We need a partner for Aguero.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We need a partner for Aguero.

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:53 am

Hazy2 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:As unlikely as it may be, we should go balls-fucking-deep and splash huge cash on Reus in January. Not for this season, this season's a write off, but to prevent any sort of bidding war in the summer.

I agree, but if he comes to the Prem he will end up at Chelsea, they seem to be able to spend as much as they like with nothing being said.

If they get Pogba as well, we is fooked.

No we're not, anymore than if the rags get Bale. There are more than 3 or 4 players in the world. Pogba was busy losing to City reserves a couple of seasons ago.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:11 am

gmercer1 wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:As unlikely as it may be, we should go balls-fucking-deep and splash huge cash on Reus in January. Not for this season, this season's a write off, but to prevent any sort of bidding war in the summer.

I agree, but if he comes to the Prem he will end up at Chelsea, they seem to be able to spend as much as they like with nothing being said.

Nah, loads used to be said about Chelsea on spending. They had the luxury of a 5-6 year head start on us well in time before the FFP stable door swung shut. They've actually just started to turn a profit now (about £20mil) as I am sure we will in about 2-3 seasons time
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:16 am

Chinners wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

Nah, loads used to be said about Chelsea on spending. They had the luxury of a 5-6 year head start on us well in time before the FFP stable door swung shut. They've actually just started to turn a profit now (about £20mil) as I am sure we will in about 2-3 seasons time

I imagine we are in profit right now if we don't spend big in Jan. The next round of sponsorships will be interesting I recon. Everyone has had a turn at pushing up the value of their deals this summer. Apart from us.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:56 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

No we're not, anymore than if the rags get Bale. There are more than 3 or 4 players in the world. Pogba was busy losing to City reserves a couple of seasons ago.

Add them to the mix, they would be one hell of a team. Pogba, was held back by the Scum a point overlooked by the rag media, I think he is that good any team that gets him will soon have the best attacking CM around. Koke is good Pogba is another level.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

Add them to the mix, they would be one hell of a team. Pogba, was held back by the Scum a point overlooked by the rag media, I think he is that good any team that gets him will soon have the best attacking CM around. Koke is good Pogba is another level.

We are a hell of a team. Add a couple of players to us & we might not drop a point next season.

He wasn't held back by the scum btw, he wasn't good enough at the time to hold down a place in a title chasing side, just as our kids aren't yet good enough. He wasn't so good that he dominated reserve games.

Right now he's a very promising young player who could one day become as good as Yaya Toure, who would piss the Italian league whilst eating cake. Tevez is better.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Ted, he left as they played Rafel in Midfield, all reds I know 3 being brothers have said Rednose was losing his marbles with that one. Ferdinand and Scholes have both said since they took the piss with him, when not only was he good enough he was better than anyone. His performamces at Juve are no surprise to rags. Evra said it was criminal on MUTV. All I am saying he looks an ideal player for us, plus Reus, the teams that gets them has the best in those positions, just a comment as the smoke signals are they will be on the move.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Ted, he left as they played Rafel in Midfield, all reds I know 3 being brothers have said Rednose was losing his marbles with that one. Ferdinand and Scholes have both said since they took the piss with him, when not only was he good enough he was better than anyone. His performamces at Juve are no surprise to rags. Evra said it was criminal on MUTV. All I am saying he looks an ideal player for us, plus Reus, the teams that gets them has the best in those positions, just a comment as the smoke signals are they will be on the move.

Well seeing as they are all so much better at their jobs than Ferguson, they can look forward to successful careers in management. I was under the impression he won the league then retired.

Pogba could be a very good signing for us, or Chelsea, o perhapsr not depending on whether he reaches his potential or not.

At the moment, he isn't so good that signing him is guranteed to change our team or any team into nailed on title winners, he's just an up & coming player, & that's it. We are hearing his name from City fans all over the shop as if signing him is like the holy grail & it solves all our problems when in reality he still has a hell of a lot to learn & there is no guarantee he wouldn't have to be left out of games due to causing inbalance in the team, whilst he tried to come to terms with the Premier League. Just like Mangala.

Every year we get three or four names who are the answer to all our problems, & half of those have disappeared two years later, never to be mentioned again, whilst we talk about dumping title winning world class players if they struggle for half a season.

If we'd actually signed most of the 'nailed on certainties' for various positions that people get so worked up about, we'd have a right fucking mess of a squad, with mostly inferior players in it. We'd have half of Napoli's old team, Brazilians who are fuck all, 2nd rate plodding central defenders.

Somehow we've won two titles without signing most of the characters we 'had to' sign, & we will do again, whether we sign Reus, Pogba or any of these cunts we 'have to' sign now.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Pogba is the real deal IMO. He has just signed a new deal at Juve for another 5 years so he is not going to be available unless its a stupid price they couldn't refuse. Paddy Vieira speaks very highly of Pogba

https://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/ ... ieira-2014
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Pogba is the real deal IMO. He has just signed a new deal at Juve for another 5 years so he is not going to be available unless its a stupid price they couldn't refuse. Paddy Vieira speaks very highly of Pogba

Yes he does, but it's not about what he is, it's about what they expect him to be one day. If you put last year's Yaya Toure in that Juve team week in week out vs people like Savic, he would have about 35 goals & be POTY. Tevez looks 25 years old playing there compared to in our league. Nastasic will be comfortable when he goes over there. Pogba is very dynamic, athletic & has nice flicks & tricks but does not have the nous of our midfielders, & there is no guarantee he would play every week in our team at present. He would have to learn. That could take a week, or two years. That's why Baconface didn't play him; nothing to do with ability.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Pogba is the real deal IMO. He has just signed a new deal at Juve for another 5 years so he is not going to be available unless its a stupid price they couldn't refuse. Paddy Vieira speaks very highly of Pogba

Yes he does, but it's not about what he is, it's about what they expect him to be one day. If you put last year's Yaya Toure in that Juve team week in week out vs people like Savic, he would have about 35 goals & be POTY. Tevez looks 25 years old playing there compared to in our league. Nastasic will be comfortable when he goes over there. Pogba is very dynamic, athletic & has nice flicks & tricks but does not have the nous of our midfielders, & there is no guarantee he would play every week in our team at present. He would have to learn. That could take a week, or two years. That's why Baconface didn't play him; nothing to do with ability.

Having watched him against Roma, a team that took the piss in MF at the Etihad, I would take him all day, his game has a natural flow, which allows him to pop up anywhere, he also shoots which has no place with us at times when having a pop is a no brainer. Players like him are once in a generation IMHO as PV has said. Can we get him ? send PV to meet the val when the time is right and ffp allows. Same applies to Reus as it did with Hazard, who we had ? they we did'nt.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:43 pm

1 drawing conclusions based on City's euro games is bullshit.

2 we are NOT getting Reus, Pogba & fucking Barkley.

Therefore we may as we just fucking give up according to this nonsense.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:16 pm

I think Hazy2 and Wonderwall are right on this one. No need to waste bandwidth.

Pogba is worth a punt.

This kid has the balls to tell Man U , who at the time were still looking like a powerhouse... where to go.

He didn't and hasn't made a fuss. Just got on with the day to day practise of being a footballer.

Again , worth a punt.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Spurge » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:07 pm

Pogba would be a very good signing imo.

I see him as a long term replacement for Yaya from whom Pogba could improve his game by being in the same squad for a period of time. At the right time Pogba would then pick up the reigns from Yaya indefinitely.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Wooders » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Sorry - tight on time can't read the whole thread but pogba partnering aguero am I reading?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Spurge » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Wooders wrote:Sorry - tight on time can't read the whole thread but pogba partnering aguero am I reading?

I don't see him as a partner as such, but a very good signing and a direct replacement for Yaya at some stage . Sorry for me at least I've gone a bit off topic!
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:41 am

Pogba and Bale for me. wow that would be nice.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:59 am

Hazy2 wrote:Pogba and Bale for me. wow that would be nice.

In an ideal world I'd have Reus,Barkley and Isco.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:21 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Pogba and Bale for me. wow that would be nice.

In an ideal world I'd have Reus,Barkley and Isco.

Isco yep, fantastic player, plus like Pogba, he has bollocks to reply to the stall in his tough start at Madrid to show his quality.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:43 am

Messi Ronaldo & Luis Suarez for me.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Messi Ronaldo & Luis Suarez for me.

Brandy Schnapps might be worth a go!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum