I have it on good authority MP will be leaving MCFC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: I have it on good authority MP will be leaving MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Cannot see anything good in this if it is true, the season could nose dive big time, pretty sure we are better than allowing this to be a festering end for Pelllers.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 am

Hideous if true. Can't help but feel its not true primarily because if the powers that be have decided to dispense with Pellers and the players are reacting badly, then they wouldn't wait until the season is out. The season could go in the shitter very quickly if the squad is unhappy and though losing a manager is far from ideal, more damage could be done by keeping him.

I for one would be disgusted if he was sacked
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sue Perb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:13 am

This is headlining on BBC sport and the Mirror;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3JkMZHAGE

Might this be behind this rumour?
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:21 am

Sue Perb wrote:This is headlining on BBC sport and the Mirror;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3JkMZHAGE

Might this be behind this rumour?

You tell us, you started the rumour.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:47 am

I am not doubting your information OP but for me there is only two options that could be possible for this rumour to have a sniff of truth.

1. MP has decided it is time to go himself and informed the board to give them plenty of time to get looking for a replacement.

2. Pep is available and already signed up.

i dont believe that we have decided to get rid of MP at the end of the season with no continuity plan. Our management simply do not work in such a haphazard way. The decision to get rid of Mancini was made in Jan/Feb but a lid was kept on it and this was someone who openly criticised Txiki. Our management hand picked MP and have the utmost respect for him.

If option 1 is the scenario that has panned out, then i don't believe the players would have got a sniff of this until a replacement was lined up, so there is no way it would impact on form.

If option 2 is true, well i think MP always knew he was only keeping the seat warm for Pep (if he became available) but i always hoped that if this happened there would be a reshuffle but keeping MP on board, Maybe PV coming up to be Pep's assistant and MP managing the youth set up (semi retirement).
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:46 am

Well, the bosses had better have a superior replacement lined up.

Although, these are precisely the sort of rumours that circulate around us.

We'll see
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby phips » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:59 am

Sue Perb wrote:Regrettably, I have been told today, by very reliable sources at the club, Manuel will be leaving at the end of the season.

Apparently, the players also know this!

prove it.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:09 am

Van Ghoul will be able to console him then, considering he will have been out of work for three months by that time.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Sue Perb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:33 am

phips wrote:
Sue Perb wrote:Regrettably, I have been told today, by very reliable sources at the club, Manuel will be leaving at the end of the season.

prove it.

If it were that simple we'd all know by now.

Nonetheless, I do think there are some very credible explanations being proffered, in this thread, as to why the club have decided to change the coach!

Notwithstanding this, I do not purport to know the reasons behind this decision, only that MP will be leaving!

The suggestion MP is a party to this notion (and may have been from his inception as coach) has real veracity for me!

Put explicitly, as inferred, this may always have been MCFC's plan, subject to their long term target becoming available/interested.

Still find the idea upsetting and, don't believe such a strategy is the most appropriate or effective approach!

I'll be there tomorrow, as usual, cogitating this alleged outcome and hoping we start to turn our season around. CTID
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Mark Garrett » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:19 am

Interesting that in past couple of weeks, the media have been discussing Pellegrini going at end of the season and his potential replacements e.g. klopp, guardiola or simeone.

I never agreed with the appointment of Pellegrini, nor do I think he is an upgrade on Mancini, actually a downgrade imo, however, he has won the League and the League Cup and deserves longer in the job.

Doesn't sit easily with me that our manager may lose his job for not winning the League. Cannot win it every year. There should be a review in context at the end of each season.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby bigblue » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:03 am

a big drooping pair of superb bollox
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:23 am

bigblue wrote:a big drooping pair of superb bollox

Yes. If the players are playing badly cos MP is leaving then they must have known before the season started. We lost at home to Stoke in only the third game of the season. If it's cos Pep has already been lined up then why was Pep saying only last week that he would like to manage the Rags one day. This smells of a cheap guess to me. We all know MP only has one season left after this and the Champs league is a strong priority for the board. It's pretty obvious he will be assessed on this basis at the end of the season.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby ruralblue » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:32 am

Think this is a load of cods wallop. As if some rep of the club would be leaking this if it's true and if it were to bring someone else like Pep in, then no way on earth would the club be letting the players or MP know at this stage. Letting this out could wreck our season unless it is MP who has asked to leave at end of the season for personal reasons. Also if that were the case then surely the club would have the lid firmly shut on this.

Finally how does it come down to a board (sorry bored!) member to release this information? Papers are all over the forums these days sniffing out any snippets of information. So expect yourself to get quoted in the press in the next couple of days.

Twaddle
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:44 am

Messi on his way to England rumours doing the rounds aswell this morning ........ 2+2 = 5 ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:11 am

Sue Perb wrote:
phips wrote:

prove it.

Nonetheless, I do think there are some very credible explanations being proffered, in this thread, as to why the club have decided to change the coach!

Notwithstanding this, I do not purport to know the reasons behind this decision, only that MP will be leaving!

The suggestion MP is a party to this notion (and may have been from his inception as coach) has real veracity for me!

Put explicitly, as inferred, this may always have been MCFC's plan, subject to their long term target becoming available/interested.

Still find the idea upsetting and, don't believe such a strategy is the most appropriate or effective approach!

I'll be there tomorrow, as usual, cogitating this alleged outcome and hoping we start to turn our season around. CTID

What an enormous amount of hot aired horseshite you managed to squeeze into one post.

Hats off Sue.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:45 am

Who the fuck do I blame now!

Pellers for jumping ship?

The board for sacking him?

The players for not knowing what's happening?

Or the fans for not understanding?

Oh Lordy, it was all so simple under Swales!!!

And, bets on which paper uses the quotes as 'Inside Sources, From A Senior Official'?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:19 am

So some 'sources'at the club, have decided to let it out of the bag, that Pellegrini is going at the end of the season. They impart this information to a certain person, who appeared on here as a 'newbie' in August but has been posting since 2011..

Just in time for the Christmas period which decides whether we stay in the title race & everything else. And they don't bother to ask said person not to broadcast it on the internet. This is the same club from which getting info has been like getting blood out of a stone in recent years. All of a sudden we are back to Peter Swales style 'leaks'.

The players & staff know about it, but none of their mates who post on sites like Bluemoon or indeed on occasion here, know anything about it, & the media, who have taken every opportunity to make up stories about City just to stick the knife in, either haven't picked it up or don't bother reporting it.

Or the other scenario is: A City fan blurts it out just before we go into a make or beak period, against the wishes of those who provided the information, breaking their confidence.

In either case..

Why ?

I can think of a possible 3rd explanation. What was it Sherlock Holmes said ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:31 am

Stop moaning about some ill informed person on a wind up mission. Just lock the stupid thread and leave it at that.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby phips » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Sue Perb wrote:
phips wrote:

prove it.

Put explicitly, as inferred, this may always have been MCFC's plan, subject to their long term target becoming available/interested

prove it.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:07 pm

If we are keen to listen to the rumours, then, the manager is not Guardiola, but Klopp.

I've been looking into the german press this week for my job and i saw a lot of quotes from the Dortmund manager. I've asked around and it looks like those are the really first moments when Klopp talked about leaving Borussia and only a move in England would interest him.

So if we are going with this scenario, the manager has showed his first desire to leave from his club. But is he the longtime manager we are looking for? I have no idea. Dortmund looked terrible in the league, this year.

On the plus part, if he comes, there would more chances for us to land Reus.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum