Advertising hoardings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Advertising hoardings

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Why did we have old fashioned non-moving ads at the side of the pitch today instead of the usual fancy fangled digital ones? Normally happens for UEFA but not Premier League?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Re: Advertising hoardings

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Are they for night games only?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:01 pm

I think because we have to have bigger ones for chumps league which is why some pitch side have to relocate? Just a guess and it's prob not easy change over if that's the case. I could be talking bollox mind..
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:02 pm

But the premier league ads aren't the same as the Chump League ones?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Are they for night games only?

Nope
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shortagain » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:38 am

Is it not to do with the installation of the extra rows of seats at the front of the north, south & east stands?
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:40 am

Never mid that, am I the only one who is getting a bloody headache from the constantly flashing bright electronic boards on the 2nd tier?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby AG7 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:48 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Never mid that, am I the only one who is getting a bloody headache from the constantly flashing bright electronic boards on the 2nd tier?

Yeah hate that, and yesterday they kept going bright pink from a subtle dark blue or black when you'd have to take your eye off the game for a second ... irritating, distracting, just silly ... wonder if it distracts players on the pitch too when suddenly the whole ground's colours keep changing.
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby blue-nova » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Never mid that, am I the only one who is getting a bloody headache from the constantly flashing bright electronic boards on the 2nd tier?

I doubt they'll take them away - the best hope is that they just blend into the background. I remember when the moving ads first appeared and used to drive me to distraction - now I don't notice them....

....or maybe I do, and have just got used to it. I'm not imaging twenty years down the line and football looking like some kind of bladerunner/times square hybrid, with hologram ads between fans and players....or little 'sponsored by' holograms hovering about the players heads like some creepy version of FIFA 2034.
My Man City quiz book (now in print as well as Kindle) still outselling the rags! I'll be able to afford a Balti pie soon!
Just published a Christmassy Football Joke and Quiz Book too!
blue-nova
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:45 pm

blue-nova wrote:

I doubt they'll take them away - the best hope is that they just blend into the background. I remember when the moving ads first appeared and used to drive me to distraction - now I don't notice them....

....or maybe I do, and have just got used to it. I'm not imaging twenty years down the line and football looking like some kind of bladerunner/times square hybrid, with hologram ads between fans and players....or little 'sponsored by' holograms hovering about the players heads like some creepy version of FIFA 2034.

Hopefully FIFA won't exist in 2034.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:51 pm

blue-nova wrote:

Mmmmm,

Looks like all those subliminal messages they've been bombarding you with, for all these years, might now be taking effect.

Tread carefully.........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:22 pm

blue-nova wrote:

I've never understood why they don't introduce some kind of green-screen technology: it would reduce annoyance to fans attending the game (of low importance to governing bodies), would eradicate the annoying 'flashing' you see in slow-mo replays, and would allow advertising to be tailored to different markets (cut out alcohol for some Middle Eastern countries, online gambling for the USA and a few other countries, and products that are generally irrelevant from other markets).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:13 pm

They use something like that - or at least they were testing it out, there was a European match from a couple of seasons ago where something was slightly wonky with whatever they were using to overlay adverts on the camera feed in real time and some of the adverts were showing in the player's hair. They still had the hoardings everywhere though (thanks to their regulations).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to The Maine Football forum