This Weeks Other Games | 29 Nov-3 Dec 14

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weeks Other Games | 29 Nov-3 Dec 14

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Well done to the Mackems! We now need to take advantage of this and start putting on the pressure. He doesn't like it up him, the Poisonous One....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:31 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Well done to the Mackems! We now need to take advantage of this and start putting on the pressure. He doesn't like it up him, the Poisonous One....

Indeed a big game for us today. We could close to six points, They meet Spurs at home on weds as we take on the mackems . Followed by the Everton game ( Chelsea the early game against an in-form Newcastle ) and it is quite possible that we make significant strides within one week to close in on them.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby IanWright » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:23 am

It was a good result for the title race. Imperative you guys win today and midweek and I think you will.

As someone said already, Mourinho doesn't like a chase for the title, he prefers a procession. Something his darling British media haven't cottoned on to is that if another team is breathing down his neck, he crumbles, as proven last season and in 2007 by the unmentionables. If Man City can get through the festive period being only approximately 4 points behind Chelsea, it favours the chasing pack, in my opinion.

In fact, the Worst thing that could happen is qualifying for the Europa League. Pushing all your domestic League games to a Sunday means the pressure is on you while Chelsea (who play an incredibly suspicious number of games on a Saturday at 3pm) have potentially opened up a gap. Maybe going out of Europe altogether is better than finishing 3rd in the group? (Don't shoot me! Just a thought)
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:26 am

IanWright wrote:It was a good result for the title race. Imperative you guys win today and midweek and I think you will.

As someone said already, Mourinho doesn't like a chase for the title, he prefers a procession. Something his darling British media haven't cottoned on to is that if another team is breathing down his neck, he crumbles, as proven last season and in 2007 by the unmentionables. If Man City can get through the festive period being only approximately 4 points behind Chelsea, it favours the chasing pack, in my opinion.

In fact, the Worst thing that could happen is qualifying for the Europa League. Pushing all your domestic League games to a Sunday means the pressure is on you while Chelsea (who play an incredibly suspicious number of games on a Saturday at 3pm) have potentially opened up a gap. Maybe going out of Europe altogether is better than finishing 3rd in the group? (Don't shoot me! Just a thought)

Good points,but don't worry , we should beat Roma.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:28 am

I'm assuming Chelsea's fixture list will me similar to ours and we're just entering a period of 5 games in 14 days - let's see how they handle it because I'm pretty sure we can - and have done in previous seasons. The next couple of weeks could prove to be very interesting indeed.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:46 am

Dameerto wrote:I'm assuming Chelsea's fixture list will me similar to ours and we're just entering a period of 5 games in 14 days - let's see how they handle it because I'm pretty sure we can - and have done in previous seasons. The next couple of weeks could prove to be very interesting indeed.

The Chav's have got 1 more game to play than us as they're still in the League Cup. They also hit a run of games against established PL sides, with Spurs, Newcastle, the Hammers & Saints on the horizon whereas we get a chance against the newly promoted ones.

After today, we have a couple of bogey sides in the BlackCats and Toffees but then hit a run against Leicester, Palace, Brom & Burnley, which we should be winning if we're looking to challenge.

January's a different matter though, that'll be a challenge, for both of us.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:48 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I'm assuming Chelsea's fixture list will me similar to ours and we're just entering a period of 5 games in 14 days - let's see how they handle it because I'm pretty sure we can - and have done in previous seasons. The next couple of weeks could prove to be very interesting indeed.

The Chav's have got 1 more game to play than us as they're still in the League Cup. They also hit a run of games against established PL sides, with Spurs, Newcastle, the Hammers & Saints on the horizon whereas we get a chance against the newly promoted ones.

After today, we have a couple of bogey sides in the BlackCats and Toffees but then hit a run against Leicester, Palace, Brom & Burnley, which we should be winning if we're looking to challenge.

January's a different matter though, that'll be a challenge.

Yes but all depends on the cup draws.

3rd round against the Rags at home would ease us into the new year.....
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:55 am

IanWright wrote:It was a good result for the title race. Imperative you guys win today and midweek and I think you will.

I agree completely about Mourinho. He is absolutely one of the worst when it comes to handling pressure but has conned people into believing he's one of the best. But if nobody gets close enough to apply any pressure, he proves how 'great' he is at 'closing out' a season (which basically means not losing too many games when you're 12 points clear).

Chelsea are a ticking timebomb (as Costa showed yesterday) but if nobody makes them sweat, they can afford several fuck ups & still get the title. In several of the rags' title winning seasons, games like yesterday have been quickly forgotton because all of their rivals get worse results during the same week.

It's upto us to stand up & fight, & if we can't then we don't really deserve to be talked about as title challengers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:02 am

I really hope there will be some further investigation after this: https://vine.co/v/OnHTgPT71Jb/embed
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:40 am

PeterParker wrote:I really hope there will be some further investigation after this: https://vine.co/v/OnHTgPT71Jb/embed

Crikey. Imagine the outcry from the fucking slugs if a City player, especially one of the key men, had done that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:48 am

3 pts today is pivotal for our season . Win today and the momentum is firmly with us , we have a stronger squad than Chelski , they rely on 3 or 4 players , don't expect the media to take that positive view about City if we win today though !
Last edited by City64 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:48 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I really hope there will be some further investigation after this: https://vine.co/v/OnHTgPT71Jb/embed

Crikey. Imagine the outcry from the fucking slugs if a City player, especially one of the key men, had done that.

How the fucker gets away with it I'll never know. What gets me is that a player only this week was sent off for near the exact same thing but a little less aggressive.

Chelsea are 'Blessed' this season and I see them getting even more 'Blessed' if things start to go wrong
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:52 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

How the fucker gets away with it I'll never know. What gets me is that a player only this week was sent off for near the exact same thing but a little less aggressive.

Chelsea are 'Blessed' this season and I see them getting even more 'Blessed' if things start to go wrong

If we do our job, & put the pressure on, we will see a lot more of that & sooner or later it will catch up with him. I also recon his hot streak will get a lot colder if pressure is applied .

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

If we do our job, & put the pressure on, we will see a lot more of that & sooner or later it will catch up with him. I also recon his hot streak will get a lot colder if pressure is applied .

I agree. But he should be out for three matches after that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:07 pm

A rare sighting for me, of the lesser spotted Lennon, in its natural habitat.

Does he usually play for Spurs these days ? Never even noticed him til today.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Pellegrini says about Centre Back situation : We have De Michelis and Boyata who is working very well and we have Sagna.

No mention of Nastasic. Wouldn't want him injured before the transfer window I suppose!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:A rare sighting for me, of the lesser spotted Lennon, in its natural habitat.

Ted, what type of bird is " the lesser spotted Lennon" ??

Does he belong to the species named after a colloquial expression for a lady's breast ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:21 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:A rare sighting for me, of the lesser spotted Lennon, in its natural habitat.

Ted, what type of bird is " the lesser spotted Lennon" ??

Does he belong to the species named after a colloquial expression for a lady's breast ??

Possibly related but a species of a headless chicken.

Seems to be back in the coop already.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Must say on todays showing: - £50m for Ross Barkley? Pull the other one
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:Must say on todays showing: - £50m for Ross Barkley? Pull the other one

He's coming back from injury.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum