City v Swansea

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City v Swansea

Postby Mark Garrett » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Thought we might aswell start looking at the game on Saturday now that finally the end of the latest international break is in sight.

Injured and missing this game: Silva, Kompany, Dzeko, Kolarov

Bearing in mind - Yaya and Fernandinho are both suspended for Bayern in CL on Tuesday, I would leave Fernando on the bench.

Hart

Zabaleta
MDM
Mangala
Clichy

Navas
Yaya
Fernandinho
Milner

Nasri

Aguero

Think we will have to be patient, they will retain possession well and I think it is going to be a grounded out win if we are to get three points. Cannot see us blowing them away unless we get an early goal in the first 10 mins
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Re: City v Swansea

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Only one thing matters on Saturday. Three points. It doesn't matter how we play, how we win, just that we do. No injuries or red cards would be nice as well.

That said, I do think we will prevail. 2-0
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:Thought we might aswell start looking at the game on Saturday now that finally the end of the latest international break is in sight.

Injured and missing this game: Silva, Kompany, Dzeko, Kolarov

Bearing in mind - Yaya and Fernandinho are both suspended for Bayern in CL on Tuesday, I would leave Fernando on the bench.

Hart

Zabaleta
MDM
Mangala
Clichy

Navas
Yaya
Fernandinho
Milner

Nasri

Aguero

Think we will have to be patient, they will retain possession well and I think it is going to be a grounded out win if we are to get three points. Cannot see us blowing them away unless we get an early goal in the first 10 mins

I like the line up but, if fit to start, I would play Frankie behind Aguero and have Nasri instead of Milner.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mark Garrett » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Completely forgot about Frank Lampard being back from injury!

In that case I would put Milner to the right, leave Navas on the bench, Nasri wide left and put Lampard behind Sergio.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:Completely forgot about Frank Lampard being back from injury!

In that case I would put Milner to the right, leave Navas on the bench, Nasri wide left and put Lampard behind Sergio.

Save Lampard for the CL, Yaya's gonna be sat in the stands?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Isnt Toure away on the other side of the globe with Ivory Coast? Recent history tells us Pellegrini wont start with him after an international break.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:41 pm

Come on you Blue Bastards!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Isnt Toure away on the other side of the globe with Ivory Coast? Recent history tells us Pellegrini wont start with him after an international break.

He played today and the Ivory Coast qualified for the finals in Jan-Feb. He has rested him in the past after these games He may throw him in this time tho given he is not on duty against Munich next week.
South Stand Balti

Postby phips » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:26 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Isnt Toure away on the other side of the globe with Ivory Coast? Recent history tells us Pellegrini wont start with him after an international break.

He played today and the Ivory Coast qualified for the finals in Jan-Feb. He has rested him in the past after these games He may throw him in this time tho given he is not on duty against Munich next week.

id like to see Toure and Fernandinho start this weekend and Frank and Fernando (the CM pairing for Munich) rested
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:59 am

phips wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

id like to see Toure and Fernandinho start this weekend and Frank and Fernando (the CM pairing for Munich) rested

Jesus I hope not, Nando and Frank will be chasing shadows all night, hopefully he plays Milner centrally with them against Bayern.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:43 am

Tricky game, I think we need to be at our best to get the run started. Yaya and Ferna, have to start and empty the tank as they get a 7 day break when again we will need energy at the Saints. For me Saturday could be the start of our season or a long slog.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:23 am

nottsblue wrote:Only one thing matters on Saturday. Three points. It doesn't matter how we play, how we win, just that we do. No injuries or red cards would be nice as well.

That said, I do think we will prevail. 2-0

Spot on, although I'd settle for a 1-0 victory, no matter how scrappy or scruffy it was.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:21 am

It's a sell out on Saturday, so lets get behind the boys and give them a really good backing
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:50 pm

can see us conceding one, were looking more than a bit fragile back there at the moment, the back 4 always look like they are on thin ice, just waiting for the disaster to happen. Would be very happy with a 2-1. After recent form we just need to win a few to get a bit on momentum going.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Vinny trained today. It's still likely he will be held back for the Munich game but if fully recovered I would play him on Saturday. It's a more important game than Tuesday for me.
South Stand Balti

Postby phips » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:44 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Vinny trained today. It's still likely he will be held back for the Munich game but if fully recovered I would play him on Saturday. It's a more important game than Tuesday for me.

for me as well but not for Pellegrini. he firmly believes theres a long way to go in the league…and to some extent he's right…and he more than likely believes Munich is a MUST win
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:19 am

phips wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Vinny trained today. It's still likely he will be held back for the Munich game but if fully recovered I would play him on Saturday. It's a more important game than Tuesday for me.

for me as well but not for Pellegrini. he firmly believes theres a long way to go in the league…and to some extent he's right…and he more than likely believes Munich is a MUST win

If he broke down it could be months, the shit would hit the fans and the team. Either way it is two games in a week or even 3 for the last time this season if we lose.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:44 am

The important thing is that we will be coming up for this one.

Less important is that Alan Durham said he will be there for Talkshite. As we could only get tickets in the CB level 3 (usually East), I might meet him and give him a smack on the nose!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:28 am

john@staustell wrote:The important thing is that we will be coming up for this one.

Less important is that Alan Durham said he will be there for Talkshite. As we could only get tickets in the CB level 3 (usually East), I might meet him and give him a smack on the nose!

Right hook from you and please stick the boot in for me...for all those hours I endured him and Darren "I support Barnsley and Spurs and MK Dons" Gough whilst sat on the M6.

The thing with VK is he has had a few weeks out and time to rest, we withdrew him from International duty and we know he is back in full training, therefore, if he is in full training he is fit, no need to rest him.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:07 am

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:The important thing is that we will be coming up for this one.

Right hook from you and please stick the boot in for me...for all those hours I endured him and Darren "I support Barnsley and Spurs and MK Dons" Gough whilst sat on the M6.

The thing with VK is he has had a few weeks out and time to rest, we withdrew him from International duty and we know he is back in full training, therefore, if he is in full training he is fit, no need to rest him.

I always got the impression he is a secret, closet Scum lover as well.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum