This Weeks Other Games | 22-24 Nov 14

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weeks Other Games | 22-24 Nov 14

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:43 pm

If we finished on the same points as CSKA, would it go on goal difference or head to head ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Anyone got a stream of the u19s game? kicks off now
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If we finished on the same points as CSKA, would it go on goal difference or head to head ?

Head to head, Ted.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:pardon my ignorance, but what is the best result for us in the roma/CSKA match today?

Draw. There is a discussion about it on this thread and someone explains it: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308009

thx. rules are so needlessly complicated it's untrue!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby twosips » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Dunno if anyone's watching the u19s but we're battering Bayern. Barker's just scored a wonderful goal yet again. Fucking natural that lad.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:59 pm

The U19s are so much better at their level pressing the ball than the first team. If they could do the same comparitively in senior football, in the years to come, they would have a much better base to build from & a much better team ethic.

We don't really have a physical back 4 so we need it. If the first team could play the same way, they would be unbeatable, but they just don't have the workrate.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:34 pm

I am looking at CSKA - Roma and i still wonder how the hell did we manage to fuck up. They look so poor together, we should had been at least at 7 points, maybe even 9.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:04 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If we finished on the same points as CSKA, would it go on goal difference or head to head ?

Head to head, Ted.

Ta.
Surely then, a narrow victory by Roma is what we need ? Otherwise we could win the next two games & Bayern put their reserves in at home to CSKA & lose & we're out ?

Unless we are planning on bottling out again tonight & hoping a draw gets us through ?

We surely have to assume we need to win the two games, therefore if Roma win narrowly, it's completely in our hands; win 2, go through.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Head to head, Ted.

Ta.
Surely then, a narrow victory by Roma is what we need ? Otherwise we could win the next two games & Bayern put their reserves in at home to CSKA & lose & we're out ?

Unless we are planning on bottling out again tonight & hoping a draw gets us through ?

We surely have to assume we need to win the two games, therefore if Roma win narrowly, it's completely in our hands; win 2, go through.

True, but if CSKA and Roma draw 5pts each, we draw we're on 3

We beat Roma, BM beat CSKA, we're on 6, Roma 5, and CSKA 5

Now that would be sneaking through
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:46 pm

I realise that, but I don't understand why we are assuming Bayern would beat CSKA. We have already seen what refs can do for a start, so another last min pen could be on the cards, or Boateng gets himself sent off & it would be a completely dead game for Bayern & their fans; not like playing v one of the better teams. They could easily take their foot off the gas.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Ohhhh
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:53 pm

We could have been doing that last min in Rome at 0-0 & going through.

I'm not sure Bayern will come through v cska.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Ended 1-1 CSKA v Roma. We win last 2 games we are through. Still in our hands. Can even qualify with a draw tonight if we bt Roma away and Bayern bt CSKA
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:55 pm

God both of them were shite....why o why were we so afraid of them bags of shite. This group should be over.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:56 pm

nottsblue wrote:Ended 1-1 CSKA v Roma. We win last 2 games we are through. Still in our hands. Can even qualify with a draw tonight if we bt Roma away and Bayern bt CSKA

What about if cska beat bayern? Surely they will be ahead of us as they beat us?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Clowncrete » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I realise that, but I don't understand why we are assuming Bayern would beat CSKA. We have already seen what refs can do for a start, so another last min pen could be on the cards, or Boateng gets himself sent off & it would be a completely dead game for Bayern & their fans; not like playing v one of the better teams. They could easily take their foot off the gas.

How often do you see refs giving decisions against Bayern?
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I realise that, but I don't understand why we are assuming Bayern would beat CSKA. We have already seen what refs can do for a start, so another last min pen could be on the cards, or Boateng gets himself sent off & it would be a completely dead game for Bayern & their fans; not like playing v one of the better teams. They could easily take their foot off the gas.

How often do you see refs giving decisions against Bayern?

To get Russians through to the next round at the expense of City ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Spurge » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:Ended 1-1 CSKA v Roma. We win last 2 games we are through. Still in our hands. Can even qualify with a draw tonight if we bt Roma away and Bayern bt CSKA

If we lose tonight it is still possible we could go through isnt it? I know BBC agree with you (see below)but if we lose tonight both Roma and CSKA now have 5 we will have 2.

So if we lose tonight and then beat roma and bayern beat CSKA in the final round of games we will also be on 5 points along with both of them. How do they then decide who out of the 3 qualify - goal difference?

18:52
Good news for Manchester City and their supporters!
A last-minute goal from Vasili Berezutski has earned CSKA Moscow a 1-1 draw with Roma. The significance of that is that City will now NOT be eliminated tonight with a draw.
A win, or a draw, and City still have a chance of making the last 16. Defeat - and they're toast
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Spurge wrote:

If we lose tonight it is still possible we could go through isnt it? I know BBC agree with you (see below)but if we lose tonight both Roma and CSKA now have 5 we will have 2.

So if we lose tonight and then beat roma and bayern beat CSKA in the final round of games we will also be on 5 points along with both of them. How do they then decide who out of the 3 qualify - goal difference?

18:52
Good news for Manchester City and their supporters!
A last-minute goal from Vasili Berezutski has earned CSKA Moscow a 1-1 draw with Roma. The significance of that is that City will now NOT be eliminated tonight with a draw.
A win, or a draw, and City still have a chance of making the last 16. Defeat - and they're toast

If we end up level with CSKA, head to head counts first. so they go through
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Clowncrete » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:46 pm

Reposting:

Just a clarification. If all 3 teams finish on 5 points, the goal difference of all games BETWEEN the 3 teams is counted. So,our GD would be -1(1-1,2-2,1-2), Cska's would be -3 or something and Rome's GD would +4 or something. So we would have to win by a 3 goal margin in Rome if we lost tonight.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum