I have it on good authority MP will be leaving MCFC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I have it on good authority MP will be leaving MCFC

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Regrettably, I have been told today, by very reliable sources at the club, Manuel will be leaving at the end of the season.

Apparently, the players also know this!

I think this is madness by the club, we absolutely need stability at this moment in the club's development.

I feel very disappointed in the club's hierarchy and simply can not understand their thinking!

MADNESS!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: I have it on good authority MP will be leaving MCFC

Postby Spurge » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Sue Perb wrote:Regrettably, I have been told today, by very reliable sources at the club, Manuel will be leaving at the end of the season.

Apparently, the players also know this!

I think this is madness by the club, we absolutely need stability at this moment in the club's development.

I feel very disappointed in the club's hierarchy and simply can not understand their thinking!

MADNESS!

And what is their view on this decision?
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Might it explain our current lack of high quality consistent performances?

Not sure, but something seems to be affecting the team's form?

What do you think?
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

Sue Perb

Postby PrezIke » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:35 pm

wow, fairly early days to be leaking this kind of information.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Sue Perb wrote:Might it explain our current lack of high quality consistent performances?

What do you think?

is the form due to this knowledge, or is this rumoured decision due to the team's form?

or none of the above...
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Clever retort; I favour the former rather than the later suggestion, sadly!!!

Sue Perb

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:40 pm

PrezIke wrote:wow, fairly early days to be leaking this kind of information.

Quite widely known within the club, allegedly (& sadly!)

Sue Perb

Postby Spurge » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Sue Perb wrote:Might it explain our current lack of high quality consistent performances?

What do you think?

well if the players are not in agreement with the clubs decision then yes it could explain the form - mind is instantly cast back to the 8-0 defeat at m'boro under Sven.

There is also an argument to say the players might step up their form to prove to powers that be that Pellers is the man for the job.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Spurge wrote:

What do you think?

well if the players are not in agreement with the clubs decision then yes it could explain the form - mind is instantly cast back to the 8-0 defeat at m'boro under Sven.

There is also an argument to say the players might step up their form to prove to powers that be that Pellers is the man for the job.

I'd vote for that strategy if the players chose to adopt it!

Sue Perb

Postby Herb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 pm

I've heard similar but it only has the strength of a word from a guy who knows a players rep - seemed an odd thing to be put about by a guy who has no interest in the topic but I can believe that it could be true because our owners will bring in better when better becomes available. However, I've heard nothing that can be relied on so I'm not getting excited about it.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Herb wrote:I've heard similar but it only has the strength of a word from a guy who knows a players rep - seemed an odd thing to be put about by a guy who has no interest in the topic but I can believe that it could be true because our owners will bring in better when better becomes available. However, I've heard nothing that can be relied on so I'm not getting excited about it.

I'm not getting excited at all; it's exactly the opposite of what we need at present!!!

Sue Perb

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:57 pm

A few thoughts.

- if it was this much common insider knowledge, then it would already have been all over the press a while ago. Press sources on such things run a lot deeper than what fans hear

- if there is truth in this and Pellegrini is already out, then the new manager is also already worded & locked up. Guardiola, Klopp, Moyes, Vieira, whoever

- I'm sceptical on this being true but would say its a fair bet given Pellegrinis age, City's backwards step in Europe and Guardiolas potential availability. Our Spanish higher ups have major wood for Pep, so if he was a possible they'd bin the incumbent at City for him at the drop of a plate of Patatas Bravas.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Herb wrote:I've heard similar but it only has the strength of a word from a guy who knows a players rep - seemed an odd thing to be put about by a guy who has no interest in the topic but I can believe that it could be true because our owners will bring in better when better becomes available. However, I've heard nothing that can be relied on so I'm not getting excited about it.

I'm not getting excited at all; it's exactly the opposite of what we need at present!!!

Sue Perb

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:A few thoughts.

- if it was this much common insider knowledge, then it would already have been all over the press a while ago. Press sources on such things run a lot deeper than what fans hear

- if there is truth in this and Pellegrini is already out, then the new manager is also already worded & locked up. Guardiola, Klopp, Moyes, Vieira, whoever

- I'm sceptical on this being true but would say its a fair bet given Pellegrinis age, City's backwards step in Europe and Guardiolas potential availability. Our Spanish higher ups have major wood for Pep, so if he was a possible they'd bin the incumbent at City for him at the drop of a plate of Patatas Bravas.

I understand it will become public quite soon.

It may be that MP has agreed to leave MCFC and that he is not contesting the club's ambitions to secure a new coach?

Sue Perb

Postby zuricity » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Sue Perb wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:A few thoughts.

I understand it will become public quite soon.

It may be that MP has agreed to leave MCFC and that he is not contesting the club's ambitions to secure a new coach?

Well i hope that when City get a new Coach. It's British made.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Ridiculous rumour I think. If they know now no sense in telling anyone and destroying the season. What idiot would do that and ruin both the team and fan's perspective on things just to let the manager and team know? You'd only do that if the Count was sick or just wanted out and told them he was out. And again the media would have unearthed this gem as well.

Bollox I say.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:22 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Ridiculous rumour I think. If they know now no sense in telling anyone and destroying the season. What idiot would do that and ruin both the team and fan's perspective on things just to let the manager and team know? You'd only do that if the Count was sick or just wanted out and told them he was out. And again the media would have unearthed this gem as well.

Bollox I say.

Cheers

They wonderful thing about football is that it's made up of fan's opinions and I respect yours!

Nothing would please me more that to have it confirmed that this 'alleged rumour' is, as you so eloquently describe - male genitalia!

Sadly, I believe not, IMHO, let's wait and see DM?

Sue Perb

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:24 pm

I heard all this when Mancini was manager, but by the time he left he was the fourth longest serving manager in the Prem. Yaya has been leaving every other week since he joined, but is now in his fifth season. This is utter, utter bollox. If MP was told he is leaving then he would have gone by now. Source? Kit man's uncle's brother's mate?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:36 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I heard all this when Mancini was manager, but by the time he left he was the fourth longest serving manager in the Prem. Yaya has been leaving every other week since he joined, but is now in his fifth season. This is utter, utter bollox. If MP was told he is leaving then he would have gone by now. Source? Kit man's uncle's brother's mate?

I understand your cynicism, I'd feel like that too.

Not the brother of the mother of a distance relative! Regrettably not; I wouldn't post on the basis of such a tenuous connection.

It's as much as I can report.

I really hope this is a monumental gaff by my source!!!
Last edited by Sue Perb on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sue Perb

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:36 pm

Sue Perb wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Ridiculous rumour I think. If they know now no sense in telling anyone and destroying the season. What idiot would do that and ruin both the team and fan's perspective on things just to let the manager and team know? You'd only do that if the Count was sick or just wanted out and told them he was out. And again the media would have unearthed this gem as well.

Bollox I say.

Cheers

They wonderful thing about football is that it's made up of fan's opinions and I respect yours!

Nothing would please me more that to have it confirmed that this 'alleged rumour' is, as you so eloquently describe - male genitalia!

Sadly, I believe not, IMHO, let's wait and see DM?

On the basis the press read football club forums it would be amazing if it wasn't all over the papers very very soon even if the best they can quote is the initial post here!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum