Brendan Rodgers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brendan Rodgers

Postby Herb » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:We need Rodgers to stay & keep them average to shit. Therefore it's better if they get to the final of that competition, & also better that Chelsea have an extra potentially tough game.

We have to go to Anfield 4 days after we play Barca, but not if they are in the Final, they will be playing that instead, & we get a day off.

I sometimes wonder why I ever bother popping onto this forum but every once-in-a-while I read a couple of sentences that either restore a bit of faith in the ability of my fellow blues to appreciate the bigger picture or perhaps give me a new valid and interesting perspective from which to view an issue. You've hit both buttons tonight Mr Hughes and I applaude your intellect.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:32 am

Ted Hughes wrote:We need Rodgers to stay & keep them average to shit. Therefore it's better if they get to the final of that competition, & also better that Chelsea have an extra potentially tough game.

We have to go to Anfield 4 days after we play Barca, but not if they are in the Final, they will be playing that instead, & we get a day off.

Would prefer to play them without them getting to the final, the game will be moved to the Sunday as they are away at Besiktas on the Thursday.

I dont care who wins that COCUP as we are out
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:44 am

Herb wrote:

I sometimes wonder why I ever bother popping onto this forum but every once-in-a-while I read a couple of sentences that either restore a bit of faith in the ability of my fellow blues to appreciate the bigger picture or perhaps give me a new valid and interesting perspective from which to view an issue. You've hit both buttons tonight Mr Hughes and I applaude your intellect.

Since you're obviously on a far higher intellectual plane than other posters on here, the question might be asked why, indeed, you do bother "popping onto this forum" ??

For myself, I found your post to be sycophantically and obsequiously stomach-churning.

Your spelling of 'applaud' was also incorrect.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:09 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Herb wrote:

Since you're obviously on a far higher intellectual plane than other posters on here, the question might be asked why, indeed, you do bother "popping onto this forum" ??

For myself, I found your post to be sycophantically and obsequiously stomach-churning.

yet another lame attempt from herb to spice things up
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Is this fuckwit gobshite still in a job ? pmsl
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby aaron bond » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:57 pm

City64 wrote:Is this fuckwit gobshite still in a job ? pmsl

Herb?
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 pm

aaron bond wrote:
City64 wrote:Is this fuckwit gobshite still in a job ? pmsl

Herb?

Nah Brenda.

Rarely read Herb,s posts they bore me to tears. He deffo has a thing with pulling other posters up doesn't he ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Lev Bronstein » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Herb wrote:

Give him thyme
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Herb wrote:

Give him thyme

Well you'll have to admint that we're all parsley responsible for how dill the forum is these days. We've created the monster that is Herb and now we've got to deal with the cold hard facts delivered from his sage posting style.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Delivered like a seasoned pro
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Dont rub salt in his wounds.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:35 pm

the jokes are cumin thick and fast today lads
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:46 pm

i thought i had a shot at cardamom, but i totally coriander what i was about to post! Old age i suppose.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Thanks everyone!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Thanks everyone!

I don't get that one.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:32 pm

The replies on this thread are mustard, Shame for Rodgers going out of the champions league to Basil but they didn't get the stick they deserved from the Ginger twat Scholes and Adrian Chives. Mind you, a chance to redeem themselves tonight in the league cup, I am sure they will be mint. Sterling to nutmeg someone on the way to a hat-trick. They are on sky so you just know there will be lots of lavinder studio for them with Carragher and Souness.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Thanks everyone!

I don't get that one.

unbayleafably bad attempt if it was
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:46 pm

This thread has disappeared up its own anise.

I don't see what any of this has to do with the oreganol post.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Can't make my mind up .......

Turnips or pumpkins ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:36 pm

Wonderwall wrote:The replies on this thread are mustard, Shame for Rodgers going out of the champions league to Basil but they didn't get the stick they deserved from the Ginger twat Scholes and Adrian Chives. Mind you, a chance to redeem themselves tonight in the league cup, I am sure they will be mint. Sterling to nutmeg someone on the way to a hat-trick. They are on sky so you just know there will be lots of lavinder studio for them with Carragher and Souness.

That's all very well but can he still cut the mustard when the going gets tough ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum