Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hart

Postby shortagain » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:01 am

Having seemingly got the old Joe back, we get a poor display when we need it most, not that it mattered as it turned out.

Whilst he still can't distribute the ball (highlighted by Neuer'sspeedy release usually to a team mate), will not come for crosses, punches when he should catch, he is a great shot stopper & has been rescued us more than once in recent games. Last night, he seemed to lose his ability on positioning.

For the first he stood behind the wall he had built & when Dante pulled off the end of it, instead of moving to his left a little to give himself a better view, he actually swayed to the right meaning his weight was on the wrong foot so rooting him to the spot for Alonso's pass into the net. The second found him almost at the edge of the 6 yd box, with 2 defenders in front of him marking their sole striker. Leaving aside the poor challengers by our defenders for the cross, shouldn't he have been on his line, as he wouldn't be going out for the cross anyway, but being where he was allowed the ball to bounce off Lewendoski's shoulder over him into the goal.

Just my observations & interested if anyone has a different opinion
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: Hart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:40 am

Yep he was culpable on both goals but he's played very well this season. Everyone's entitled to a poor game every now and again. Most of the rest have had more than their fair share of poor games this season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:55 am

Besides Aguero and Clichy I'm struggling to think of players who had a good game throughout. The team disintegrated after we went 1-0 up, before that we were doing just fine IMO with the exception of Reba(?)'s chance. After, we were 11 individuals trying to play football by themselves instead of as a team.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:58 am

1st goal was his 100% fault - poor wall, poor positioning, poor everything
i'd lay the blame on the defenders for the 2nd though - sagna was very weak against lewandowski
biggest issue for me is his 'tache - i know it's movember but he looks like someone who'd star in movies that cutemancs would watch...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby blue wine » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:32 am

he was shit last night, but neuer was just as bad
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:34 am

blue wine wrote:he was shit last night, but neuer was just as bad

Neuer, was almost playing midfield last night, cannot be faulted for his distribution at all, and had no chance with any of the goals. What did he do so bad in your opinion?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:39 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Neuer, was almost playing midfield last night, cannot be faulted for his distribution at all, and had no chance with any of the goals. What did he do so bad in your opinion?

Only thing I'd change about Neuer is have him putting a City shirt on rather than a Bayern at the beginning of a match. Top drawer keeper.

I Know I'm in the wrong saying it but a cheeky bid for De Gayer in Jan? Yes he plays for scum but he is the only player that could improve our team from that shower of shit.
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41 am

gmercer1 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Only thing I'd change about Neuer is have him putting a City shirt on rather than a Bayern at the beginning of a match. Top drawer keeper.

I Know I'm in the wrong saying it but a cheeky bid for De Gayer in Jan? Yes he plays for scum but he is the only player that could improve our team from that shower of shit.

Why? They wouldn't sell to us and it would undermine Hart which would affect his confidence.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:57 am

I know all the pros and cons, but I just think we'll never get everywhere we want to be with Joe Hart.

With Courtois Chelsea have an edge on us for sure.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:07 pm

john@staustell wrote:I know all the pros and cons, but I just think we'll never get everywhere we want to be with Joe Hart.

With Courtois Chelsea have an edge on us for sure.

I've been thinking... We could do worse than Cech, solid keeper.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:27 pm

I've been thinking... We could do worse than Cech, solid keeper.

When I did some rummaging around the internet during Hart's worst period, I compared Hart's stats with the other keepers in the PL and at that time, Cech was the one that stood out next to Hart as being clearly worse than the other top team's keepers. By all means, I don't know if I looked at the right stats but it seems Cech started going downhill two seasons ago. I might be wrong though, so please correct me if I am.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:37 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

best in the world and quite possibly the best i have ever seen, im tied with him and big pete
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Top 5 last season:

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matri ... 4/790/36/p#saves/saves_per_goal/distribution_accuracy/punches/catches/pass_completion/defensive_errors/errors_leading_to_goal#total

Punching/Catching stats on there are a bit useless as they don't acount for quality/failed catches/punches, but they do point out that Hart's discrepancy between punches and catches is the lowest, i.e. he punches proportionally more often than the rest. Only Mignolet was close, who by all accounts, is pretty bobbins and an inferior goalkeeper to Hart on the whole.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby dazby » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:07 pm

First goal, fair enough. But you're way off the Mark calling Joe out on the second. Lewandowskis shoulder made that goal. Joe was exactly where I'd want him. Out of the goal, cutting down the angle. A clean header and Joe stops it.

Joe made some good saves in that game. The early save was a cracker.

Stop looking for a scapegoat.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby charvet_wonderland » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:34 pm

dazby wrote:First goal, fair enough. But you're way off the Mark calling Joe out on the second. Lewandowskis shoulder made that goal. Joe was exactly where I'd want him. Out of the goal, cutting down the angle. A clean header and Joe stops it.

He was exactly where I'd want him if the ball was on the ground, but exactly (within reason) where I don't want him when the strikers only option is a looping header.
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:47 pm

charvet_wonderland wrote:
dazby wrote:First goal, fair enough. But you're way off the Mark calling Joe out on the second. Lewandowskis shoulder made that goal. Joe was exactly where I'd want him. Out of the goal, cutting down the angle. A clean header and Joe stops it.

He was exactly where I'd want him if the ball was on the ground, but exactly (within reason) where I don't want him when the strikers only option is a looping header.

First goal was worrying. Especially as he's in top form at the moment.

Second goal I'd be more concerned why the captain left a fullback to mark the cf on his own, then suddenly tried & missed a desperate panicky recovery header when he can see the bloke moving into position had nothing else to do at the time.

If it's so important that he's panicking to stop the header, it was important enough to move over a yard in the first place so he could head the fucking thing away if the ball came in.

Joe was the last person on the list to blame. The header was shite as well. Fluke.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby charvet_wonderland » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Second goal I'd be more concerned why the captain left a fullback to mark the cf on his own, then suddenly tried & missed a desperate panicky recovery header when he can see the bloke moving into position had nothing else to do at the time.

If it's so important that he's panicking to stop the header, it was important enough to move over a yard in the first place so he could head the fucking thing away if the ball came in.

Joe was the last person on the list to blame. The header was shite as well. Fluke.

Don't disagree with any of that, but it's his thread & he should've been on his line when facing a situation like that. He would've caught it easily & we wouldn't be focussing on all the mistakes leading up to that moment. Flukey touch of the shoulder but I think the result was exactly what Lewandowski was trying to do with his head.
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:57 pm

get rid. he will never be good enough.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

No way I would have wanted him on his leaving 2 yards either side for a header to go in.And no way was the only possible scoring header a looper.Lew would have expected to either bullet it past Joe or glance it along the way but for me Joe was in the right position and it was a pure fluke that beat him. As for the first there is no defence for Joe.

Don't disagree with any of that, but it's his thread & he should've been on his line when facing a situation like that. He would've caught it easily & we wouldn't be focussing on all the mistakes leading up to that moment. Flukey touch of the shoulder but I think the result was exactly what Lewandowski was trying to do with his head.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Not one of Joe Hart,s better games but he has been back to his best so far this season . Sometimes keepers need to be cut some slack ......... Aguero made world number 1 Neuer look Sunday league ! ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum