We need a partner for Aguero.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We need a partner for Aguero.

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Messi Ronaldo & Luis Suarez for me.

And Manuel Neuer.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Brandy Schnapps might be worth a go!

Has anyone considered Ched Evans ??.........

..........OK, that's in thoroughly bad taste so I'll get my helmet and retreat into the bunker......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Suppose City don't go for a striker in the January window, which is quite likely I would think.
Does anyone else feel that the talent is there with what we have to still mount a challenge for the league.
Granted, we aren't playing well at the moment. But if we stay as close as we are now to Chelsea until Christmas and most likely go out of the Champions league,
at some stage I think Chelsea will hit a slump and I still think there is enough character in the City squad to mount some pressure on them.
Going back to a point I made about getting stability and regaining confidence. If we played the same regular back four with Fernando and Fernandihno in front of them each week. Played any two from Nasri Jovetic Jesus and James outside them (Obviously Silva when fit). Play Toure in front of them just off Aguero.
When Toure is gone for ACON put Silva there.
With Dzeko in the form he's in now, I only see him as impact sub, but the kick up the arse of being dropped might/might not do him good.
I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest something like this. I'm most probably plagiarising something else I've read, but would it work. If played regularly, would new additions like Mangala, Fernando and even Fernandihno get familiarity and hopefully confidence.

Like I've said I'm still optimistic that we can turn it around in the new year.
I don't think we'll spend big in January, but with luck in the injury department, who knows.
It could go tits up, but I still think there is more in the team.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:57 pm

I think City have a better team & a better squad than Chelsea but our players have started badly & theirs have started better ( although nowhere near as good as people are making out). And theirs haven't yet felt that they have anything to lose, just everything to win.

If we make them worry about NOT winning, imo they will crack up & Mourinho will crack up with them. But we can't get much further behind, or we still won't catch them even if they do crack. We need our players to start playing right now, but we still have the cunting Champs Lg casting a shadow.

Everything has been on Yaya, but imo we are missing Zabba, Fernandinho, Dzeko, Nasri much more. Get those playing, the rest will fall into place.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:10 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I think City have a better team & a better squad than Chelsea but our players have started badly & theirs have started better ( although nowhere near as good as people are making out). And theirs haven't yet felt that they have anything to lose, just everything to win.

If we make them worry about NOT winning, imo they will crack up & Mourinho will crack up with them. But we can't get much further behind, or we still won't catch them even if they do crack. We need our players to start playing right now, but we still have the cunting Champs Lg casting a shadow.

Everything has been on Yaya, but imo we are missing Zabba, Fernandinho, Dzeko, Nasri much more. Get those playing, the rest will fall into place.

It will start this week, winning without Vinny is crucial. For me we have the next 3 games to prove to ourselves we are on it, if we continue with the dip and I dont expect us too, I do not honestly see Chelsea Cracking, if anything they can relax if we do not get after them, I know bigger gaps have opened, Chelsea with a big lead, not happening IMHO. The thing is the next games are against teams that will go after us. Good and bad that if were on it, if we are knackered at Saints that could be crucial.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:16 pm

First one on the way:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-8129612

Rumoured Manchester City target Lionel Messi has hinted he could leave Barcelona in the near future.

The 27-year-old has spent his entire career with the Camp Nou club, having emerged from their academy 10 years ago after moving to Catalonia from Argentina at the age of 13.

Messi has since gone on to establish himself as one of the world's greatest players, picking up six Spanish league titles and winning the Champions League on three occasions.

The attacker's close ties to Barca and phenomenal success over the years have made a move away seem unlikely in the past, but rumours of discontent have surfaced this term.

Under the guidance of new coach Luis Enrique, the Catalans have slipped behind Real Madrid in La Liga and seen their Champions League campaign stutter with a defeat to Paris Saint-Germain.

City, who have former Barca executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain as CEO and football director, and a strong Argentine playing contingent, have long been touted as a potential destination for Messi.

And now the Rosario-born forward appears to have opened the door to a move elsewhere in a revealing interview with Olé .

"Today I am living in the moment. I am thinking of having a great year and winning the titles we can with Barcelona. And nothing more. Then we will see," he said.

"In football, a lot changes. I have always said that I would like to stay forever, but not everything happens the way you want.

"If I had my way I would stay forever. But, as I said, you don't always get everything you like. More so in football, which is constantly changing and so many things happen.

"It is complicated, more so right now with what is happening at Barcelona."

Messi is currently in Manchester ahead of Argentina's friendly meeting with Portugal at Old Trafford, and has been training at City's Carrington base.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

First one on the way:

Rumoured Manchester City target Lionel Messi has hinted he could leave Barcelona in the near future.

The 27-year-old has spent his entire career with the Camp Nou club, having emerged from their academy 10 years ago after moving to Catalonia from Argentina at the age of 13.

Messi has since gone on to establish himself as one of the world's greatest players, picking up six Spanish league titles and winning the Champions League on three occasions.

The attacker's close ties to Barca and phenomenal success over the years have made a move away seem unlikely in the past, but rumours of discontent have surfaced this term.

Under the guidance of new coach Luis Enrique, the Catalans have slipped behind Real Madrid in La Liga and seen their Champions League campaign stutter with a defeat to Paris Saint-Germain.

City, who have former Barca executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain as CEO and football director, and a strong Argentine playing contingent, have long been touted as a potential destination for Messi.

And now the Rosario-born forward appears to have opened the door to a move elsewhere in a revealing interview with Olé .

"Today I am living in the moment. I am thinking of having a great year and winning the titles we can with Barcelona. And nothing more. Then we will see," he said.

"In football, a lot changes. I have always said that I would like to stay forever, but not everything happens the way you want.

"If I had my way I would stay forever. But, as I said, you don't always get everything you like. More so in football, which is constantly changing and so many things happen.

Messi is currently in Manchester ahead of Argentina's friendly meeting with Portugal at Old Trafford, and has been training at City's Carrington base.

Something makes me think this might actually be possible with all the crap going on a t Barca and with him personally.

Would be awesome, I think he might shift a few shirts too!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

First one on the way:

I dont think Stoke on a wet Tuesday will suit him.

NEXT.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:54 pm

Do I take it we've given up on Jovetic and Dzeko then?

Given a run of games I still maintain Jovetic with Aguero would be immense
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

First one on the way:

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Twobob » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:24 am

I wonder if we gave them an access all areas tour of the new facilities too...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:46 am

we need to hope he does not get injured.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:27 pm

nottsblue wrote:Do I take it we've given up on Jovetic and Dzeko then?

Imo, Jovetic is an absolute top quality player. He is constantly looking for 1-2s & runs in behind etc but if nobody will work with him, what is the point ? It worked better pre season; then people were passing & moving with him. Aguero so far shows no interest in playing any pass & move stuff with Jovetic.

If that was to change, I agree they could be fantastic together. I also think Dzeko could link up excellently with Jovetic & provide an alternative partnership to the partnership of Aguero & whoever we may sign. But recently Dzeko has been like a large traffic cone & doesn't respond to anything Jovetic tries to initiate.

Hopefully that is down to him struggling with an injury, & we will see a different Edin when he comes back. If not, I don't see how we can win the title with just Aguero firing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Imo, Jovetic is an absolute top quality player. He is constantly looking for 1-2s & runs in behind etc but if nobody will work with him, what is the point ? It worked better pre season; then people were passing & moving with him. Aguero so far shows no interest in playing any pass & move stuff with Jovetic.

If that was to change, I agree they could be fantastic together. I also think Dzeko could link up excellently with Jovetic & provide an alternative partnership to the partnership of Aguero & whoever we may sign. But recently Dzeko has been like a large traffic cone & doesn't respond to anything Jovetic tries to initiate.

Hopefully that is down to him struggling with an injury, & we will see a different Edin when he comes back. If not, I don't see how we can win the title with just Aguero firing.

I like Jovetic, around me v CSKA he got dogs abuse, relocated seats, does that happen in other parts of the ground, that was a bad night all round tbf. intersting for the squad with the injuries and red cards for BM, A few players have picked up serious injuries this week I hope don't get anymore.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:33 pm

guardian is running a story about Chelsea moving for reus, khedira and varane in the summer. arsenal in for isco. not a single rumour about us.

sure, it's all probably bollox but fuck me! just once i would love to see us blow these fucks out of the water on a truly A-list young player.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:09 pm

We are linked with Bale & Messi in much of the (bollocks) I've read today. I would have thought those two are 'A'list.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

If then, Aguero doesn't learn to play with either Jovetic or Dzeko any time soon, is the problem then Aguero? Clearly a top notch striker, but if he can't play as part of the formation we play should we look at alternatives?

If our preferred formation throughout the club and by that I mean from under 14s and upwards, is one up front, then Aguero is the man. End of. If we want our forward to be one of two or three interchanging then all two or three need to be able to feed off one another. A bit like Ronaldo Bale and Benzema last season. Or even Ronaldo Tevez and Shrek for rags a few years ago. If the main focal point, ie Aguero, is effectively playing a lone role then the system doesn't work.

Messi is an obvious choice but probably unrealistic. Isco another but he's no better than Silva imo. Shame Tevez went as he would've been perfect but there you go.

Hope Aguero finds his passing boots as well as his shooting boots and we get him firing with his team mates also. I said at the start of the season if we had a fit Aguero for 35 games of the season he would score in excess of 30 goals and we would retain the title. This is still on the cards, but we need to up our game and that means we need more sharpness as an attacking unit
nottsblue

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 pm

We play 433 in the other teams for the most part, so people such as Cole, Ambrose etc sometimes play from a wider position, as Aguero sometimes did at Atleti & Jovetic has plenty of times before we signed him. Aguero would be better suited to an attacking 3 imo.

Aguero is a problem in that respect, not that he has to play as a lone striker but that he doesn't link up with that many strikers. Hence the thread. We need to find someone he can play with. He doesn't do it for Argentina either. They look better imo with Messi out of the way on the right rather than him & Aguero trying to link up centrally. But Dzeko & Balotelli are the same imo. It was a dreadful choice of striker signings with hindsight. Three of the most awkward to work with cfs. Negredo changed the whole outlook but it's slipped back to how it was.

Aguero worked with Tevez, but it may be that a front 3 is the best system for him. We have lost a high percentage of the games where he has played there on his own.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:31 pm

Will Aguero learn to play 433? Can he lose his selfishness and be one of the three. I hope so but am not truly convinced. Despise the guy but Suarez would be a perfect fit for Aguero imo with Jovetic as the other in the three
nottsblue

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:59 am

nottsblue wrote:Will Aguero learn to play 433? Can he lose his selfishness and be one of the three. I hope so but am not truly convinced. Despise the guy but Suarez would be a perfect fit for Aguero imo with Jovetic as the other in the three

Suarez would also have been the perfect partner in the Count's system I recon. But I wouldn't watch it.

Aguero is fine in a 3 I recon. Preferably central, as he's not so clever at tracking back from wider positions, but if he was allowed to stay mainly forward, he's fine left side & probably either side of a front 3. Played there plenty before we signed him, & was very dangerous running with the ball etc; a bit of a headless fucker in those days & not ideal from that point of view, but still a terrible threat & he's a much smarter footballer now.

Off the subject slightly: I love the way players like Barker & Ambrose are learning the work ethic of those wider positions in the 433. If they were older, players like them plus Pozo, Lopes etc, would be right in the area of 'ideal' alongside Aguero. Usually only one or two would make it but we have a queue forming.

Unlikely all of them will go to shit; one or two will get there imo & perhaps even play with Serge before he leaves the club.

I'm looking forward to that more than anything else.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum