Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hart

Postby Herb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Herb wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Another great point saving display.

Sorry Hart haters!

I don't rate Hart highly. He's had two good games and was man-of-the-match for me last night. But if you think people who don't rate Hart actually want him to have a bad game, perhaps costing the team as a result, or are disappointed when he doesn't play badly, then there's something wrong going on in your head. It's what's best for City first and last for any fan, otherwise you're not really a fan.

Summed up beautifully Pete. Some fans are simply obsessed with certain players and can't see beyond their lust so can't see what's actually best for the team and the club and all of us.

There you go again with that bolloxology. There's no obsession on my part just a desire to not see our players unfairly slagged off, something I've reiterated time and again yet you can't seem to get that through your thick skull.

Awe leave it out will ya? FFS you are seriously obsessed with Joe Hart and the fact that you don't recognise what everyone else can see as plain as day is a symptom of your obsession. You're just cock struck and there's no shame in that but don't let it mess with your judgement.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Herb wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Herb wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Another great point saving display.

Sorry Hart haters!

I don't rate Hart highly. He's had two good games and was man-of-the-match for me last night. But if you think people who don't rate Hart actually want him to have a bad game, perhaps costing the team as a result, or are disappointed when he doesn't play badly, then there's something wrong going on in your head. It's what's best for City first and last for any fan, otherwise you're not really a fan.

Summed up beautifully Pete. Some fans are simply obsessed with certain players and can't see beyond their lust so can't see what's actually best for the team and the club and all of us.

There you go again with that bolloxology. There's no obsession on my part just a desire to not see our players unfairly slagged off, something I've reiterated time and again yet you can't seem to get that through your thick skull.

Awe leave it out will ya? FFS you are seriously obsessed with Joe Hart and the fact that you don't recognise what everyone else can see as plain as day is a symptom of your obsession. You're just cock struck and there's no shame in that but don't let it mess with your judgement.

I have to confess, I'm fanatical about every top player we have.
Original Dub

Postby Herb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:46 pm

Awe leave it out will ya? FFS you are seriously obsessed with Joe Hart and the fact that you don't recognise what everyone else can see as plain as day is a symptom of your obsession. You're just cock struck and there's no shame in that but don't let it mess with your judgement.[/quote]

I have to confess, I'm fanatical about every top player we have.[/quote]

It's your judgement as to what constitutes a 'top player' that's at question not your obsessive loyalty (which is obvious . . . especially the 'obsessive' part). My notion of a 'top' player is a player that is exceptionally good . . like Aguero (and the stats back that up), your notion of a top player is Joe Hart but he's definitely average overall and the stats back that up too.

Aguero = best striker in the league and perhaps in the world / Hart = perhaps 4th or 5th best keeper in the PL. . .

note the difference eh?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mark Garrett » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:49 pm

When all is said and done, Joe Hart is a very good keeper and I believe he is up there as one of the top 5/6 keepers in the world.

He's a leader, he's part of the spine of the team, has played a significant role in us winning trophies.

Don't sell Joe Hart
Super Joey Hart
i just don't think you understand
that if you sell Joe Hart
Super Joey Hart,
you'll have a fuckin riot on your hands
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Herb wrote:Awe leave it out will ya? FFS you are seriously obsessed with Joe Hart and the fact that you don't recognise what everyone else can see as plain as day is a symptom of your obsession. You're just cock struck and there's no shame in that but don't let it mess with your judgement.

I have to confess, I'm fanatical about every top player we have.[/quote]

It's your judgement as to what constitutes a 'top player' that's at question not your obsessive loyalty (which is obvious . . . especially the 'obsessive' part). My notion of a 'top' player is a player that is exceptionally good . . like Aguero (and the stats back that up), your notion of a top player is Joe Hart but he's definitely average overall and the stats back that up too.

Aguero = best striker in the league and perhaps in the world / Hart = perhaps 4th or 5th best keeper in the PL. . .

note the difference eh?[/quote]

4 or 5th best keeper in m the pl? name the other 3 or 4...
you might get de gea but if you're going to throw loris, begovic etc in the mix then you're having a fucking bubble sunshine
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Herb » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:31 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Herb wrote:Awe leave it out will ya? FFS you are seriously obsessed with Joe Hart and the fact that you don't recognise what everyone else can see as plain as day is a symptom of your obsession. You're just cock struck and there's no shame in that but don't let it mess with your judgement.

I have to confess, I'm fanatical about every top player we have.

note the difference eh?[/quote]

4 or 5th best keeper in m the pl? name the other 3 or 4...
you might get de gea but if you're going to throw loris, begovic etc in the mix then you're having a fucking bubble sunshine[/quote]

I like Joe Hart and was putting a reasoned view before you kicked the door in. Not a clue what you mean by having a fucking bubble but it makes you sound like a cunt . . which is your choice obviously, sunshine.
Not going to waste my finger prods by educating you on Joe Hart's place in the hierarchy of keepers but you can keep your peepers on the opts stats and see for yourself before you make yourself look daft again.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:07 am

Opts stats.

Close the thread.
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:17 am

Herb wrote:I like Joe Hart and was putting a reasoned view before you kicked the door in. Not a clue what you mean by having a fucking bubble but it makes you sound like a cunt . . which is your choice obviously, sunshine.
Not going to waste my finger prods by educating you on Joe Hart's place in the hierarchy of keepers but you can keep your peepers on the opts stats and see for yourself before you make yourself look daft again.

Herb answer the question before putting the door back on the hinges, name the 5 better keepers in the prem than Hart, surely you have the opta stats to hand?

Also FYI just in case you come across it in the future
having a bubble = having a laugh
Bubble - means bubble bath, which is rhyming slang for laugh

You're welcome
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:Opts stats.

Close the thread.

exactamundo sunshine
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Last season the save Joe made away at Everton was at some point highlighted as the reason we won the title. Plainly garbage to pick that one moment out of a whole season but it serves to demonstrate how absolutely key such a moments, a special save can be.

We have had similar moments already this season where Joe has pulled off something special which arguably has won us a game and when it comes down to it that's what being a top keeper is.I wouldn't have Joe as one of the top few in the world but I would have him in the top 3 in the premier league.De Gea is having a special time at the moment but often keepers can look good when they have a lot to do.As for the rest of the premier league keepers I would not swap Joe for anyone. Lloris would be the closest.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:46 pm

lloris, de gea, and courtois. imo begovic is quality, as well. but fair play to joe...he has stepped it up recently.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:lloris, de gea, and courtois. imo begovic is quality, as well. but fair play to joe...he has stepped it up recently.

Lloris, really, have you actually watched him? He is a good reaction shot stopper but he had been double shit for the last 12 months, the spurs fans are wanting Vorm in goal.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:lloris, de gea, and courtois. imo begovic is quality, as well. but fair play to joe...he has stepped it up recently.

Lloris, really, have you actually watched him? He is a good reaction shot stopper but he had been double shit for the last 12 months, the spurs fans are wanting Vorm in goal.

De Gea at the moment is excellent, Lloris no chance and Begovic you have to be joking. Courtois ok.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

De Gea at the moment is excellent, Lloris no chance and Begovic you have to be joking. Courtois ok.

lloris is excellent - far better off his line than our joe - but he is being made to suffer at a shit club with a loser's mentality...do you honestly trust spud fans to know their arse from their elbow?? if english, lloris (or likely begovic) would easily displace joe as #1.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:41 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

lloris is excellent - far better off his line than our joe - but he is being made to suffer at a shit club with a loser's mentality...do you honestly trust spud fans to know their arse from their elbow?? if english, lloris (or likely begovic) would easily displace joe as #1.

Lloris is good off his line going out of the box but Joe is also great off his line blocking shots as he did on wednesday and does regularly. Good at shot stopping but does have a habit of saving the ball to the onrushing attacker. Good keeper I know but no better than Joe. Begovic is just a bog average keeper who has some very good games which get shown to overstate how good he is.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:56 am

Spot on Doug. Decent keepers the both of them, but Begovic has barely made a save this season (least saved shots of all regular starters so far) and he plays for Stoke! And while Lloris can be great on his day, he is far too inconsistent & certainly no better than Hart.

I would have Courtois in a heartbeat tho, because I think his commanding of the area and calming influence is astounding for a keeper of his age.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:58 pm

A couple of seasons ago, I thought Tim Krul looked a decent 'keeper.

Playing behind that Newcastle defence, however, I just find it a bit hard to determine just how good (or bad) he actually is.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum