri and Navas contribute at the moment going forwards though the latter did a lot of defensive work. Keeps missing sitters though. Thin Frank looks in a different class, check how he held back on his run for his goal, but probably correct he wouldn't have had enough for 90 mins. And surely Milner's power is central to this team.They have got ten days to work on a CB partnership which should be enough. and there's an agenda against me. Wife again put too much milk in my cereals. Its not the first time either.

Ten days???
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:34 pm

I'm lactose intolerant and yet I'm a breast man - life can be cruel.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Superb from the team today. Completely outplayed Southampton and bossed the game. And that in the face of yet another shameful refereeing performance. Onwards and upwards now as we're looking more like ourselves.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby freshie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:35 pm

blues2win wrote:Neil Ashton gives Mangala 1/10. Bollocks.

That just proves how little he knows about football. Or that he hates us
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:44 pm

freshie wrote:

I thought Mangala had a very good game today. He won plenty of challenges, was not afraid to get stuck in, and did his best to pass and carry the ball out of defence when possible. Furthermore, he was keen to get involved in as much of the play as possible.

For the sending off, he was put into an awkward situation by Yaya, did his best to get back, and ultimately took one for the team. I don't blame him for that.

He occasionally looked a little rusty, but considering we were playing away to one of the most in-form teams in the league, his performance today was solid.

It will take time for him to regularly produce his best football, but based on what we've seen so far, I think he has the attributes to form a strong partnership with Kompany.
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby phips » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:45 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:They have got ten days to work on a CB partnership which should be enough

Try 3 days.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:47 pm

I don't see why Toure can't play centre half on Wednesday. I know we will miss his influence in midfield but this may sort that out:
Joe
Zaba Toure MDM Clichy
Fern 1 Fern 2
Milner Frank Nasri
Aguero

Job done?
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby freshie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:48 pm

aaron bond wrote:
freshie wrote:

I thought Mangala had a very good game today. He won plenty of challenges, was not afraid to get stuck in, and did his best to pass and carry the ball out of defence when possible. Furthermore, he was keen to get involved in as much of the play as possible.

For the sending off, he was put into an awkward situation by Yaya, did his best to get back, and ultimately took one for the team. I don't blame him for that.

He occasionally looked a little rusty, but considering we were playing away to one of the most in-form teams in the league, his performance today was solid.

It will take time for him to regularly produce his best football, but based on what we've seen so far, I think he has the attributes to form a strong partnership with Kompany.

I agree with you and think that he's improving with every game. I really think he'll become an excellent player for us
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:50 pm

Giving one of the centre backs a 1/10 when the team keeps a clean sheet is beyond stupid.

Didhe give Vinnie a 10/10 for cleaning up after the supposed mess Mangala left? No, didn't think so.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:23 pm

mr_nool wrote:Giving one of the centre backs a 1/10 when the team keeps a clean sheet is beyond stupid.

Didhe give Vinnie a 10/10 for cleaning up after the supposed mess Mangala left? No, didn't think so.

It's not a considered opinion, it's pure nastiness on his part.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:30 pm

mr_nool wrote:Giving one of the centre backs a 1/10 when the team keeps a clean sheet is beyond stupid.

He is going to be one of the best Centre Backs in the world , easy target for the scum loving media.

Imagine if we had to look forward to Jones and Smalling PMSL!!
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:32 pm

failsworthblue wrote:

He is going to be one of the best Centre Backs in the world , easy target for the scum loving media.

Agreed. The media are trying to turn him into some kind of hate figure. But in time he'll be fucking superb, I reckon, and the rags will still be fucking shit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:

Agreed. The media are trying to turn him into some kind of hate figure. But in time he'll be fucking superb, I reckon, and the rags will still be fucking shit.

If you look at how Demichelis was diving into challenges this time last year, or failing to pick up players, passing to the opposition in his own half; he is a multi title winning, hugely experienced defender. Kompany played midfield & had time to get used to the pace, then got disembowled by Peter Crouch as soon as he played at cb. Lescott struggled like fuck.

What they all have in common, is that they have showed they can defend, & do the hard stuff. Mangala is not some flakey fucker like Nastasic or Savic, he's a rock hard fucker, like VK, JL, & Demichelis. He just needs to calm down a bit & get used to the pace.

Even the most experienced can get caugt out or make bad decisions, as Yaya & Gareth Barry both showed today.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Anyone know how long Mangala will be suspended for? Obviously 1 game for the red but his second yellow today was his fifth of the season, does this mean he'll get another game ban for that?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:32 pm

The media puppets trying to put man gala down all the time is boring wish they woul piss off and talk about someone else for a while, parrots all repeating the same old shit all the time.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:48 pm

city are back
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Herb » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:06 pm

IMO a great all-round display from the lads today except for shakey Hart parrying when catching would be better (think up Joe) and generally distributing badly, as is his way. I admit that I had fears about going to Southampton but we were working well as a unit today - we played like the champions that we are and it looks like we're on the rise again!
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby freshie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Anyone know how long Mangala will be suspended for? Obviously 1 game for the red but his second yellow today was his fifth of the season, does this mean he'll get another game ban for that?

Good question. I think (hope) it will still be a 1 match ban but knowing our luck he'll end up with a 2 match ban. Is this an unprecedented case?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum