International games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: International games

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:27 pm

best goal of the night, not counting the own goal.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:28 pm

That was good football.

Since they scored, the England players have started actually playing as if they want to win.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:28 pm

I actually think welbeck has been our best player!!! Says a lot about England
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:Let the rooney wankfest begin ffs

I don't like to mention it as I'll come across bitter but did anybody else feel there were a touch of theatrics with that dive penalty?

I didn't want to mention it, as I'd come across too Irish, but there was more than a hint of it.

Have to say though, I think you deserve to be in front.

The first half was just about possession but no work for their keeper. Since the shuffle in the second half we've got players who enjoy their natural role instead of square pegs in round holes. We've had too much of that down the years and Roy needs to take note, not try to reinvent the wheel.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Bad mistake from Clyne, I hope he's not getting complacent.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:34 pm

dick dastardley wrote:I actually think welbeck has been our best player!!! Says a lot about England

I hate to say this out loud but since he hit the scene I've always thought that Welbeck has got what it takes, even to the point of arguing the fact with a Rag. He used to call him Well-Black by the way.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:35 pm

And Milner gets a token ten minutes. You bastard Roy.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Dameerto wrote:Bad mistake from Clyne, I hope he's not getting complacent.

He's made the England team, it's now only natural for him to not fulfil his potential.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:36 pm

And on comes Milner, as a prelude to getting the shit kicked out of him by Scots in a pointless friendly whilst others have a rest.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Dameerto wrote:And Milner gets a token ten minutes. You bastard Roy.

Keeps him fresh.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:38 pm

He's better than ten minutes, a lot better.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Advert on the side congratulating Rooney on 100 caps, from Mars Bars.

Probably the next one to appear will be from Benson & Hedges and another from Help The Aged.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Sterling goes off. Poor little sod looked tired.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Advert on the side congratulating Rooney on 100 caps, from Mars Bars.

Probably the next one to appear will be from Benson & Hedges and another from Help The Aged.

the mr potato ads that they have at the swamp always make me think of wooney
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Gasps from the crowd as Smalling comes on.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Both central defenders and both fullbacks that have fucked up in the match now. If we'd been up against an intelligent agile forward we could have been in trouble.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:46 pm

I smalling comes on in an england shirt, ycmiu
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I don't like to mention it as I'll come across bitter but did anybody else feel there were a touch of theatrics with that dive penalty?

I didn't want to mention it, as I'd come across too Irish, but there was more than a hint of it.

The first half was just about possession but no work for their keeper. Since the shuffle in the second half we've got players who enjoy their natural role instead of square pegs in round holes. We've had too much of that down the years and Roy needs to take note, not try to reinvent the wheel.

I've not been on this forum long, but I've said it a couple of times already. England aren't as bad as some of you make out. Football support is tribal and I think this carries into your support of the national team.
Management is a problem but in general you do have decent players. When I say decent, bear in mind the perspective I'm coming from. Two successive Irish managers have Ireland playing the kind of shite they do, because they just don't trust that we have the players to do anything else.
England has enough players that can play something that resembles football. You've decent youth that needs to be given a chance.
At least you have hope.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:51 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I've not been on this forum long, but I've said it a couple of times already. England aren't as bad as some of you make out. Football support is tribal and I think this carries into your support of the national team.
Management is a problem but in general you do have decent players. When I say decent, bear in mind the perspective I'm coming from. Two successive Irish managers have Ireland playing the kind of shite they do, because they just don't trust that we have the players to do anything else.
England has enough players that can play something that resembles football. You've decent youth that needs to be given a chance.
At least you have hope.

That doesn't mean we haven't been shit.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

At least you have hope.

We have been blaming our managers for 40 years. Please, no more! The players are not good enough. The squad we took to the World Cup was easily the worst I have seen. I know england are not the worst team in the world but we are a long way short of being contenders.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum