We need a partner for Aguero.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We need a partner for Aguero.

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Will Aguero learn to play 433? Can he lose his selfishness and be one of the three. I hope so but am not truly convinced. Despise the guy but Suarez would be a perfect fit for Aguero imo with Jovetic as the other in the three

Suarez would also have been the perfect partner in the Count's system I recon. But I wouldn't watch it.

Aguero is fine in a 3 I recon. Preferably central, as he's not so clever at tracking back from wider positions, but if he was allowed to stay mainly forward, he's fine left side & probably either side of a front 3. Played there plenty before we signed him, & was very dangerous running with the ball etc; a bit of a headless fucker in those days & not ideal from that point of view, but still a terrible threat & he's a much smarter footballer now.

Off the subject slightly: I love the way players like Barker & Ambrose are learning the work ethic of those wider positions in the 433. If they were older, players like them plus Pozo, Lopes etc, would be right in the area of 'ideal' alongside Aguero. Usually only one or two would make it but we have a queue forming.

Unlikely all of them will go to shit; one or two will get there imo & perhaps even play with Serge before he leaves the club.

I'm looking forward to that more than anything else.

I hope we note the space behind Swansea fullbacks and SA can get the service evena long ball as we had to do at QPR to get him in. We do have a plan B, it is simple hit him early, every Centre half in the league would shit a brick with this little menace head up and walking past them. It would also send a team back 20 meters.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Will Aguero learn to play 433? Can he lose his selfishness and be one of the three. I hope so but am not truly convinced. Despise the guy but Suarez would be a perfect fit for Aguero imo with Jovetic as the other in the three

Suarez would also have been the perfect partner in the Count's system I recon. But I wouldn't watch it.

Aguero is fine in a 3 I recon. Preferably central, as he's not so clever at tracking back from wider positions, but if he was allowed to stay mainly forward, he's fine left side & probably either side of a front 3. Played there plenty before we signed him, & was very dangerous running with the ball etc; a bit of a headless fucker in those days & not ideal from that point of view, but still a terrible threat & he's a much smarter footballer now.

Off the subject slightly: I love the way players like Barker & Ambrose are learning the work ethic of those wider positions in the 433. If they were older, players like them plus Pozo, Lopes etc, would be right in the area of 'ideal' alongside Aguero. Usually only one or two would make it but we have a queue forming.

Unlikely all of them will go to shit; one or two will get there imo & perhaps even play with Serge before he leaves the club

I know you've already stated that you think we're at least a season away from this happening.
Would anyone be happy with us getting a top three place, not winning anything, going out of the Champions league, if it meant that some of these players were actually promoted into the first team now. Hypothetical question I know, but if this happened and we didn't buy in January and still qualified for europe, would people be satisfied.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Scatman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Unlikely all of them will go to shit; one or two will get there imo & perhaps even play with Serge before he leaves the club

I know you've already stated that you think we're at least a season away from this happening.
Would anyone be happy with us getting a top three place, not winning anything, going out of the Champions league, if it meant that some of these players were actually promoted into the first team now. Hypothetical question I know, but if this happened and we didn't buy in January and still qualified for europe, would people be satisfied.

Does finishing 3rd instead of 2nd affect our seeding?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:00 pm

They are not yet ready for regular first team football so it doesn't apply. Not at City's level anyway. Some are still too lightweight, others just need a bit more experience & to iron out one or two flaws, before they could be trusted. Mostly though, I would say it's just they need to be a bit more mature, physically & mentally.

If you look at the current EDS, many of them have only just started playing at that level, after being promoted from the U18s. Angelino the left back for example is just 17 years old, a little guy, & is only just getting his shit together defensively against the older players he is now facing. I wouldn't fancy him meeting up with someone like Valencia from the rags for example; 6ft & dead fast. Or DiMaria for that matter. He needs to turn into a bit of a bulldog, which I think he will eventually. Then he'll be ready.

These are the first real group of players where quite a number have obvious potential star quality. The best players from the earlier group(s) are mostly on loan. Denayer & Lopes would be my stand out prospects (both still young themselves) & Devante Cole was looking good before he went out to Barnsley.

Cole has the physique to play vs adults & is gaining experience at Barnsley. I don't know what the plan is for him after Jan.

Fofana is another big lad & extremely talented imo, but many who see more of him have doubts about him. I bow to their judgement but he looks good whenever I see him.

I would like to see people such as Barker & Pozo getting on the bench in turn but not as starters in the Prem. Not yet.

Cole is the one I would say is most feasible for this season, along with Iheanacho if he turns up.

But next season, we have to start using some of them on the bench, in cup games & looking to bring the first ones through with a view to them starting occasional games imo. Then that should be the case each season, forever.

Older ones we don't use need to be on loan at serious level clubs, or sold.

It is about to become a problem starting next season. We are soon about to have a shitload of potential first team players who are not ready to start in the first team, but too good for EDS football, & a queue of kids behind them, who need to come up from the U18s to the EDS, even though they are still young, & 15-16s below them, who need to move up to the 18s.

A nice problem to have, but a problem all the same.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Scatman wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Good question. If it's pots 1, 2,3 are going on league position, I suppose so. If it's just Pot 1 I don't think 2nd and 3rd would make a whole lot of difference.
Need one of the experts to answer that.
Personally I'd love to see a few make the bench and get a bit of game time, if we could still make third position. Then strengthen in the summer.
Despite our form in Europe, I still don't think teams would like to draw City, because sooner or later they know we will get it right.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:They are not yet ready for regular first team football so it doesn't apply. Not at City's level anyway. Some are still too lightweight, others just need a bit more experience & to iron out one or two flaws, before they could be trusted. Mostly though, I would say it's just they need to be a bit more mature, physically & mentally.

If you look at the current EDS, many of them have only just started playing at that level, after being promoted from the U18s. Angelino the left back for example is just 17 years old, a little guy, & is only just getting his shit together defensively against the older players he is now facing. I wouldn't fancy him meeting up with someone like Valencia from the rags for example; 6ft & dead fast. Or DiMaria for that matter. He needs to turn into a bit of a bulldog, which I think he will eventually. Then he'll be ready.

These are the first real group of players where quite a number have obvious potential star quality. The best players from the earlier group(s) are mostly on loan. Denayer & Lopes would be my stand out prospects (both still young themselves) & Devante Cole was looking good before he went out to Barnsley.

Cole has the physique to play vs adults & is gaining experience at Barnsley. I don't know what the plan is for him after Jan.

Fofana is another big lad & extremely talented imo, but many who see more of him have doubts about him. I bow to their judgement but he looks good whenever I see him.

I would like to see people such as Barker & Pozo getting on the bench in turn but not as starters in the Prem. Not yet.

Cole is the one I would say is most feasible for this season, along with Iheanacho if he turns up.

But next season, we have to start using some of them on the bench, in cup games & looking to bring the first ones through with a view to them starting occasional games imo. Then that should be the case each season, forever.

Older ones we don't use need to be on loan at serious level clubs, or sold.

It is about to become a problem starting next season. We are soon about to have a shitload of potential first team players who are not ready to start in the first team, but too good for EDS football, & a queue of kids behind them, who need to come up from the U18s to the EDS, even though they are still young, & 15-16s below them, who need to move up to the 18s.

A nice problem to have, but a problem all the same.

I see even less than most on here, I would say, only what's available on the Official website and some forum reports on individual players.
I do like the look of Pozo though. I was expecting him to be on the bench in the cup match against Newcastle and was disappointed he didn't play.
As for Iheanacho, everyone seems to think he's the business right now, but does anyone know what the story is with him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:48 pm

Spanish mag El Confidencial says Pellegrini dreams of getting Isco in January but not clear whether Real would sell. I doubt it. He's sub for Bale at the moment but our Gareth is somewhat injury prone.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:58 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Scatman wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Good question. If it's pots 1, 2,3 are going on league position, I suppose so. If it's just Pot 1 I don't think 2nd and 3rd would make a whole lot of difference.
Need one of the experts to answer that.
Personally I'd love to see a few make the bench and get a bit of game time, if we could still make third position. Then strengthen in the summer.
Despite our form in Europe, I still don't think teams would like to draw City, because sooner or later they know we will get it right.

As far as I am aware Pot 1 is the top 7 European league champions and the Holders of the CL. The rest of the pots will be seeded as the are now.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dazby » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:41 am

If we signed Bale, he'd retain his place as the third best player in the world. :-)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:23 pm

blues2win wrote:Spanish mag El Confidencial says Pellegrini dreams of getting Isco in January but not clear whether Real would sell. I doubt it. He's sub for Bale at the moment but our Gareth is somewhat injury prone.

Just watched Pogba , sign him do whatever it takes, what a player, Isco and him that would be some class added to our squad.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
blues2win wrote:Spanish mag El Confidencial says Pellegrini dreams of getting Isco in January but not clear whether Real would sell. I doubt it. He's sub for Bale at the moment but our Gareth is somewhat injury prone.

Just watched Pogba , sign him do whatever it takes, what a player, Isco and him that would be some class added to our squad.

Rag!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:45 pm

jojo did ok tonight...
failing that, we could swap yaya for zlatan?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum