Brendan Rodgers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brendan Rodgers

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:43 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27162437

"Everyone talks about pressure but that is Manchester City or Chelsea - when you spend that sort of money and expect to win the league," said Rodgers.

"I don't think there is pressure on ourselves, only what we have from within. Look at Tottenham ... [when] you spend over £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league."

this post is a classic. it really is. LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

and now pool sack him ahead of the rags game, meaning they go without a manager or a plan to ot... then again, I don't know if that makes liverpool any weaker?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby lovecity8utd » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Classic reaction to the red card. Thanks for the entertainment Brenda.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Sacked soon.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:58 pm

PMSL @ Rogers.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:59 pm

sheblue wrote:Sacked soon.

As with Arsenic Whinger, I hope not.

He's doing wonderful things where he is.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
sheblue wrote:Sacked soon.

As with Arsenic Whinger, I hope not.

He's doing wonderful things where he is.

Hear hear. Give him another £50m in January as well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:23 am

he's still the current manager of the year
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:46 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:he's still the current manager of the year

And thats how fucked up these cunts are Pellers 1st season in so called hardest league in the world .Wins it and grabs another trophy as well . Wins Fuck all pearly drops wins Fuck all .and wins it . Bobby Manc wins Prem they give M O Y to fucking Pardew Again for winning Fuck all
Cunts the lot of em .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:48 am

carolina-blue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:he's still the current manager of the year

And thats how fucked up these cunts are Pellers 1st season in so called hardest league in the world .Wins it and grabs another trophy as well . Wins Fuck all pearly drops wins Fuck all .and wins it . Bobby Manc wins Prem they give M O Y to fucking Pardew Again for winning Fuck all
Cunts the lot of em .

Four times in the history of the award it hasn't gone to the manager who won the league.

Taggart didn't get it after winning the third title and second award in a row.(Burley-Ipswich) Ancelotti didn't get it even after winning the title in his first season as well.(Redknapp-Tottenham)

The other two are Mancini(Pardew-Newcastle) and Pellegrini(Pulis-Palace). I'm not shocked TBH.

But Rodgers never won the award, he won the LMA award(which Moyes has won three times and Wenger has only won twice, should give you the value of that award)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:58 am

I thought maureen failed to win it when he did the double also or am I making that up?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:18 am

Wonderwall wrote:I thought maureen failed to win it when he did the double also or am I making that up?

Maureen has never won the LMA award, he won the Premier League Manager of the Season award both years he won the title.

And this was the guy who came in after Ranieri spent £120M to move Chelsea from 3rd to 2nd, spent another £100M to win the league and no-one talked about FFP, offered Ballack and Shevchenko £150k/week while we desperately broke our maximum wage structure of £30k/week to keep Anelka by paying him £40k/week, then broke it a year later to sign Robbie Fowler, a move that just about sent us broke and forced out our chairman David Bernstein...no mention of FFP then either.

Funny how when there were 4 seats at the trough, adding a fourth swine to the feeding frenzy that is the Champion's League wasn't a problem, but you add a 5th little piggy and the 1 in 4 chance that the filth, the scouse filth or the southern filth might miss out and all of a sudden FFP, with every reason under the sun for it's implementation but the actual truth.

Why the fuck don't they just come out and say it? Why don't they admit to moving the goalposts in order to keep their trotters in the swill of financial unfair money that has poured into the club for close to 20 years now? Why don't they admit they are the powerbrokers behind all the moves that hapless inept clueless wanderer Platini seems to be the point man on? Would it change anything? Would droves of their fans abandon the club because they found out they were this powerful? Their flock of mindless sheep fans went their for that exact reason in the first place, if anything they would gain more sycophantic saps who attach their personal success to the successes of the club they support.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Michael Brookes » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:55 am

Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:01 am

Even Lawro is criticising him:

Liverpool are "rudderless" and "going backwards just as fast as they went forwards last season", according to former player Mark Lawrenson.

Lawrenson says he is baffled by some of the team selections and accuses manager Brendan Rodgers of changing his side "like he does his socks".

The BBC Sport pundit also says Daniel Sturridge will not prove to be the "saviour" of the Anfield club.
Yet he feels the Reds can still qualify for next season's Champions League.
Liverpool went out of the Champions League at the group stage following Tuesday's 1-1 home draw with Basel and lie ninth in the Premier League ahead of Sunday's visit to Old Trafford to face Manchester United.

Lawrenson believes the club have regressed since the fixture between the sides last March, when Steven Gerrard scored two penalties and missed a third in a 3-0 victory over the then Premier League champions, and worries that Rodgers seems unsure of how to set up his team tactically.

"It is eight months since Liverpool blew Manchester United away to win 3-0 at Old Trafford but it seems an awful lot longer than that," he said.
"To be frank, Liverpool are all over the place at the moment. They are rudderless, low on confidence and do not seem to have a definitive way of playing."

The former Liverpool and Republic of Ireland defender was particularly scathing about Rodgers' team selection for the must-win match against Basel at Anfield, feeling that England international Adam Lallana, 26, should have started in midfield and questioning the inclusion of Jose Enrique at left-back.
"I do not understand some of Brendan Rodgers' selections - leaving Lallana out against Basel mystified me, as did the inclusion of Enrique, who looked overweight," he said.

Liverpool finished runners-up to Manchester City in the Premier League last season, in large part thanks to Luis Suarez's 31 goals in 33 matches, and Lawrenson feels that Rodgers has failed to adequately replace the Uruguay international, who joined Barcelona in July in a £75m deal.

"Some of Liverpool's key players have lost form but what has happened this season shows how much they relied on Suarez and Sturridge - those lads were clearly more than just 50% of the goals, they were 50% of the whole team," he continued.
"That's the only conclusion you can draw from what has happened without them."
Sturridge has not featured in the first team since the start of September after suffering thigh and calf injuries and Lawrenson warns that the England striker may take time to match the form he showed last term in partnership with Suarez.

"Sturridge is getting built up as Liverpool's saviour because they have struggled in his absence. But he won't be. We don't even know when he will be back," he said.

Rodgers spent £116m in the summer on Lallana,Lazar Markovic,Dejan Lovren,Mario Balotelli,Alberto Moreno, Emre Can,Javier Manquillo,Divock Origi, who was immediately loaned back to Lille, and Rickie Lambert, but Lawrenson feels the new signings have yet to hit top form and worries that any new additions in the January transfer window will also struggle to make an impact at Anfield.

"Everyone is saying that Brendan Rodgers has got to buy players in January to turn things round but it is not that easy," he said.
"For starters it is difficult to buy anybody of quality in January, but also, they need to improve in pretty much every department because nobody is playing well."
Mark Lawrenson on how Liverpool will approach the Europa League

"The Europa League is a nuisance for Liverpool. But at least now it is knock-out and as a manager Rodgers can decide on a round-by-round basis on what he wants to do, and view the Europa League two days before he plays each tie. "There is a Champions League place at the end of it. That is not a factor now but that changes the further you go in the Europa League and also if the top four becomes less likely in the Premier League."
Lawrenson says that Liverpool can still qualify for the Champions League next season, by either taking the spot reserved for the Europa League winners or focusing on the "all day long priority" of securing a top-four finish but warns that Rodgers faces a tough task if he is to reverse the slump.
"Last year Liverpool built up such momentum that it felt like he could just send the players out and they would sort it." he said.

"Now you look at it and it seems like the same scenario in reverse - they are going backwards just as fast as they went forwards last season.

"It is down to Rodgers to stop it and change the direction of their season around but boy is it a steep learning curve for him."
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:22 am

Lawro should leave him alone. After all, Brentan's just a chilled out entertainer....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:44 am

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I thought maureen failed to win it when he did the double also or am I making that up?

Maureen has never won the LMA award, he won the Premier League Manager of the Season award both years he won the title.

And this was the guy who came in after Ranieri spent £120M to move Chelsea from 3rd to 2nd, spent another £100M to win the league and no-one talked about FFP, offered Ballack and Shevchenko £150k/week while we desperately broke our maximum wage structure of £30k/week to keep Anelka by paying him £40k/week, then broke it a year later to sign Robbie Fowler, a move that just about sent us broke and forced out our chairman David Bernstein...no mention of FFP then either.

Funny how when there were 4 seats at the trough, adding a fourth swine to the feeding frenzy that is the Champion's League wasn't a problem, but you add a 5th little piggy and the 1 in 4 chance that the filth, the scouse filth or the southern filth might miss out and all of a sudden FFP, with every reason under the sun for it's implementation but the actual truth.

Why the fuck don't they just come out and say it? Why don't they admit to moving the goalposts in order to keep their trotters in the swill of financial unfair money that has poured into the club for close to 20 years now? Why don't they admit they are the powerbrokers behind all the moves that hapless inept clueless wanderer Platini seems to be the point man on? Would it change anything? Would droves of their fans abandon the club because they found out they were this powerful? Their flock of mindless sheep fans went their for that exact reason in the first place, if anything they would gain more sycophantic saps who attach their personal success to the successes of the club they support.

I've missed your rants, Slim. Keep them coming!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:12 am

mr_nool wrote:
Slim wrote:

I've missed your rants, Slim. Keep them coming!

Excellent rant Slim, and 100% on the money.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:19 am

Michael Brookes wrote:http://youtu.be/fTJbsH6R_AA

That is fucking fantastic
Original Dub