Stadium Expansion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Stadium Expansion

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:53 am

We are approaching 10k on the waiting list apparently. Someone has recently said on Twitter and on the site I have linked to on the expansion that they are number 9135.

Where the fuck are they all? I dont see them for league cup games
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:57 am

Wonderwall wrote:We are approaching 10k on the waiting list apparently. Someone has recently said on Twitter and on the site I have linked to on the expansion that they are number 9135.

Must admit it's something I never understand. When I could afford it and had a season ticket, we drove a 600-mile round trip to see Alan Ball and fuckin Frank Clarke. Every match, evenings too

Now the culture is (not just at City) that people have season tickets but cant be arsed to travel ten minutes.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:06 pm

Wonderwall wrote:We are approaching 10k on the waiting list apparently. Someone has recently said on Twitter and on the site I have linked to on the expansion that they are number 9135.

At a brief guess WW - we have 38k season ticket holders, and approx. 2,700 away fan seats; current capacity is 45,500 approx. so Id reckon the additional 4.5k who turn up for most Prem games are all on the list. Throw in another 2-3k who pick and choose their games but want a Season ticket going forwards, and to take their kids/wife etc at the prices quoted in the third tier. The final numbers Id guess are made up of mates/family of current Seasoncard holders who want to join them and sit together.

I know a few guys who currently sit in the East Stand tier 2, and with being priced out there, have put mates/kids on the waiting list and plan on going into the Third Tier or elsewhere in the ground so they can sit together - Ill wager there's a few doing this.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Scatman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:

At a brief guess WW - we have 38k season ticket holders, and approx. 2,700 away fan seats; current capacity is 45,500 approx. so Id reckon the additional 4.5k who turn up for most Prem games are all on the list. Throw in another 2-3k who pick and choose their games but want a Season ticket going forwards, and to take their kids/wife etc at the prices quoted in the third tier. The final numbers Id guess are made up of mates/family of current Seasoncard holders who want to join them and sit together.

I know a few guys who currently sit in the East Stand tier 2, and with being priced out there, have put mates/kids on the waiting list and plan on going into the Third Tier or elsewhere in the ground so they can sit together - Ill wager there's a few doing this.

Or maybe they are all there for the league cup games and it is the season ticket holders who aren't going
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:50 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Heard different stories re the North Stand. Dunno anymore.

Re the roof: I think they will need cranes on the pitch to get it out. Don't know how else they could do it ?

If that's the case then it's not going 'til after the season.

I was speaking to a senior city official (who I wont name) but if I did say the name you would all know the person, about the roof a while ago. They told me that the plan was to get it done as soon as possible and to get at least one League game with the new stand open before the end of the season. So I would think there must be a way Ted, but I agree with you that it seems more likely that cranes would be required on the pitch side unless they can extend the arms through the corners?

in this OS video there seems to be some sort of crane inside the stadium. at 1:19.
& wasn't the plan to get the new pitch side seats for use before end of season, not the new stand?
Watch on youtube.com
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Re the roof: I think they will need cranes on the pitch to get it out. Don't know how else they could do it ?

I was speaking to a senior city official (who I wont name) but if I did say the name you would all know the person, about the roof a while ago. They told me that the plan was to get it done as soon as possible and to get at least one League game with the new stand open before the end of the season. So I would think there must be a way Ted, but I agree with you that it seems more likely that cranes would be required on the pitch side unless they can extend the arms through the corners?

in this OS video there seems to be some sort of crane inside the stadium. at 1:19.
& wasn't the plan to get the new pitch side seats for use before end of season, not the new stand?
Watch on youtube.com

The official line is to be ready for 2015/16 season but they want it to be ready before the end of this season. Which would be nice but if it cant be done they will definitely hit their original target.
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

The official line is to be ready for 2015/16 season but they want it to be ready before the end of this season. Which would be nice but if it cant be done they will definitely hit their original target.

That shows some kind of pointy thingy inside the stadium, but maybe it's not actually using up much of the pitch area, & perhaps it's taking out theold roof in small bits from underneath the new roof, so that the big cranes can then get an angle to lift them out ?

So perhaps some smaller crane type thingy can be positioned at one end of the stadium, without having to destroy the pitch, & strip it down ? Then lift out all the bits with the big ones ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:43 pm

nice one Ted, are you a civil engineer?
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:59 pm

rosbif cuisson 'bleu' wrote:nice one Ted, are you a civil engineer?

More uncivil.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Looks like the new roof structure is complete and they have started to clad the outside of the new stand now. I wonder when the join up to the old roof will start, I would imagine straight after the Leicester game.

Wonderwall

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Looks like the new roof structure is complete and they have started to clad the outside of the new stand now. I wonder when the join up to the old roof will start, I would imagine straight after the Leicester game.

Thanks for the update,Could the lads get a kit on for Wed they look organised top work !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:25 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Looks like the new roof structure is complete and they have started to clad the outside of the new stand now. I wonder when the join up to the old roof will start, I would imagine straight after the Leicester game.

Thanks for the update,Could the lads get a kit on for Wed they look organised top work !

If you want to keep up to date, this is the site where all the latest updates are posted

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 81&page=43
Wonderwall

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:08 am

Anyone have any idea why we have opted not to fill the corners?

It seems we will end up with a design quite similar to the swamp, a lower bowl and upper stands which stand alone and are quite distinct.

I expect cost vs benefit was an over-riding factor, but in wonder from an atmosphere perspective whether having a more distinct 'end' will help with the identity of that stand and therefore help to generate a bit more atmosphere and noise. At least I hope so
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:37 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Anyone have any idea why we have opted not to fill the corners?

It seems we will end up with a design quite similar to the swamp, a lower bowl and upper stands which stand alone and are quite distinct.

I expect cost vs benefit was an over-riding factor, but in wonder from an atmosphere perspective whether having a more distinct 'end' will help with the identity of that stand and therefore help to generate a bit more atmosphere and noise. At least I hope so

I'm hoping it's so they can install huge HD video screens to show replays. You know, like the ones at the family stand end that I can't fucking see from the back of the lower tier!

I'll also be glad when the cladding is back on as then I might not be blinded when it's sunny. Still feel sorry for the poor bastards who get those we seats at the front of the stands - a view of ankles and piss wet through every time the weather gets a bit Manchester.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:13 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Anyone have any idea why we have opted not to fill the corners?

Airflow innit (for the grass)? Not sure how other stadia manage, but I'm pretty sure I heard that some time ago.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:31 am

john@staustell wrote:

Airflow innit (for the grass)? Not sure how other stadia manage, but I'm pretty sure I heard that some time ago.

Yes John you are very well informed. It as you rightly point out is to encourage the air flow to all corners of the stadia, Pellers and will then light Joss sticks and Pray that Vincent can return to form just like in that film which escapes me at the present time.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:32 am

rosbif cuisson 'bleu' wrote:nice one Ted, are you a civil engineer?

That explains the fucking holes he digs then. Coat on... door shut ... boom
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:42 am

Looks like the latest pictures on this site http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 81&page=44 have the builders going well, half of the roof paneks are on and outside cladding is going on at a pace.

Also the structure to link the new tier to the CB stand is also going up

looks like the temporary roof over the corners has been removed too

Wonderwall

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:13 am

A lot more of the top cladding to cover the plant rooms and terrace is on now i drove past this AM.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby ant london » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:03 pm

It looks fucking massive!

Mint.....suitably #massive
ant london