We need a partner for Aguero.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We need a partner for Aguero.

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:25 pm

I would love us to sign Isco. His movement and quick short passes are just what we need and possibly a great foil for Sergio.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:I would love us to sign Isco. His movement and quick short passes are just what we need and possibly a great foil for Sergio.

Not a bad shout.

Pellegrini had him playing that position quite often at Malaga.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:38 pm

I think the player you are describing is Ruud Gullit, and the way he linked with Van Basten in those great Dutch and AC Milan teams.

That type of player isn't readily available or cheap, but given we are a striker or attacking player light, something needs to be done in this area.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:I would love us to sign Isco. His movement and quick short passes are just what we need and possibly a great foil for Sergio.

Quality player, really wish we had signed him.

Thinking about it some of the players we attempted to sign and missed out on could have been ideal.Along with Isco both Hazard and Sanchez would have offered us a lot going forward.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Ted; I was hoping that we would sign him before Real as I think he is quite gifted and well suited to the number 10 role. Just watching him play against the dippers in the Champions League the other night confirmed for me that we must do our best to sign him up. Even if his passing was not up to scratch (which was rare) his movement and willingness to create space for others was a joy to behold. He can also put his foot through the ball from range which is something else we badly need.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:41 pm

We had negredo but got injured, Isco would be my choice but he's now getting games at Madrid. Maybe benteke if available.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Spurge » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:43 pm

City64 wrote:Most worrying thing of all the way the season is panning out is if god forbid Sergio gets injured we are totally fucked !

I know what you are saying and in all honestly it is unlikley he will stay fit all season long - he missed a fair chunk of last season of course when Neggers and Dzeko stepped up to the plate when they needed to.

As for the player we need - possibly Gotze can we get him? I very much doubt it
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Our best bet is Jojo for me. If he stops trying too hard I think he will come good.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Maybe another option in attacking midfield, I wouldn't necessarily call it a partner though. Capable players have played upfront with him throughout and haven't quite worked.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Does Thomas Muller fancy our Christmas markets and mulled wine?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:52 am

Hah-mez was that guy for me. Wish we could have prised him out of Madrid's clutches.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:54 am

I think Attack is not our problem , never has bean . It was always defense ( if QPR can make so much problems then we have to find defense solutions first ) Second Midfield is the biger problem then strikers again . They drop the most , Silva is not good enough Yaya is awful , Nasri is not same player Fernandhino gone with Brasil , Navas to one demensional and what we buy is shitier 100 times then what BoB buy hes last season .All goals we get was some Aguero individual things , I watch just how much lees we keep the ball , how much less we create chances amd how much less we defend . Its nightmare midfield. Aguero can't have a partner becouse Aguero will always shoot . What we need is kind a coach of Mourhinho caracter who will sell all this stupidity we buy . 40 mill for Fernandhino , not nearly worth it , Fernando even less , Mangala is joke of defender. Us for strikers Jovetic is not fit fpr PL that is my opinion , Aguero is one of the best player in world but he need to be manage great also . Edin in this kind of form of other players is useless becouse we all know he need cross and ball in space hes deadly in 16 but midfield is so shit that hes only getting ball on wingers and he also drop with form us soon whole team drop. So Aguero is light, but i m not sure partner for Aguero will solve the problem , maybe better scouting of players .Fuckin Mangala and Fernando 70 millions and for what ?!Buy wingers like Bayern who are also deadly like strikers but can go back and deffend and buy midfilder who will not be lazy defender , they all must be a team and City is not a team just a bunch of rich individuals. I would love to buy next Maldini and , next Alonso and next Xavi . Chelsea has great defense and they buy smart i must admit that , Farbregas great buy , Costa great buy, Matic do hes job and they work like a team , we look like a bunch from pub last night.
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:04 am

Cit.revenge wrote:I think Attack is not our problem , never has bean . It was always defense ( if QPR can make so much problems then we have to find defense solutions first ) Second Midfield is the biger problem then strikers again . They drop the most , Silva is not good enough Yaya is awful , Nasri is not same player Fernandhino gone with Brasil , Navas to one demensional and what we buy is shitier 100 times then what BoB buy hes last season .All goals we get was some Aguero individual things , I watch just how much lees we keep the ball , how much less we create chances amd how much less we defend . Its nightmare midfield. Aguero can't have a partner becouse Aguero will always shoot . What we need is kind a coach of Mourhinho caracter who will sell all this stupidity we buy . 40 mill for Fernandhino , not nearly worth it , Fernando even less , Mangala is joke of defender. Us for strikers Jovetic is not fit fpr PL that is my opinion , Aguero is one of the best player in world but he need to be manage great also . Edin in this kind of form of other players is useless becouse we all know he need cross and ball in space hes deadly in 16 but midfield is so shit that hes only getting ball on wingers and he also drop with form us soon whole team drop. So Aguero is light but i m not sure partner for Aguero will solve thre problem , maybe better scouting of players .Fuckin Mangala and Fernando 70 millions and for what ?!Buy wingers like Bayern who are also deadly like strikers but can go back and deffend and buy midfilder who will not be lazy defender , they all must be a team and City is not a team just a bunch of rich individuals. I would love to buy next Maldini and next , next Alonso and next Xavi . Chelse has great defense and they buy smart i must admit that , Farbregas great buy , Costa great buy and they work like a team , we look like a bunch from pub last night.

What a pile of shite.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:08 am

sheblue wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:I think Attack is not our problem , never has bean . It was always defense ( if QPR can make so much problems then we have to find defense solutions first ) Second Midfield is the biger problem then strikers again . They drop the most , Silva is not good enough Yaya is awful , Nasri is not same player Fernandhino gone with Brasil , Navas to one demensional and what we buy is shitier 100 times then what BoB buy hes last season .All goals we get was some Aguero individual things , I watch just how much lees we keep the ball , how much less we create chances amd how much less we defend . Its nightmare midfield. Aguero can't have a partner becouse Aguero will always shoot . What we need is kind a coach of Mourhinho caracter who will sell all this stupidity we buy . 40 mill for Fernandhino , not nearly worth it , Fernando even less , Mangala is joke of defender. Us for strikers Jovetic is not fit fpr PL that is my opinion , Aguero is one of the best player in world but he need to be manage great also . Edin in this kind of form of other players is useless becouse we all know he need cross and ball in space hes deadly in 16 but midfield is so shit that hes only getting ball on wingers and he also drop with form us soon whole team drop. So Aguero is light but i m not sure partner for Aguero will solve thre problem , maybe better scouting of players .Fuckin Mangala and Fernando 70 millions and for what ?!Buy wingers like Bayern who are also deadly like strikers but can go back and deffend and buy midfilder who will not be lazy defender , they all must be a team and City is not a team just a bunch of rich individuals. I would love to buy next Maldini and next , next Alonso and next Xavi . Chelse has great defense and they buy smart i must admit that , Farbregas great buy , Costa great buy and they work like a team , we look like a bunch from pub last night.

What a pile of shite.

That is you right to say . Sorry that is my pile of shit . And u can say what u disegree on and why ? But just say pile of shit is a bit snubish....
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:34 am

That is you right to say . Sorry that is my pile of shit . And u can say what u disegree on and why ? But just say pile of shit is a bit snubish....

I agree. This isn't bluemoon.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:02 am

Is it definately all over between him and his wife then?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ruralblue » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:46 am

nottsblue wrote:Is it definately all over between him and his wife then?

Yup and we are running an auction for his new one. So far in the runming are Julie Wren and Berger.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:33 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Our best bet is Jojo for me. If he stops trying too hard I think he will come good.

I rate Jovetic very highly but watching him the other night, when he got the ball sometimes there were 4 City attackers just stood like statues in a line next to oppo defenders, Aguero in the middle, none of them, including Aguero, seemed to want the ball played to feet, but neither were they positioned if to run in behind, it just looked like they were basically waiting for him to pass it wide or backwards, or do it himself; they had no desire or inspiration to join in anyrhing he would try to do, just hung him out to dry.

Aguero seemed to be interested in playing with Negredo, & then that rubbed off so we saw Dzeko (who is another who isn't easy to play with) starting to link up with people, sometimes even Aguero, & we started to progress. Now Aguero has gone back to being a soloist & Dzeko similar.

I have a feeling Dzeko would work with Jovetic, but Aguero needs someone to feed him & run off him, who he is willing to work with but imo, that player needs to be a goal threat, not a non scoring Nasri or Silva. Aguero will work with those two, but unfortunately doesn't seem to have any interest in playing in front of Jovetic.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:44 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:I think Attack is not our problem , never has bean . It was always defense ( if QPR can make so much problems then we have to find defense solutions first ) Second Midfield is the biger problem then strikers again . They drop the most , Silva is not good enough Yaya is awful , Nasri is not same player Fernandhino gone with Brasil , Navas to one demensional and what we buy is shitier 100 times then what BoB buy hes last season .All goals we get was some Aguero individual things , I watch just how much lees we keep the ball , how much less we create chances amd how much less we defend . Its nightmare midfield. Aguero can't have a partner becouse Aguero will always shoot . What we need is kind a coach of Mourhinho caracter who will sell all this stupidity we buy . 40 mill for Fernandhino , not nearly worth it , Fernando even less , Mangala is joke of defender. Us for strikers Jovetic is not fit fpr PL that is my opinion , Aguero is one of the best player in world but he need to be manage great also . Edin in this kind of form of other players is useless becouse we all know he need cross and ball in space hes deadly in 16 but midfield is so shit that hes only getting ball on wingers and he also drop with form us soon whole team drop. So Aguero is light, but i m not sure partner for Aguero will solve the problem , maybe better scouting of players .Fuckin Mangala and Fernando 70 millions and for what ?!Buy wingers like Bayern who are also deadly like strikers but can go back and deffend and buy midfilder who will not be lazy defender , they all must be a team and City is not a team just a bunch of rich individuals. I would love to buy next Maldini and , next Alonso and next Xavi . Chelsea has great defense and they buy smart i must admit that , Farbregas great buy , Costa great buy, Matic do hes job and they work like a team , we look like a bunch from pub last night.

We did nt pay 40m for Fernandhino and we did not pay 70m for Mangala and fernando. Andy Gray was on the radio in Thursday saying he thought we would finish bottom of our champs league group like we did last year! It's hard to take people seriously when the content is a million miles from FACT as Rafa liked to call it.
South Stand Balti

My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:48 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:I think Attack is not our problem , never has bean . It was always defense ( if QPR can make so much problems then we have to find defense solutions first ) Second Midfield is the biger problem then strikers again . They drop the most , Silva is not good enough Yaya is awful , Nasri is not same player Fernandhino gone with Brasil , Navas to one demensional and what we buy is shitier 100 times then what BoB buy hes last season .All goals we get was some Aguero individual things , I watch just how much lees we keep the ball , how much less we create chances amd how much less we defend . Its nightmare midfield. Aguero can't have a partner becouse Aguero will always shoot . What we need is kind a coach of Mourhinho caracter who will sell all this stupidity we buy . 40 mill for Fernandhino , not nearly worth it , Fernando even less , Mangala is joke of defender. Us for strikers Jovetic is not fit fpr PL that is my opinion , Aguero is one of the best player in world but he need to be manage great also . Edin in this kind of form of other players is useless becouse we all know he need cross and ball in space hes deadly in 16 but midfield is so shit that hes only getting ball on wingers and he also drop with form us soon whole team drop. So Aguero is light, but i m not sure partner for Aguero will solve the problem , maybe better scouting of players .Fuckin Mangala and Fernando 70 millions and for what ?!Buy wingers like Bayern who are also deadly like strikers but can go back and deffend and buy midfilder who will not be lazy defender , they all must be a team and City is not a team just a bunch of rich individuals. I would love to buy next Maldini and , next Alonso and next Xavi . Chelsea has great defense and they buy smart i must admit that , Farbregas great buy , Costa great buy, Matic do hes job and they work like a team , we look like a bunch from pub last night.

We did nt pay 40m for Fernandhino and we did not pay 70m for Mangala and fernando. Andy Gray was on the radio in Thursday saying he thought we would finish bottom of our champs league group like we did last year! It's hard to take people seriously when the content is a million miles from FACT as Rafa liked to call it.

we're paying considerably more than that for them if you include wages....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum