Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hart

Postby phips » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:49 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sheblue wrote:Stop giving out about the kick out king...lol great save though, top class save, it gained us two points even if his kick outs nearly cost us two.

How did kickouts nearly cost us two? His kicking his shit but I don't recall him kicking it to them in a dangerous area that could've led to us conceding.

he kicked one straight to Mirallas on the right corner of the box (about where Yaya banged in all those free kicks last season).
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:52 pm

sheblue wrote:Stop giving out about the kick out king...lol great save though, top class save, it gained us two points even if his kick outs nearly cost us two.

How did kickouts nearly cost us two? His kicking his shit but I don't recall him kicking it to them in a dangerous area that could've led to us conceding.

I swear you don't watch the fuckign matches at all ,and if by chance you actually do, then you must be bouncing up and down on a fuckign bouncy castle.

Hart passed straight to a fuckign Everton player with a shite kick a few yards away from the edge of our pen area, luckily fuckall came of it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby charvet_wonderland » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:57 pm

I don't really give too much of a shit about his kicking. He's there to keep a clean sheet & that was a ridiculously good save. When we're in form we don't need route one anyway; a couple of throw ins conceded on the halfway line doesn't bother me too much.

He does occasionally let in goals he should save in his sleep, but that was 2 points rescued last night with perfect positioning, reactions and technique. That's what he's paid for and he's done it quite a few times over the years.
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I swear you don't watch the fuckign matches at all ,and if by chance you actually do, then you must be bouncing up and down on a fuckign bouncy castle.

Hart passed straight to a fuckign Everton player with a shite kick a few yards away from the edge of our pen area, luckily fuckall came of it.

I find it's better fun that way, you should try it, might help you with your anger issues.

Hart's kicking is shit, I've said as much numerous times and it was brutal against Everton too but I don't recall this incident.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:54 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:His distribution is embarrassing. He can't catch a ball. His saves-to-shot ratio is abysmal. However, he's English, let's give him 7 million a year. An absolute fucking disgrace.

To be fair, that was a blinding Save last night, although the ratio which one might look at is 'saves / kicks straight into touch' which I think was at least only 50% last night

Just absolutely piss poor distribution again from Joe, and it makes you wonder what the other players think......they bust their balls running round for 90 minutes trying to win and keep posession, and this clown keeps just losing us posession nearly every time he gets the ball and chooses to kick. It would fuck me right off as a player

He saved us two points yesterday, no doubt about it. But he's a goalkeeper so I think it's fair to say that's part of his job. What I find shocking is what I regard as the Wayne Rooney phenomenon, whereby an English player (simply because he is English) is paid more money than his foreign counterparts when he isn't in the same league as them on the pitch. For example, Hart is about to be paid more than Manuel Neuer, a 'keeper who would completely transform us as a team, taking us up a level. As Neuer is pretty much a sweeper as well as brilliant in almost every department a quality 'keeper should be, he'd tighten up our defence and give us a genuine chance of winning the Champions League. However, Hart, who is deficient in almost every department a quality 'keeper should be is about to become an immovable object in our team.

To the poster who asked about the stats, I click on links that other people post so I don't know exactly where to find them. However, last season Hart's saves-to-shot-ratio was officially in the bottom half of all PL 'keepers every time I looked. It seems to me that he's a 'keeper that excels when he has a lot of shots at him in a game and suffers when he only has one or two to save in a game. Unfortunately for him, he plays for a team that allows very few shots on target in most games.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:01 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:His distribution is embarrassing. He can't catch a ball. His saves-to-shot ratio is abysmal. However, he's English, let's give him 7 million a year. An absolute fucking disgrace.

Have you got stats to back this up? Find it very difficult to find keeper stats.

There was a stat I recall last year where Hart, using the shots/goal ratios, was 10th, hardly world class! Not sure how that stands this year.

http://backpagefootball.com/the-premier ... -14/75060/

Additionally there are stats on distribution success, with hart again way down the pecking order in the premier league, with 57%, wheras the other keepers in the top 4 were all a good 10-12% better......a massive difference when you consider the number of times posession turns over in a game, AND particularly the fact that we, more than most, play posession centric tactics.

Given the large number of times he rolls it short accurately, this kinda suggests almost every time he kicks it we give away possession.

An additional set of stats, from the 2012/13 season shows Hart to be just distinctly average in almost every measure of shot stopping.

http://statsbettor.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... er-league/

So if he isn't one of the best shot stoppers, and he is one of the poorer keepers for distribution, what exactly does Joe Hart do to warrant his inclusion in the side, or for that matter the squad?

Certainly don't want a witch hunt here, as I like the guy, and he has put in some good performances this year and using the last 2 seasons stats may be misleading, but certainly worth a discussion I would have thought?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:07 am

I'd like to see the stats from our first title winning season. Where else are we going to find a keeper that can twiddle his thumbs for 81 minutes of the game before pulling off a match winning reaction save like we just saw? Ask Sister of Fu how hard it is to maintain your focus when you're doing almost nothing for getting on for an hour and a half. I think he deserves just as much credit for the context of that save as he does for the save itself.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:35 pm

Looking at Forster he has nothing to worry about, he is shite 2 things to do in as bad as a game I have seen for a long time and confirmed he is average.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:24 am

Dazby's comment on Yaya's replacement made me realize that if an outfield player will be able to play until fourty, our new technology jada jada will let Hart play until he's fifty. His career with City will outlive us all. This thread will probably be the longest in mancityfans.net history!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:10 am

Another great point saving display.

Sorry Hart haters!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:14 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Another great point saving display.

Sorry Hart haters!

Do not be sorry he has won us two games on the bounce for me, Everton, Lukaku save and last night Fantastic.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:22 am

Sorry Hart haters!

Now you're just provoking Herb out of spite. He loves the guy don't you know.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:27 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Sorry Hart haters!

Me? Spite? Never! ;)

Not just for Herbie either but the rest of the Hart fan club on here too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 am

Loved the comment from Joe last night

“We’re a strong unit,” he said. “You don’t win the Premier League easily and we’ve done it twice in three years.
We’ve got resolve, we’ve got character and we’ve got fantastic players. Add that all together and we’ve got a chance.”
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:36 am

Sorry Hart haters!

I don't rate Hart highly. He's had two good games and was man-of-the-match for me last night. But if you think people who don't rate Hart actually want him to have a bad game, perhaps costing the team as a result, or are disappointed when he doesn't play badly, then there's something wrong going on in your head. It's what's best for City first and last for any fan, otherwise you're not really a fan.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Herb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:39 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Sorry Hart haters!

In all truth I thought Joe had a good game last night. He's a very good keeper, perhaps 3rd or 4th best in the Pl, and he can certainly play a great game - my issue with Joe is that his distribution is often abysmal and he doesn't have the general consistency that one of Europe's very best teams (which is our aim) demands of their keeper.
In short; he's great, I love him but I and many any regular match attending City fans feel that we need better to progress.
That's no disrespect to Joe - he's good enough for a top4 side and could stick with a team of also rans like the Arse forever, just not world class is all and there's no shame in that. . . But we need world class = fact !
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Herb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:42 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Sorry Hart haters!

I don't rate Hart highly. He's had two good games and was man-of-the-match for me last night. But if you think people who don't rate Hart actually want him to have a bad game, perhaps costing the team as a result, or are disappointed when he doesn't play badly, then there's something wrong going on in your head. It's what's best for City first and last for any fan, otherwise you're not really a fan.

Summed up beautifully Pete. Some fans are simply obsessed with certain players and can't see beyond their lust so can't see what's actually best for the team and the club and all of us.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:43 am

Herb wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Sorry Hart haters!

In all truth I thought Joe had a good game last night. He's a very good keeper, perhaps 3rd or 4th best in the Pl, and he can certainly play a great game - my issue with Joe is that his distribution is often abysmal and he doesn't have the general consistency that one of Europe's very best teams (which is our aim) demands of their keeper.
In short; he's great, I love him but I and many any regular match attending City fans feel that we need better to progress.
That's no disrespect to Joe - he's good enough for a top4 side and could stick with a team of also rans like the Arse forever, just not world class is all and there's no shame in that. . . But we need world class = fact !

Hart is good, very good and Courtois is the only keeper in the prem who I would replace him with. Many say De Gea, he has been dogshite up to the last 12 months, who says he is going to go on and be a top class keeper, he is having a good time at the moment but lets check on him in 12 months!

Which TOP keeper is available? The only one I would want from Europe is Neuer, but thats never going to happen unless we bid around £50m for a keeper
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:44 am

Sorry Hart haters!

Where did I suggest people want him to have a bad game?

My issue with those who give Hart shit constantly is that they very rarely give him credit when it is due and a lot of their criticism is way ott.

He has had more than just two good games this season, bar one or two mistakes he's arguably been one of our most consistent performers this season.

He showed great character last season to bounce back following a very poor start to the season and played a big part in helping us win the title.

There is of course an issue with his kicking and other areas of his game need improvement too but he's a very good keeper ( granted not top drawer ).

Am I a real fan? please tell me I'm a real fan. FFS!!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:48 am

Herb wrote:

Sorry Hart haters!

Summed up beautifully Pete. Some fans are simply obsessed with certain players and can't see beyond their lust so can't see what's actually best for the team and the club and all of us.

There you go again with that bolloxology. There's no obsession on my part just a desire to not see our players unfairly slagged off, something I've reiterated time and again yet you can't seem to get that through your thick skull.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum