Ched Evans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ched Evans

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:49 am

ruralblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
halnone wrote:don't think he was guilty in the firs place

based on hearing all the evidence i presume?

Well known that a Jury only hears 2/3rds of Amy case and the rest is political argument and brokering deals. Only people who will truly ever know what happened are this who were in that room. Yet when someone torally proclaims innocence and sticks with their version of events all along then it casts an element of doubt to both sides.

Following that logic, practically every guilty verdict is doubtful. It's up to his defence team to make sure anything that casts doubt on his conviction comes out in open court. Prisons are full of people who, if not protesting their innocence, make excuses for their behaviour or minimise their crime ("I might be a rapist, but I'm not a paedo, so I'm not so bad after all.")

There are many crimes where the punishment doesn't end with the serving of the sentence. Would you be happy if a convicted fraudster was handling your pension?

Sorry lads (and I'm guessing it's all lads), I don't see why footballers are special.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:54 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
john68 wrote:Regarding that list of jobs; many of those jobs bring the accused/guilty person into direct contact with vulnerable members of society, who we have a duty to protect. Beyond that, he has a human right to continue his life now as a free man.

Agreed. But (and playing Devil's Advocate here) doesn't being a professional footballer bring you regularly in contact with minors (under 18s breaking into the first team squad) as well as youth players and vulnerable people at community and charity events? Will any team signing him be required to provide proven safety measures to stop this happening?

Well presumably he doesn't want to rape all and sundry. If the Blades start signing drunken teenage girls then there's a risk, otherwise...
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Scatman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:00 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
halnone wrote:don't think he was guilty in the firs place

based on hearing all the evidence i presume?

Well known that a Jury only hears 2/3rds of Amy case and the rest is political argument and brokering deals. Only people who will truly ever know what happened are this who were in that room. Yet when someone torally proclaims innocence and sticks with their version of events all along then it casts an element of doubt to both sides.

Following that logic, practically every guilty verdict is doubtful. It's up to his defence team to make sure anything that casts doubt on his conviction comes out in open court. Prisons are full of people who, if not protesting their innocence, make excuses for their behaviour or minimise their crime ("I might be a rapist, but I'm not a paedo, so I'm not so bad after all.")

There are many crimes where the punishment doesn't end with the serving of the sentence. Would you be happy if a convicted fraudster was handling your pension?

Sorry lads (and I'm guessing it's all lads), I don't see why footballers are special.

Why make this particular footballer special then?

There are rules to stop convicted sex offenders working with vulnerable groups. There are rules to stop convicted fraudsters working in the regulated financial industry. The reasons don't need explaining.

There are no rules to stop professional footballers who have been convicted of rape from pursuing their profession because the risk of them carrying out further rapes is no greater whether they do or they don't.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:48 pm

Dameerto wrote:Justice isn't enough these days, people want vengeance. I think we're around a couple of years away from a 'Running Man'/'Hunger Games' scenario.

When people finally see sense and I'm made world leader, that's the top of my list....Ill sort out the fuckign beggars and uni cunts in the UK and elsewhere once and for all.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:13 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
john68 wrote:Regarding that list of jobs; many of those jobs bring the accused/guilty person into direct contact with vulnerable members of society, who we have a duty to protect. Beyond that, he has a human right to continue his life now as a free man.

Agreed. But (and playing Devil's Advocate here) doesn't being a professional footballer bring you regularly in contact with minors (under 18s breaking into the first team squad) as well as youth players and vulnerable people at community and charity events? Will any team signing him be required to provide proven safety measures to stop this happening?

Well presumably he doesn't want to rape all and sundry. If the Blades start signing drunken teenage girls then there's a risk, otherwise...

In the UK, I think there's a Sex Offender's Register, and if you're on it, there's a blanket ban on working with kids and 'vulnerable' people, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, or anything. I'm not sure if Evans will be on the Register or not, as I'm not sure if you're automatically added for all sex offences. I know of a case of a guy who got put on it for sleeping with his 15 year old girlfriend when he was 17 because she was 'under his responsibility' in the Navy or Air Cadets, and that bans him from working in the Cadets for life.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:46 pm

There is no law against him carrying on his career, so whatever the opinion of each individual, it's purely down to the people involved to make a decision.

Sheffield fans may feel that they don't want such a character playing for their team & ultimately they may make it impossible for him, but Lee Hughes got away with murder. Then they may feel that the actions of Evans & his friends, & indeed the girl involved, are not unique & that there are plenty of footballers, & the people who hang around them, who have taken part in similar activities, the only difference being that the 'victim' has not felt the incident merited police involvement when she, or he, recovered from the effects of alcohol/drugs etc. Some, on both sides, have probably done it again. If you laid it all out in the open, I recon you will find that a percentage of people who play for your international teams, favourite musicians, tv personalities, etc etc, have been involved in similar activities & could all have been in the same position as Evans, if the other person (s) recovered & decided they were a victim rather than a participant.

People like to use moral outrage to put all incidents of this kind together in the same bracket, due to some of the disgraceful behaviour of judges etc in the past & obvious rapists being let off, but imo cases like this particular one are not nailed on & the verdict in this case is open to question.

All seem like a right bunch of turds imo though, including the girl.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:50 pm

My own belief based on what i have read and i have read a fair chunk about it is that he is innocent, stupid but innocent of rape.

That aside, he has served his punishment whether innocent or guilty so is free to do as he pleases within the bounds of legality. if the sentence was too low that is neither his nor sheff uniteds problem. So in my eyes he is free and should be able to continue his career.

On a side note, the plymouth keeper who is now captain killed a couple of kids while pissed out of his box in his car, that to me is a far worse crime and he is the main man at plymouth now but likewise to ched he paid this dues to society so no blame is laid on him, its with the justice system where i have an issue there.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:58 pm

Dubciteh wrote:On a side note, the plymouth keeper who is now captain killed a couple of kids while pissed out of his box in his car, that to me is a far worse crime and he is the main man at plymouth now but likewise to ched he paid this dues to society so no blame is laid on him, its with the justice system where i have an issue there.

WOW I forgot about him, I didnt realise he was now captain too.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby AntMcfc » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Whether he's truly guilty or not, he went to prison. The point is that he's served his sentence and should be accepted back into society, not shunned at every turn. Defining someone's whole being by one bad deed is pretty inhuman.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:49 pm

AntMcfc wrote:Whether he's truly guilty or not, he went to prison. The point is that he's served his sentence and should be accepted back into society, not shunned at every turn. Defining someone's whole being by one bad deed is pretty inhuman.

if someone who worked for me was banged up for rape, there's no chance that i re employ them after their release
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:Whether he's truly guilty or not, he went to prison. The point is that he's served his sentence and should be accepted back into society, not shunned at every turn. Defining someone's whole being by one bad deed is pretty inhuman.

if someone who worked for me was banged up for rape, there's no chance that i re employ them after their release

What if they didn't do it though?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Only one person knows truly what went on and she said in court it was rape. A judge and jury found him guilty and he did his time. The annalls of history will show he did it. If he is truly innocent then its a matter for the appeal courts. Until then he has a criminal record and its up to an individual employer whether they wish to employ him. I hope he does find something. Whether that is at Sheffield or indeed another club remains to be seen
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Only one person knows truly what went on and she said in court it was rape. A judge and jury found him guilty and he did his time. The annalls of history will show he did it. If he is truly innocent then its a matter for the appeal courts. Until then he has a criminal record and its up to an individual employer whether they wish to employ him. I hope he does find something. Whether that is at Sheffield or indeed another club remains to be seen

She's actually said she can't remember what happened - she vaguely remembers agreeing to have sex with the first guy but doesn't remember what happened when Ched joined in.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:16 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

No shit. Can you imagine?

Innocent or guilty...the dude was sent up the river for it. Hard to hire back the office rapist and hope folks will ignore it.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:04 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

No shit. Can you imagine?

Innocent or guilty...the dude was sent up the river for it. Hard to hire back the office rapist and hope folks will ignore it.

Would that be the same for the office drink drive murderer or would they get a bit more leeway ? Just asking genuinely, because office type things are completely out of my area.

I still can't get my head round Lee Hughes.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

She's actually said she can't remember what happened - she vaguely remembers agreeing to have sex with the first guy but doesn't remember what happened when Ched joined in.

I can't believe he was convicted based on the evidence this girl gave and who said she couldn't remember what happened !! He has admitted having sex with her while they were all pretty drunk. Is that really considered rape ? And how come the other guy got off but Ched got convicted ?? Maybe because he is a footballer and the other is a nobody ? For me, whether guilty or not, he's done his time and paid his dues to society and should be allowed to get on with his life in any way he likes.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
I can't believe he was convicted based on the evidence this girl gave and who said she couldn't remember what happened !! He has admitted having sex with her while they were all pretty drunk. Is that really considered rape ? And how come the other guy got off but Ched got convicted ?? Maybe because he is a footballer and the other is a nobody ? For me, whether guilty or not, he's done his time and paid his dues to society and should be allowed to get on with his life in any way he likes.

the other guy was also a footballer - clayton mcdonald (another product of the city youth set up)

rape's not even a crime in dubai is it?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:23 pm

chedevans.com whilst obviousley biased has a lot of really good information on it....she doesnt claim to be raped she calims to be too drunk to have given consent....or thats how the judge took it to be......my wifes been too drunk to consent loads of time doesnt mean i raped her!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wooders » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:31 pm

There was a video wasn't there? Guess that's what hung him
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:40 pm

I think a lot of people are going to look like right tits if/when he gets cleared.

Would people like him to go sit at home and claim the dole because he shouldn't be allowed to work ever again. But then we can moan that he's sat at home and we're paying for it?

The fact is Clayton got cleared and Evans didn't. It's dodgy as fuck!! And I'm sure if it wasn't two footballers it wouldn't have even made it to court.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum