the fifa corruption report

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the fifa corruption report

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:51 pm

Chuck Blazer.....world famous secret agent will get them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:21 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Chuck Blazer.....world famous secret agent will get them.

There's been a lot of talk lately surrounding Chuck Blazer and the FBI. FIFA must've been very naive to think that embarrassing the Americans would just be another day at the office.

Saying that, either it's naivety or sheer arrogance to report what has just happened.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:37 am

Not worth a thread of its own, but possibly here isn't the right place to post it either:

Having a look at Portugal's group in the Euro Qualifications, the cancellation of the Serbia-Albania game, and subsequent awarding of a 3-0 win to Serbia while also docking them 3 points, has given Portugal one hell of a helping hand, considering their poor start to the campaign...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Not worth a thread of its own, but possibly here isn't the right place to post it either:

Having a look at Portugal's group in the Euro Qualifications, the cancellation of the Serbia-Albania game, and subsequent awarding of a 3-0 win to Serbia while also docking them 3 points, has given Portugal one hell of a helping hand, considering their poor start to the campaign...

It's all relative mate as they all feed out of the same trough. UEFA had a hand in voting the Qatar bid in and the fact that Platini allows anything to go, as long as it aides the French FA, just shows that the game is corrupt at all levels.

Remember the Henry handball against Ireland? The fact that UEFA had to amend the rules just to get France there should have spoke volumes of their intent but for the ref/lino first to miss the offside and then the handball just confirmed everyone's suspicions.

It's fucking rife from the world stage down to grass roots, it's just a matter of how much we're willing to take. Football gets an easy ride when it comes to regulations as the law makers have to tread carefully due to the relationship with the people who support them but it's high time that those that are now arrogantly abusing their position, with the whole world watching, are brought to task, whichever association they head-up.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:44 am

"We were always confident that there could be nothing which would come out from this investigation," said Alexey Sorokin, the head of Russia's 2018 World Cup organising committee.

Hahaha.

Nicely worded.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:20 pm

The major european countries should tell FIFA to stick the 2022 World Cup where the sun don't shine. Without them there wouldn't be a World Cup worthy of the name. They won't of course. The FA were clearly guilty of pathetic minor sleaze but Bin Hammam's behaviour was of a different order. We can only hope the FBI continue to try to get to the bottom of this disgraceful business. I'm not holding my breath.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:02 am

blues2win wrote:The major european countries should tell FIFA to stick the 2022 World Cup where the sun don't shine. Without them there wouldn't be a World Cup worthy of the name. They won't of course. The FA were clearly guilty of pathetic minor sleaze but Bin Hammam's behaviour was of a different order. We can only hope the FBI continue to try to get to the bottom of this disgraceful business. I'm not holding my breath.

Dr Reinhard Rauball, head of the German League, has now come out and stated that FIFAs actions have left them in a very uncompromising position and that UEFA now need to look at whether FIFA are in any position to manage world football. As Germany weren't really affected by this it goes to show that other nations are seeing this as a real issue and the level of distrust is at saturation point.

I've mentioned earlier how FIFA have taken the power away from the real footballing nations by buying those 3rd tier football nations with promise of grants and facilities. The head members of these near non-footballing nations are also given star treatment to ensure their votes are cast the right way, a vote of equal importance that puts the whole voting process into question.

To top all that you've then still got the political vote to deal with. I still remember reading a quote from the Argentinian member where he said that he couldn't vote for the USA or England unless England gave the Falklands back. What the fuck is this, Eurovision!!!

One good thing that may come of all this is that Blatter won't get another term. He's ensured that nobody stands against him in the past and there's still no candidate again. At the moment he's planned it so nobody runs and he's asked to stay on by default but this whole incident should put paid to that little scenario. And if it doesn't, we should just bomb the fuck out of FIFA HQ.

Simples.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:15 am

Ted Hughes wrote:"We were always confident that there could be nothing which would come out from this investigation," said Alexey Sorokin, the head of Russia's 2018 World Cup organising committee.

Hahaha.

Nicely worded.

It is an interesting one how FIFA officials came to that conclusion. The fact that the Russian officials declined to take part in the investigation with all evidence of their bidding being wiped, makes a real mockery of the process.

Nothing could come out because nothing was submitted, which should have had a huge red flag next to it. Instead FIFA somehow decided that their decision was justified and correct.

This whole thing winds me up like fuck but in a way, it vindicates what many have been saying all along.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:02 am

blues2win wrote:The major european countries should tell FIFA to stick the 2022 World Cup where the sun don't shine. Without them there wouldn't be a World Cup worthy of the name. They won't of course. The FA were clearly guilty of pathetic minor sleaze but Bin Hammam's behaviour was of a different order. We can only hope the FBI continue to try to get to the bottom of this disgraceful business. I'm not holding my breath.

I don't know why this isn't desirable, possible, & actually quite simple to do, for 2018, never mind 2022.

Plenty of countries would be happy to host a competition for a start, so that's not a problem.

If the main countries of Europe came to a decision that they were no longer willing to work with these people, then they could see which other countries in Europe & around the world, followed their lead. I'm not sure Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay would prefer to continue with FIFA if the best teams had pulled out. I'd be surprised if most countries didn't just jump ship, & then if you are looking for people to organise it, I bet 90% of the people on the ground who actually do all the day to day work on stuff related to it, would be happy to jump ship from FIFA & do exactly that, provided there was some kind of sponsorship involved, & all the sponsors apart from Russians & Qataris, would be happy to jump ship with it.

So you end up with most of the working organisation of FIFA, apart from the most corrupt parts, most of the countries, apart from those who are closely tied to corruption, & no Russia. Fucking result. I don't know why any of us in the world have those cunts remotely involved in anything in any of our countries anyway, they are fucking poison.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:15 am

There's gonna be some serious fall-out from this and with FIFA being driven by sponsors it could be very hard for them to continue, as without the partners that are there due to the Euro/American/Austral-asian leagues, they start to lose the money that funds their bribing ways.

FIFA have tried to divert the blame from themselves and have banked on the rest of the world disliking the likes of England et al, knowing that their sweetners to the smaller partners would still give them the power the need to remain. What they haven't banked on is that the countries they have upset in this, and the fact that they've now pushed the boundaries too far, will surely not take it lying down.

You don't embarrass a superpower like the USA without consequences, or embarrass royalty without understanding that their will be some form of recrimination.

The sooner FIFA is brought to book the better and I for one will be watching with interest to what the fall-out is going to be.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blue-nova » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The sooner FIFA is brought to book the better and I for one will be watching with interest to what the fall-out is going to be.

I'm hopeful, given that Germany have finally raised the possibility of leaving FIFA (a bluff I suspect), but then again corruption always seems to always find a way.

Fast forward four years and I can still see Putin be hugging Blatter at the opening of a Russian World Cup. Like the Winter Olympics, billions will have disappeared into some very deep pockets.
My Man City quiz book (now in print as well as Kindle) still outselling the rags! I'll be able to afford a Balti pie soon!
Just published a Christmassy Football Joke and Quiz Book too!
blue-nova
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Dr Reinhard Rauball, head of the German League, has now come out and stated that FIFAs actions have left them in a very uncompromising position and that UEFA now need to look at whether FIFA are in any position to manage world football. As Germany weren't really affected by this it goes to show that other nations are seeing this as a real issue and the level of distrust is at saturation point.

I've mentioned earlier how FIFA have taken the power away from the real footballing nations by buying those 3rd tier football nations with promise of grants and facilities. The head members of these near non-footballing nations are also given star treatment to ensure their votes are cast the right way, a vote of equal importance that puts the whole voting process into question.

To top all that you've then still got the political vote to deal with. I still remember reading a quote from the Argentinian member where he said that he couldn't vote for the USA or England unless England gave the Falklands back. What the fuck is this, Eurovision!!!

One good thing that may come of all this is that Blatter won't get another term. He's ensured that nobody stands against him in the past and there's still no candidate again. At the moment he's planned it so nobody runs and he's asked to stay on by default but this whole incident should put paid to that little scenario. And if it doesn't, we should just bomb the fuck out of FIFA HQ.

Simples.

That will explain why everyone in Zürich received Nuclear fallout tablets in the post this week from the Council.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:There's gonna be some serious fall-out from this and with FIFA being driven by sponsors it could be very hard for them to continue, as without the partners that are there due to the Euro/American/Austral-asian leagues, they start to lose the money that funds their bribing ways.

FIFA have tried to divert the blame from themselves and have banked on the rest of the world disliking the likes of England et al, knowing that their sweetners to the smaller partners would still give them the power the need to remain. What they haven't banked on is that the countries they have upset in this, and the fact that they've now pushed the boundaries too far, will surely not take it lying down.

You don't embarrass a superpower like the USA without consequences, or embarrass royalty without understanding that their will be some form of recrimination.

The sooner FIFA is brought to book the better and I for one will be watching with interest to what the fall-out is going to be.

Holy shit. Let's hold hands and kill ISIS together. You're like the Winston fucking Churchill of the board!

We got this.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:51 am

Good on ya and well said David Bernstein.

On the beeb sports web site.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:46 am

zuricity wrote:Good on ya and well said David Bernstein.

No Link?

Just heard him on the Beeb and he talks sense. If the ex-head of the FA is saying this then you know that what he says is the truth.

Meanwhile, Bernstein has resigned from Fifa's anti-discrimination taskforce.

He described it as "ineffectual" and wishes to end his ties with the organisation.

In an exclusive interview, the 71-year-old also said:

Fifa is a "totalitarian" set-up that reminds him of "the old Soviet empire" and is "beyond ridicule".

The credibility of football is "suffering enormously" under the current Fifa regime.

Choosing Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup was "one of the most ludicrous decisions in the history of sport".

Fifa president Sepp Blatter will remain in power "unless someone does something about it".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:54 am

Bernstein was fantastic for us but whichever you tart it up at the end of the day he is just like all other ex FA Chairmen, ranting and raving after they don't have to do anything. Why the hell didn't he say or do anything whilst he was FA Chairman? Utter bollox from him I'm afraid to say, just like all the others.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:50 am

Tbf, if he's head of the FA & he starts talking about pulling out of the World Cup, he is almost setting policy & making a decision on behalf of a lot of people. As a private individual, he is just expressing an opinion. Plus, that was prior to this report coming out (or not coming out).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:05 am

Oh I get that but like all those before (and probabaly after) they say feck all when in the job .... bloody football politicians the lot of em!

I really can't see the French, German, Spanish etc FA's agreeing to a boycot anyway ... we are becoming as otracised in football as much as we are in other areas of bolloxtics sadly ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

Chinners wrote:Oh I get that but like all those before (and probabaly after) they say feck all when in the job .... bloody football politicians the lot of em!

I really can't see the French, German, Spanish etc FA's agreeing to a boycot anyway ... we are becoming as otracised in football as much as we are in other areas of bolloxtics sadly ...

Totally agree with regard to DB. He will have known exactly how these things work but turned a blind eye. Just one of many I'm afraid, it's engrained into the culture and it will take a strong personality with a few morals to change the intrinsic nature that is a stain on our game.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:20 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:Good on ya and well said David Bernstein.

No Link?

Just heard him on the Beeb and he talks sense. If the ex-head of the FA is saying this then you know that what he says is the truth.

Meanwhile, Bernstein has resigned from Fifa's anti-discrimination taskforce.

He described it as "ineffectual" and wishes to end his ties with the organisation.

In an exclusive interview, the 71-year-old also said:

Fifa is a "totalitarian" set-up that reminds him of "the old Soviet empire" and is "beyond ridicule".

The credibility of football is "suffering enormously" under the current Fifa regime.

Choosing Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup was "one of the most ludicrous decisions in the history of sport".

Fifa president Sepp Blatter will remain in power "unless someone does something about it".

Sorry no link because the BEEB website on my android samsung doesn't allow the copy and paste of text or links. Couldn't find it on
the normal website this am.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum