Mancini Offered Inter Milan Job

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini Offered Inter Milan Job

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:09 am

aaron bond wrote:If he has indeed been offered the job, and decides to take it, then good luck to him.

Despite his success with us, he still seems to generate mixed opinion with City fans.

Watching us win the FA Cup at Wembley will always be one of the best days of my life. Then some of the football we played in our title winning season was phenomenal. We did lose our way a bit in the second half of the season, but we rebounded in the best way and Mancini handled the media brilliantly, and Fergie in particular.

He may occasionally upset some characters, but he does win trophies wherever he manages and his methodical process of establishing a strong defence and then building up a strong attack was exactly the right strategy for us.

When we parted ways with him, it was the right move as his time was clearly up with us, but that doesn't take away an incredible few years with us (even if his final year was underwhelming).

I think that's very fair comment.

He did exactly what was needed, & put us right where we wanted to be, then seriously needed sacking as he was pulling us back to pieces.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
aaron bond wrote:If he has indeed been offered the job, and decides to take it, then good luck to him.

Despite his success with us, he still seems to generate mixed opinion with City fans.

Watching us win the FA Cup at Wembley will always be one of the best days of my life. Then some of the football we played in our title winning season was phenomenal. We did lose our way a bit in the second half of the season, but we rebounded in the best way and Mancini handled the media brilliantly, and Fergie in particular.

He may occasionally upset some characters, but he does win trophies wherever he manages and his methodical process of establishing a strong defence and then building up a strong attack was exactly the right strategy for us.

When we parted ways with him, it was the right move as his time was clearly up with us, but that doesn't take away an incredible few years with us (even if his final year was underwhelming).

He did exactly what was needed, & put us right where we wanted to be, then seriously needed sacking as he was pulling us back to pieces.[/quote
A club legend who fucked up the scum and the millions of fans, who will never forget that. Pity some just pick out the negatives, which I do not get, the players must share take some responsibility. The 6-1 and beating them at Wembley the greatest of days to be a blue. Good luck to him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:14 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

He did exactly what was needed, & put us right where we wanted to be, then seriously needed sacking as he was pulling us back to pieces.[/quote
A club legend who fucked up the scum and the millions of fans, who will never forget that. Pity some just pick out the negatives, which I do not get, the players must share take some responsibility. The 6-1 and beating them at Wembley the greatest of days to be a blue. Good luck to him.

Good points hazy, If being sacked after losing an FA Cup final by a late , late goal is not good enough well then....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:25 am

Roberto Mancini - City Legend.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blues2win » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:38 am

Won't forget the FA Cup plus the first League title since 1968 nor the cricket score against the rags at the swamp. His confrontation with bacon face on the touch line still makes me smile. When he went though he'd completely lost the squad as so obviously shown in the Cup final against Wigan so he had to go but that doesn't mean we should forget his real achievements here. Good luck to you Roberto.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:44 am

As Inter's crew are some of the main bunches of cunts behind pressing Platini for FFP, along with AC Milan etc, can we lay off the 'wishing him luck' bit ?

I hope they never win another fucking game & go out of business, along with their slimey fucking neighbours.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:53 am

Ted Hughes wrote:As Inter's crew are some of the main bunches of cunts behind pressing Platini for FFP, along with AC Milan etc, can we lay off the 'wishing him luck' bit ?

I hope they never win another fucking game & go out of business, along with their slimey fucking neighbours.

Mmmmm.

You're either adhering to the premise of 'never following a multitude into folly', or just trying to be different for it's own sake.

Interesting.......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:02 am

Ted Hughes wrote:As Inter's crew are some of the main bunches of cunts behind pressing Platini for FFP, along with AC Milan etc, can we lay off the 'wishing him luck' bit ?

You can say that of any team at the top but as Inter aren't in our league, or the CL, then I can't see why we wouldn't want one of our greatest, and much loved managers going onto be successful with a club we have no real competition against.

Fuck them all, yes, but there's a level within there that needs to be appreciated.

Now, if he turned up at the Rags, then that's a completely different matter!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:04 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Mmmmm.

You're either adhering to the premise of 'never following a multitude into folly', or just trying to be different for it's own sake.

Interesting.......

The harm that Mancini did to Ted was equivalent to Roberto bending him over, forgetting to lube and then refusing to give him a reach-round.

Strange analogy but eh, that's me ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:16 am

Well you can laugh & suck the dicks of club owners who have tried to fuck us over if you want, but Inter can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned.

They are one of the originators of this shite, along with Berlusconi & they can all fuck off & die.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:24 pm

zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Good points hazy, If being sacked after losing an FA Cup final by a late , late goal is not good enough well then....

City under Mancini started this pain they now feel, if I had recorded a red in my office yesterday I would have sold it as a download for shed loads he was hilarious. That is his legacy and for that I would not oppose a statue of him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:40 pm

I like Milan more, but i wish Bobby good luck.

Dunno why, but since Moratti sold Inter to that asian guy, they look shady as hell. Weird transfers and investments.

Still, Guarin looks good.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:56 pm

PeterParker wrote:I like Milan more, but i wish Bobby good luck.

Dunno why, but since Moratti sold Inter to that asian guy, they look shady as hell. Weird transfers and investments.

Still, Guarin looks good.

Inter are fucked and if Mancini can do something there he will have done well.

Very strange situation when these things happen yet it's the likes of us who are seen to be ruining the game.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Must say i am in the camp that knows Mancini was a legend for us and for that I will follow his career with interest and hope he does well. Unless its at the rags or dippers.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:41 pm

I wouldn't have Bobby back i'd obviously buy the guy a drink but getting him back as our boss fuck that.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby bigblue » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:10 am

love Pellers but still miss the fight that Mancini had and how he egged on the rags in the press. Can't think of another manager to be able to get under taggart's skin as well as Roberto. Pardew would never had stepped to Roberto the way he did to Pellers, because Bob would have floored him.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:17 am

bigblue wrote:love Pellers but still miss the fight that Mancini had and how he egged on the rags in the press. Can't think of another manager to be able to get under taggart's skin as well as Roberto. Pardew would never had stepped to Roberto the way he did to Pellers, because Bob would have floored him.

Nice thought.

That would have been something worth seeing, though Bob would probably have been banned from the touchline for a season or more.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:47 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
bigblue wrote:love Pellers but still miss the fight that Mancini had and how he egged on the rags in the press. Can't think of another manager to be able to get under taggart's skin as well as Roberto. Pardew would never had stepped to Roberto the way he did to Pellers, because Bob would have floored him.

Nice thought.

That would have been something worth seeing, though Bob would probably have been banned from the touchline for a season or more.

Nahhh, Bob would've told him that he's got shit hair and then done the Lobster dance.

Oh, and keep this to yourself, a little birdy has told me that Pellers is off at the end of the season, can we have Bobby back?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:07 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Nice thought.

Nahhh, Bob would've told him that he's got shit hair and then done the Lobster dance.

Oh, and keep this to yourself, a little birdy has told me that Pellers is off at the end of the season, can we have Bobby back?

What is this?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Do you lot remember when Bobby was after Moyes at that 0-2?

Comedy.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum