Why Guardiola?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why Guardiola?

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:55 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:if we want to win the champs league with our current squad we would need a manager like pep or bourinho tbh.

Whatever, we would need two or three more top players to win it imo. The ones we have are unlikely to all perform to their full ability without some new ones to freshen it up. Too used to failure in that competition
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:45 pm

For me, Guardiola ruined a bit Bayern, they look boring with him. With Heynckes, they looked fearless, like they could score 6 past against any defence out there.

Guardiola has a big issues here, he doesn't know the league. I trip to Stoke is not similar as a trip to Elche or Werder. Plus, Barcelona and Bayern are teams that have some kind of biased ref in their favour, while we don't. We are a team that was refused 5 penalties clear as day in a derby.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john68 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:33 am

Hazy,

I possibly didn't explain myself clearly enough, My problem wasn't that players returning from the World Cup would be tired mentallyandphysically, it wasa criticism of the way we mismanaged our pre-season and returnees. Players not being ready for the start of the season, when other clubs' players were.

Now you can just agree...:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:58 am

john68 wrote:Hazy,

I possibly didn't explain myself clearly enough, My problem wasn't that players returning from the World Cup would be tired mentallyandphysically, it wasa criticism of the way we mismanaged our pre-season and returnees. Players not being ready for the start of the season, when other clubs' players were.

Now you can just agree...:-)

I will come back to you on that in two weeks.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:54 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

That would be more realistic than knee jerk sackings etc imo, a natural succession in the future.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum