Stadium Expansion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Stadium Expansion

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Wonderwall wrote:My lad took this pic on the way to greece last week. Shows the Etihad Campus

Pilot must have been a rag. Any self respecting City fan would have gone down lower for a proper fly by!

Looks mint though doesn't it?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:My lad took this pic on the way to greece last week. Shows the Etihad Campus

Pilot must have been a rag. Any self respecting City fan would have gone down lower for a proper fly by!

Looks mint though doesn't it?

the bar area of city square is fookin huge in that pic
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:07 pm

He did well to get that shot. I've looked out several times when flying over but it's always dark or cloudy or both. That gives s good idea of the size and impact on the regeneration of the area. We should sell Etihad the right to have their name on the roof for passing competitor planes to see, that should be worth a Messi-sized fee.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:37 am

Hope he took his own beer tokens from home
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:45 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

He did well to get that shot. I've looked out several times when flying over but it's always dark or cloudy or both. That gives s good idea of the size and impact on the regeneration of the area. We should sell Etihad the right to have their name on the roof for passing competitor planes to see, that should be worth a Messi-sized fee.

Etihad already is on the roof of one of the buildings, isn't it? I'm sure I saw a photo somewhere, starting to doubt myself now
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:18 pm

Since it was brought up in the Newcomer's thread
I don't know how trustworthy this info is... but

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/703285/Manchester-City-Etihad-Stadium-Dressing-Rooms-Fans-Supporters-Premier-League-Gossip-News

"No other football ground in Europe has a similar format but City’s scheme appears ready for the go-ahead. Supporters would be able to eat and drink in the proposed executive lounge as they see players walk out from the changing rooms."

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/09/10/manchester-city-to-go-ahead-with-plans-to-make-the-etihad-stadium-a-61000-seater/

"The club feel the time is right to extend the stadium even further to mark the Pep Guardiola era."
Last edited by HailNerdQueen on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby Scatman » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:26 pm

That first article is about the etihad stadium in Melbourne
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Scatman wrote:That first article is about the etihad stadium in Melbourne

oops, lemme find something better
HailNerdQueen

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:51 pm

From the official webpage
http://mancitysquare.com/2016/09/12/manchester-city-get-go-ahead-61000-seat-stadium-expansion/

"There are already plans in place to install a unique glass tunnel into the stadium. This design would allow fans to view players preparing in the tunnel before kickoff...There are plans in place in the distant future to add tiers to the east and west wings, expanding capacity beyond Old Trafford’s 76,000."

This one has some good photos of some renovation concepts
http://www.thesportbible.com/football/news-man-citys-plans-for-glass-tunnel-in-etihad-stadium-are-stunning-20161213

"New dressing rooms, warm-up facilities and a media zone are also part of the project, which is the next step following City's £200m state-of-the-art training complex, but it is the new hospitality area - to be referred to as 'The Tunnel Club' that has caught the eye."
HailNerdQueen

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:04 pm

HailNerdQueen wrote:From the official webpage
http://mancitysquare.com/2016/09/12/manchester-city-get-go-ahead-61000-seat-stadium-expansion/

"There are already plans in place to install a unique glass tunnel into the stadium. This design would allow fans to view players preparing in the tunnel before kickoff...There are plans in place in the distant future to add tiers to the east and west wings, expanding capacity beyond Old Trafford’s 76,000."

http://www.thesportbible.com/football/news-man-citys-plans-for-glass-tunnel-in-etihad-stadium-are-stunning-20161213

"New dressing rooms, warm-up facilities and a media zone are also part of the project, which is the next step following City's £200m state-of-the-art training complex, but it is the new hospitality area - to be referred to as 'The Tunnel Club' that has caught the eye."

12th December 2016: Manchester City to unveil new glass tunnel where VIPs will be able to get close to Pep Guardiola's stars
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:56 pm

Justified logic wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:From the official webpage

12th December 2016: Manchester City to unveil new glass tunnel where VIPs will be able to get close to Pep Guardiola's stars

The tunnel club is real! I can't wait to see more!
This sounds classy as fuck, bucket list!
HailNerdQueen

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:11 pm

we'll be applying for a reduction in capacity at this rate
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games