New Wigan Manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

New Wigan Manager

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:03 pm

Malky McKay!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: New Wigan Manager

Postby PrezIke » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:10 pm

shameful decision.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Looks as though Wigan are now on line to become the next footballing superpower........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:15 pm

I've just had to switch from SSN, it was nauseating. 'Kick It Out' have already complained about the appointment and I'm pretty sure there's still an ongoing investigation regarding his comments.

Dave Whelan is a fruit-bat!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I've just had to switch from SSN, it was nauseating. 'Kick It Out' have already complained about the appointment and I'm pretty sure there's still an ongoing investigation regarding his comments.

It could be, Beefy, that they've now got the manager they deserve.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I've just had to switch from SSN, it was nauseating. 'Kick It Out' have already complained about the appointment and I'm pretty sure there's still an ongoing investigation regarding his comments.

I always used to think that you were innocent until proven guilty in Britain.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:21 pm

they'll sign ched evans next
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

How naive ;-)

The truth is that even Whelan said that Mackay had apologised and that during talks he had stated that he regretted everything that was said. Sort of implicates himself I feel.

Personally I thought it was all bravado stuff in a private conversation, and it should've stayed private, but that's not the nature of this world nowadays.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

How naive ;-)

The truth is that even Whelan said that Mackay had apologised and that during talks he had stated that he regretted everything that was said. Sort of implicates himself I feel.

Personally I thought it was all bravado stuff in a private conversation, and it should've stayed private, but that's not the nature of this world nowadays.

If Cardiff had been mid table and safe, would he still be there and nothing said.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

How naive ;-)

If Cardiff had been mid table and safe, would he still be there and nothing said.

Of course he wouldn't, integrity in this game is key. Just ask Blatter.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Yeah lets have that cunt back, & Fat Ron on commentary. Just what we need.

After all, sending a bunch of racist & homophobic texts could have just been accidental, each time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Yeah lets have that cunt back, & Fat Ron on commentary. Just what we need.

After all, sending a bunch of racist & homophobic texts could have just been accidental, each time.

TBF most people white men in football are probably either racist or homophobes or in his case a smidge of both. I don't think that's true in other sports like Cricket or Rugby or Baseball or Gridiron, but footballers are a special breed of retard on the whole, are they not? Find one that's only half retard instead of full on tard and we act like they fucking invented Stephen Hawking or are nuclear physicists.

When you have an IQ of 90 or less it's way more likely that yr a fucktard about social progress. And most of these cunts Mackay's age grew up in an era where their old man and his crew were probably half-assed racists at heart anyway, so....apples, trees as they say.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Yeah lets have that cunt back, & Fat Ron on commentary. Just what we need.

TBF most people white men in football are probably either racist or homophobes or in his case a smidge of both. I don't think that's true in other sports like Cricket or Rugby or Baseball or Gridiron, but footballers are a special breed of retard on the whole, are they not? Find one that's only half retard instead of full on tard and we act like they fucking invented Stephen Hawking or are nuclear physicists.

When you have an IQ of 90 or less it's way more likely that yr a fucktard about social progress. And most of these cunts Mackay's age grew up in an era where their old man and his crew were probably half-assed racists at heart anyway, so....apples, trees as they say.

cheers

I'm sure you are right.

I could discuss various angles & instances which imo are not all the same, on that subject.

But people are supposed to learn. Someone occasionally making a comment that some people define as racist is one thing. People were brought up differently, & some genuinely don't mean any harm or understand that they are doing something wrong. Some learn over time.

Using it to hurt, like Suarez, is imo well different. Or if you are somebody who looks at a picture & the first thing that enters your mind, is that you are looking at a bunch of non white faces, so you have to text your mates about it for a laugh. Really ? And you are the fucking manager, not some brain dead kid; really what message does it send out when some fucker like that is straight back in ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:28 pm

i hear Vincent Tan is about to release a tape in which McKay slags off players who have broken their legs in cup-finals, calling them 'stupid cunts'. This could get nasty....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:35 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:i hear Vincent Tan is about to release a tape in which McKay slags off players who have broken their legs in cup-finals, calling them 'stupid cunts'. This could get nasty....

Chortling
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:23 am

Still reckon that Tan got rid of Mackay and his mates because they were trying to rip him off big style. Wouldn't it be a shame if he tried to do the same to Wigan
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:41 am

Garry Cook's position became untenable due to a misdirected e-mail containing the word 'ravished', which was in bad taste & rather cruel.

This bloke gets offered the Wigan job:

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.' On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers' On football agent Phil Smith

'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted' On an official of another club

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.' On a list of potential signings

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.' On a player's female agent

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to Jail" square) Sent to members of Cardiff's staff

Perhaps he should apply for the CSKA job if he does ok at Wigan.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:05 am

Wigan have the manager Whelan deserves. The appointment has also led to a flood of media interest around that place and nobody in football loves a microphone more than Dave Whelan, so he will be revelling in it.

Over the next month we will no doubt be subjected to Whelan's views on everything in the world, and of course his you know what, in the FA Cup final that he doesn't lie to dwell on.

Mackay is still under FA investigation isn't he? Hopefully some further punishment should follow. Given Alan Pardew nutted an opposition player, and yet still kept his job, Mackay's appointment can hardly be a surprise in the football world.

Mackay's a scumbag, but sadly theres plenty of them in football. The good thing is that hes been publicly exposed as a scumbag now so whatever he does, the stench of those texts and his time at Cardiff will always follow him.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:43 am

Personal issues aside, I think he is the manager to turn the ship around for Wigan.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby twosips » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:17 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Garry Cook's position became untenable due to a misdirected e-mail containing the word 'ravished', which was in bad taste & rather cruel.

This bloke gets offered the Wigan job:

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.' On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers' On football agent Phil Smith

'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted' On an official of another club

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.' On a list of potential signings

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.' On a player's female agent

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to Jail" square) Sent to members of Cardiff's staff

Perhaps he should apply for the CSKA job if he does ok at Wigan.

Christ - had no idea they were that bad. I know a fair few odious 'lad' 'banter' types but even they wouldn't go as far as some of them. Proper dark ages stuff. I'd feel well embarrassed if I was sent that monopoly one, never mind being the one who sent it.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum