Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hart

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:28 am

I don't mind him punching as long as it doesn't land at the oppo's feet in our box every other time. Dismal.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:31 am

carl is bang on - the loyalist of hart lovers still won't admit it. How hard is it to practice kicking? It invites pressure on us every time. And when its a team like Bayern its just not acceptable
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:38 am

Nick wrote:carl is bang on - the loyalist of hart lovers still won't admit it. How hard is it to practice kicking? It invites pressure on us every time. And when its a team like Bayern its just not acceptable

up to the outfield players to give him options. all to often he's not given the option to play it short like neuer is for bayern
lazy movement applies to our throw ins as well...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:11 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I can hand on heart say that I can pass the ball better than Joe Hart. Was very poor yesterday. Also there were a couple of punches that he had time to catch. Another day we could have conceded.

What's your take on his general performance this season?

I think he has done ok. A lot better than at this stage last year. I just feel that there are clear flaws in his game and im not sure that can be coached out of him. If he cant distribute now at 27 what are the chances of him ever being able too? I think he needs to refrain from punching all the time as this is going to lead to a goal if it continues. There was one yesterday when he had all the time in the world to catch it and he punched it, not sure why. Saying all that that I believe he is a huge influence on the dressing room and it very well respected with his peers. Not sure about the tash mind......
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:25 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I can hand on heart say that I can pass the ball better than Joe Hart. Was very poor yesterday. Also there were a couple of punches that he had time to catch. Another day we could have conceded.

What's your take on his general performance this season?

I think he has done ok. A lot better than at this stage last year. I just feel that there are clear flaws in his game and im not sure that can be coached out of him. If he cant distribute now at 27 what are the chances of him ever being able too? I think he needs to refrain from punching all the time as this is going to lead to a goal if it continues. There was one yesterday when he had all the time in the world to catch it and he punched it, not sure why. Saying all that that I believe he is a huge influence on the dressing room and it very well respected with his peers. Not sure about the tash mind......

Cheers. Yeah the tash is woeful.

I noticed that one yesterday that he should've caught, no traffic around him and it was an easy catch. I do believe he's being coached to punch though.

It really is unbelievable how bad his kicking is but his options do seem somewhat limited too. The kick to Milner out wide seems to be a preplanned tactic so you'd have to assume that it's being practiced in training? How he manages to put so many into touch beggars belief.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:54 am

I remember looking at a stats site comparing Shay Given to Hart, & the difference was enormous when it came to distribution, not just the success rate but the actual purpose behind their kicking etc.

I thought at the time that perhaps that may have been one of the reasons he was loaned out; while we tried to change from a back 4 who lumped the ball under the slightest pressure to one who tried to keep possession. Having a keeper who launches everything to start with is unlikely to help that process.

I think Hart as a stopper has been pretty good on the whole this season, but still has a random lapse in him, at any given time. But he has a lot going for him on the plus side, as SOF has mentioned.

If you watch the way City play at pretty much every level below first team though, the keepers are passing the ball almost to the level of potential suicide at times; that's how much the club want to program the idea of passing from the back, into the game played by the kids. They do it in the face of imminant disaster & if they get it horribly wrong & the oppo score, nothing changes, they just do it again next time. That's how keen they are on it. Not that they never kick it, but they are always looking not to.

The team which is least successful in that area is the first team (and with pressing & several other things but that's another story).

For that reason, IF a keeper becomes available who is a top quality stopper, but is also brilliant on the ball, & it doesn't require a major squad balancing act to use him, I wonder for how long Hart will keep his job. At the moment, you can see he will try to pass out the ball when possible within his abilities, but as soon as it becomes difficult, the howitzer comes out & as Carl lovingly points out, the ball almost always ends up with the other team. The kids in the same situation are often playing one twos wit the keeper & passing their way up the pitch.

The first team can't learn to do that unless Hart improves about 50% in that area. So either he improves, or we don't try to play that way, or he gets replaced.

Be interesting to see which it is. What would Pep do if he took over tomorrow ? Accept it as it is, or tear it apart ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I remember looking at a stats site comparing Shay Given to Hart, & the difference was enormous when it came to distribution, not just the success rate but the actual purpose behind their kicking etc.

I thought at the time that perhaps that may have been one of the reasons he was loaned out; while we tried to change from a back 4 who lumped the ball under the slightest pressure to one who tried to keep possession. Having a keeper who launches everything to start with is unlikely to help that process.

I think Hart as a stopper has been pretty good on the whole this season, but still has a random lapse in him, at any given time. But he has a lot going for him on the plus side, as SOF has mentioned.

If you watch the way City play at pretty much every level below first team though, the keepers are passing the ball almost to the level of potential suicide at times; that's how much the club want to program the idea of passing from the back, into the game played by the kids. They do it in the face of imminant disaster & if they get it horribly wrong & the oppo score, nothing changes, they just do it again next time. That's how keen they are on it. Not that they never kick it, but they are always looking not to.

The team which is least successful in that area is the first team (and with pressing & several other things but that's another story).

For that reason, IF a keeper becomes available who is a top quality stopper, but is also brilliant on the ball, & it doesn't require a major squad balancing act to use him, I wonder for how long Hart will keep his job. At the moment, you can see he will try to pass out the ball when possible within his abilities, but as soon as it becomes difficult, the howitzer comes out & as Carl lovingly points out, the ball almost always ends up with the other team. The kids in the same situation are often playing one twos wit the keeper & passing their way up the pitch.

The first team can't learn to do that unless Hart improves about 50% in that area. So either he improves, or we don't try to play that way, or he gets replaced.

Be interesting to see which it is. What would Pep do if he took over tomorrow ? Accept it as it is, or tear it apart ?

The reality is , you more often than not have to come up with silly money to get a top keeper from another team, its probably the hardest position to replace as its too fucking rare that a top keeper goes from one top team to another , its always the number 2 who goes.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:22 pm

the fact that he's still here in spite of his abysmal play means we are probably stuck with him unless, as mentioned, a big name manager like pep takes charge and has the bollox to get rid. both the stats and my own eyes tell me joe is nowhere near the level required and never will be. personally, i would have replaced him at least 2 seasons ago with cesar or lloris or begovic or whoever. would still like to see cabelleros given a run in the team. maybe his shot stopping is not quite as good as joe's (debatable), but with the way we play, his other skills would more than make up for it imo.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:55 pm

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Hart has looked better this year. Not top notch but better. Definitely better than willy.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby kinkylola » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:53 pm

I'm ok with Hart punching more, if it means that he'll be less likely to come out with the intent to catch and end up just flapping at it and falling down. To me that is much more dangerous. If he gets better at punching, he should be able to get some decent distant and direction.

Another reason I prefer him to punch, is because it means he doesn't have to distribute afterwards, which he just cannot do effectively. Teams in europe especially punish our loss of possession in these circumstances.

Hart is a good shot stopper, he has to be, because half the saves he has to make had their roots in his distribution. A more complete keeper is what we should aim for in the future to replace Hart. Right now, I don't see a short term answer ... I dont think he'll learn distribution at this point and I don't think Willy is quite good enough, though he deserves another shot and I might be wrong.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:24 am

Sadly, or otherwise, I think we'll have to persevere with Hart for some time yet.

Given the other areas of the team which need to be strengthened, I don't think any FFP spending restraints would allow us to break the bank for a top keeper, in addition to the other players we require.

Paradoxically, I think Joe's distribution is a little better when he's playing for England, rather than for ourselves. On international duty he seems to throw it out more quickly and simply to the nearest unmarked defender and there is slightly less accent on just 'hoofing' it aimlessly upfield. Whether, or not, this is down to Hodgson's influence or instructions is debatable, but it can't be because players such as Cahill or Smalling are more comfortable on the ball than our own defenders.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:51 am

He rolled and threw heaps of times on the weekend.

I note that the other keepers in the league are just as shit with their kicking from the ball in hand. Carls boyfriend in the derby kicked the ball out of play twice to Joes one.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:06 pm

dazby wrote:He rolled and threw heaps of times on the weekend.

I note that the other keepers in the league are just as shit with their kicking from the ball in hand. Carls boyfriend in the derby kicked the ball out of play twice to Joes one.

No one is listening to you.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Carl has a fair point De gea has almost on his ow saved Vanknobhead from some whoopings, us and the arse could have done double figures but gor him, Hart is a fine keeper who if he sorted his dirty feet would be World class.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

i am
i heart hart
#teamdazby
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I know. That's because I'm writing you thickie thick mcthicket.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:27 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fuck me , you are and always have been, the Sites Bore.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The Daily Fail? I rest my case, your honour.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:55 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The Daily Fail? I rest my case, your honour.

You bring "thick" to a whole new level...you boring cunt.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum