I have it on good authority MP will be leaving MCFC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: I have it on good authority MP will be leaving MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:57 am

I believe her/him. Whether it's true or not is another matter.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:04 am

I wont believe it until its in Cheshire Today!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:11 am

Sue Perb wrote:
john68 wrote:Sue Perb,

You were told a story that could have negative implications for the club you loyally support. It is a story that may or may not be true but it is also a story that could open the door to a lazy journo (or more) to pick up and run with and create more negative and destructive press for our club.

What do you do? Keep it to yourself, understanding that as a loyal fan, you should not release unfounded and unproveable negative rumours with all the attatched negative implications, or do you run to your PC and spill it all out into a public forum that can be viewed globally?

and Dub.....Sadly Mate...The Honourable Bert Trautmann was involved in a scandal....sorry to destroy your illusions...:-)

John68: I welcome and appreciate the 'spirit' of your 'critical friend feedback' ~ thank you!

My intention was to share worrying and disconcerting news with my fellow fans; in the way a family member shares his/her fears with their 'relatives'.

I accept, unequivocally, your suggestion that such news could be read by a MCFC protagonist, thus my message to fans could be misconstrued, shared vicariously in order to undermine and exacerbate the club's vulnerability, at this most challenging time.

I admit my naivity - mea culpa, I thought forums like ours, were populated by loyal, self-effacing and trustworthy supporters - I have learnt a lesson.

"Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom"
Frances Bacon

68 posts in 3 years is unimpressive to say the least, and a third of those may be in this thread. Sort of suggests a 'transient interest'.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Sue Perb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:12 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I believe her/him. Whether it's true or not is another matter.

I wouldn't ask or expect for anything more; your comment, Beefy, is 'spot on!'

There is irrefutably no harm intended in my original post. Nevertheless, I understand the potential ramifications of this apocryphal iteration, as defined by John68

Sorry!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 am

john68 wrote:and Dub.....Sadly Mate...The Honourable Bert Trautmann was involved in a scandal....sorry to destroy your illusions...:-)

He certainly was John. Thankfully I think he made his peace with the relevant parties before he passed.

As for "Sue Pherb" - the more you post in this thread, the more it descends it verbal bollox, soundbites & clichés.

"Bag o Shite." Paul Calf.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:41 am

Sue Perb wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I believe her/him. Whether it's true or not is another matter.

I wouldn't ask or expect for anything more; your comment, Beefy, is 'spot on!'

There is irrefutably no harm intended in my original post. Nevertheless, I understand the potential ramifications of this apocryphal iteration, as defined by John68

Sorry!

A WUM if I ever saw one.

Lay off with probing. And put the dictionary down, the Star newspaper won't mind.
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:14 am

Sue Perb wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Journo without a doubt.

As for that old cunt john68. See you before Xmas pal

OD, why are you so insistent I'm a journalist? I most definitely am not from the media!

I'm a working class, loyal BLUE who, like you, enjoys reading about and discussing my passion; MCFC.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” - Dr. Suess

"Falsehood is just as living as truth, if not more so" - Turgeniev.

As a side issue, I absolutely hate this thread.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blue-nova » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Sue Perb wrote:I understand it will become public quite soon.

It may be that MP has agreed to leave MCFC and that he is not contesting the club's ambitions to secure a new coach?

Remember when Keegan announced his departure date in advance. In someone's head it seemed like such a good plan - end any speculation, it's a mutual decision, he's retiring, everyone's happy.

Think he lasted a couple of weeks, filled with constant speculation, before he left.
My Man City quiz book (now in print as well as Kindle) still outselling the rags! I'll be able to afford a Balti pie soon!
Just published a Christmassy Football Joke and Quiz Book too!
blue-nova
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:34 pm

blue-nova wrote:
Sue Perb wrote:I understand it will become public quite soon.

It may be that MP has agreed to leave MCFC and that he is not contesting the club's ambitions to secure a new coach?

Remember when Keegan announced his departure date in advance. In someone's head it seemed like such a good plan - end any speculation, it's a mutual decision, he's retiring, everyone's happy.

Think he lasted a couple of weeks, filled with constant speculation, before he left.

The day it is announced a manger is leaving, is the day he should leave. Pretty much everyone knows this especially having seen what happened to Utd when Ferguson thought he was retiring to be a horse breeder.

Why would City announce it ? Nobody needs to know.

Bullshit.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:50 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
He certainly was John. Thankfully I think he made his peace with the relevant parties before he passed.

As for "Sue Pherb" - the more you post in this thread, the more it descends it verbal bollox, soundbites & clichés.

"Bag o Shite." Paul Calf.

Sue Verb.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:09 am

Unless it's this man.

or

Carry on count.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby twosips » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:21 am

This is a highly annoying thread and most likely utter bullshit. Bored of the pseudo-philosophical 'intellectual' nonsense of the original poster too.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Indeed Twosips.

You could say he/she was a "budding wordsworth".
Original Dub

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Just had a quick look on Bluemoon and no one there is suggesting it, which considering we're linked with every player on FIFA on that, including a few who don't really exist, I'd suggest says it all.

Personally, I think he will be gone at the end of the season and I think everyone can guess that getting dumped out at the group stages and not winning the league would lead to that, but I don't expect a formal announcement of it anytime soon
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum