Brendan Rodgers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brendan Rodgers

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
City64 wrote:Anyone else notice the positive spin the media have took on the dippers result against one of the lowest ranked teams in the CL this morning ? They now have a "Grande Final " at Anfield against Basle , another low ranked team . Fuck me I'm sure we just beat the champions of Europe but bye and large the press has been negative . Fucking pathetic !

Champions of Europe two years ago. Madrid won it last season.

You're point is well documented by other examples tho obvs. We are all bores to tears of this shit but I actually think it's important. We need an us vs them mentality if we are going to win anything this season I believe.

Cheers

100%

Not just for this season either. It's going to be some years before we get an even break from most of the media & treated the same way as the old guard.

We have to fight our corner, as not many others outside the club will.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:28 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
City64 wrote:Anyone else notice the positive spin the media have took on the dippers result against one of the lowest ranked teams in the CL this morning ? They now have a "Grande Final " at Anfield against Basle , another low ranked team . Fuck me I'm sure we just beat the champions of Europe but bye and large the press has been negative . Fucking pathetic !

You're point is well documented by other examples tho obvs. We are all bores to tears of this shit but I actually think it's important. We need an us vs them mentality if we are going to win anything this season I believe.

Cheers

Unfortunately, we don't do an 'us vs them' attitude, we do an 'after you Claude' one instead. Although after Aguero had his Achilles trodden on last Saturday we did at least get a reaction from the players, for once.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby patrickblue » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:49 pm

bigblue wrote:and for fun take the quiz:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/qui ... uotes-quiz

I got 9/10.

And on a different note, who was it who wrote that classic leaving rant, saying we were all cunts, especially "that pipe smoking bastard"

I still laugh every time I see your avatar.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Just got a brief look at SSN & the cunt appears on there talking fucking tactics. Just had to Google his comments. Check this out:

The boss explained: "I felt we needed more of a solid structure to the team. We played with two controlling players whose job was to not get ahead of the ball, but to control the game from behind and stay close together - both defensively and offensively.

"Both are good passers of the ball and players that can defend, get up to the ball and intercept. Then we had Steven in front of that in the No.10 position and I thought he was excellent.

"His job was to get up and support Rickie Lambert; with Jordan and his running power, and Raheem with his speed on the sides, he could feed them through."

Well what a fucking reat job they did controlling that game. Pinched from the match thread:

Nigels Tackle wrote:match stats
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29363092

If Rodgers was actually successful, just imagine what he would be like ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

100%

Not just for this season either. It's going to be some years before we get an even break from most of the media & treated the same way as the old guard.

We have to fight our corner, as not many others outside the club will.

Agree with above comments and other posters . This week has seen more than ever how MCFC is held and treated by a very large section of the media .It is an absolute disgrace .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:02 am

patrickblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:and for fun take the quiz:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/qui ... uotes-quiz

I got 9/10.

And on a different note, who was it who wrote that classic leaving rant, saying we were all cunts, especially "that pipe smoking bastard"

I still laugh every time I see your avatar.

It was guv111, although an idle threat

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=42081&hilit=Pipe+smoking
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:31 am

I m so glad that this fucker is put down , but don't want tt be sacked. Buying playes like Ballo and Lambert to replace Suarez show me how smart he is .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Scraped a 1 nil , Stoke the better team by all accounts ........... oh well Brenda lives on and the victory will be widely reported as glorious and hard fought no doubt .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby roblues » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:44 pm

"The players were absolutely incredible"...sounds like he's finally realized the level at which they will be operating this season
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby patrickblue » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:46 pm

City64 wrote:Scraped a 1 nil , Stoke the better team by all accounts ........... oh well Brenda lives on and the victory will be widely reported as glorious and hard fought no doubt .

That's what you would expect, but to be fair the BBC have come out and said scouse were lucky.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby roblues » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:51 pm

patrickblue wrote:
City64 wrote:Scraped a 1 nil , Stoke the better team by all accounts ........... oh well Brenda lives on and the victory will be widely reported as glorious and hard fought no doubt .

That's what you would expect, but to be fair the BBC have come out and said scouse were lucky.

More important stories this weekend, like the scum being back in the thick of the title race
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:51 pm

tut tut brendan, i thought you knew liverpool's istree inside out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... g-him.html
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:39 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:tut tut brendan, i thought you knew liverpool's istree inside out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... g-him.html

The highlight of that article is their description of Liverpool's 'turgid first half performance'.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:13 am

Taking credit for Mignolet making saves: ''He has made a couple of great saves. We asked him to simplify his game and do what he is good at, which is shot-stopping,' said Rodgers.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Taking credit for Mignolet making saves: ''He has made a couple of great saves. We asked him to simplify his game and do what he is good at, which is shot-stopping,' said Rodgers.

Isn't every goalkeeper good at shot-stopping? After all, that's why they take it up in the first place. (I'll bet Brentan made no mention of 'on-field management' after yesterday's win.)
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:18 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Taking credit for Mignolet making saves: ''He has made a couple of great saves. We asked him to simplify his game and do what he is good at, which is shot-stopping,' said Rodgers.

Isn't every goalkeeper good at shot-stopping? After all, that's why they take it up in the first place. (I'll bet Brentan made no mention of 'on-field management' after yesterday's win.)

Alongside the "THIS IS ANFIELD" sign there now reads "MIND YOUR HEAD, BRENDAN"
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Duckman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:05 am

dead man walking.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:34 am

Duckman wrote:dead man walking.

Bastard, I thought he'd been sacked then!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:34 am

Duckman wrote:dead man walking.

Bastard, I thought he'd been sacked then!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:52 am

Watching 'Premier League Years' covering last season, it was striking how's my times he gushed about his "incredible" players. Like a broken record. He has continued in a similar tone this year. I know you need to be positive, and maybe his style is to encourage, but when your season is slowly turning to ratshit, perhaps it's time for a more realistic assessment.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum