Lawro's gone CUCKOO

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro's gone CUCKOO

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:29 pm

The imposter pretending to be Lawro has completely lost the plot this week

BC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.
Lawro's opponent for this weekend's Premier League fixtures is actor Adil Ray, who stars as Citizen Khan in the eponymous BBC One sitcom.

Adil Ray says his character Citizen Khan is more of a cricket fan than a football follower
Ray is an Aston Villa fan, who is not enjoying their current struggles and predicts that they will be beaten by Southampton on Monday night.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29993756

Man City v Swansea

Nothing less than two wins will do for Manchester City from their next two games - first against Swansea and then Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Tuesday. It is important that Manuel Pellegrini starts by picking his best team against Swansea to get the points in the bag, then works out how to beat Bayern.

Yaya Toure will surely play for 90 minutes on Saturday because he is banned in Europe after his stupid red card against CSKA, and Pellegrini should tell him that he owes his team-mates, big-style.
Swansea will punish any defensive uncertainty by Manchester City, with Vincent Kompany still sidelined, but I can see Pellegrini's side winning comfortably.
I can actually see them beating Bayern too, because the German side are already through to the last 16 as group winners.

Lawro's prediction: 4-0
Adil's prediction: 3-1

Merson also predicts 4 goals

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... s-round-12

This should be a good game really as Swansea beat Arsenal last time out, while Man City are now in a position where they just have to win every game, draws are already no good and we have just started the season! City need to get three points, badly. For me, they have just got to concentrate on this game first, and then worry about Bayern Munich in the Champions League afterwards. I think they'll do that and get the points. Swansea did great to come back against Arsenal but I am going to go
3-1 to Man City.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro's gone CUCKOO

Postby City64 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:14 pm

Fuck me Lawro must be on drugs !

Kompany deffo fit and ready to play tomorrow aswell.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Lawro actually meant the 4-0 over the two games. 2-0 Swansea and 2-0 Munich.

The world can start spinning again
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:38 pm

I think that we will win 4-0
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:11 am

I certainly wouldn't call that sitcom eponymous - tedious maybe but not eponymous.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:36 am

Dameerto wrote:I certainly wouldn't call that sitcom eponymous - tedious maybe but not eponymous.

Yes ! Surely in today speak it would be 'Iconic' ?

I never understood how REM could call their Compilation of so-called 'Hits' Eponymous.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Return to The Maine Football forum