We need a partner for Aguero.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We need a partner for Aguero.

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:04 am

Cit.revenge wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:People writing off Fernando & Mangala on what they have seen so far would also have written off Colin Bell.

I m not writing them off but for money we pay they look bad for now , at list that is my opinion . If i miss Garcia on either positions u know that is not good. I pray they can show what we pay for in future .

You don't miss Garcia from when Mancini was manager; he was a joke figure. You miss the Garcia who had been at the club for a year & started to come to terms with the Premier League, who was indeed better than Fernando is right now; which is my point.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:10 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:By the end of the game vs QPR, Mangala was playing better than Demi imo. Wow it is sorted them....

You also said Ramos is shit. The point I am making is to be on our radar and to partner Yaya or Vinny work in progress is a tough ask. In Magala we have potential, in Fernando we have concerns that's all, Dont be having hissy fits about Colin Bell and the best YOU have ever seen ! this is a city forum not the Ted hour. Fernando looks shit at the moment just accept it and he might come good, nothing wrong in that

Fernando & Mangala have both been shit in most games. Which bit are you waiting for me to accept ? Where is it relevant to what I posted ?

Without Hart we get battered Saturday. I see the team like you do and based on what I and almost every blue has seen, they need time, is the Premier League, playing for the Champions the place ? It is not a drama yet, but it will be if we do not sort it out. Picking up the change of System the manager had no choices ,he had injuries he said that himself straight after the game. What most fans like me are seeing is a repeat of the rag year, as many others in the media and a manager have said Chelsea win one more game on a weekend we all stutter, It will be almost game over, The major point is we looked a shambles on Saturday,two brilliant moments like we had 2 yrs ago will be soon forgot, I do not think it is getting used to it, one is very slow and the other faces 2 forwards each week, crosses and mahyem as to 1 up on his own in Portugal, that will not change most teams are 442 and it appears teams are going after us to boot, We miss Vinny and Silva but have done for 4 years whenever they are out, that is crazy tbh and never been sorted. QPR Ted all over us for long periods are we not better than that. or has the work Ethic gone as it did under RM.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:18 am

Back to the o.p.

Some interesting suggestions. Some are more like full on centre forwards, & whilst I would prefer us to have an extra striker rather than not have one, still I'm really thinking personally that we ideally need a player who plays that role Jovetic plays, or Silva, Nasri when they play as 2nd striker, rather than another cf.

Silva Nasri don't score & Aguero doesn't seem to want to work on playing with Jovetic. We could see that he wanted to work with Tevez.

Reus so far is probably my favourite & there are one or two I haven't seen much of. It appears from rumours that Bayern have already done the shit on with Reus though, so maybe he will just say 'no' to anyone else.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:20 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:By the end of the game vs QPR, Mangala was playing better than Demi imo. Wow it is sorted them....

You also said Ramos is shit. The point I am making is to be on our radar and to partner Yaya or Vinny work in progress is a tough ask. In Magala we have potential, in Fernando we have concerns that's all, Dont be having hissy fits about Colin Bell and the best YOU have ever seen ! this is a city forum not the Ted hour. Fernando looks shit at the moment just accept it and he might come good, nothing wrong in that

Fernando & Mangala have both been shit in most games. Which bit are you waiting for me to accept ? Where is it relevant to what I posted ?

Without Hart we get battered Saturday. I see the team like you do and based on what I and almost every blue has seen, they need time, is the Premier League, playing for the Champions the place ? It is not a drama yet, but it will be if we do not sort it out. Picking up the change of System the manager had no choices ,he had injuries he said that himself straight after the game. What most fans like me are seeing is a repeat of the rag year, as many others in the media and a manager have said Chelsea win one more game on a weekend we all stutter, It will be almost game over, The major point is we looked a shambles on Saturday,two brilliant moments like we had 2 yrs ago will be soon forgot, I do not think it is getting used to it, one is very slow and the other faces 2 forwards each week, crosses and mahyem as to 1 up on his own in Portugal, that will not change most teams are 442 and it appears teams are going after us to boot, We miss Vinny and Silva but have done for 4 years whenever they are out, that is crazy tbh and never been sorted. QPR Ted all over us for long periods are we not better than that. or has the work Ethic gone as it did under RM.

Tbh. Most of that's got nothing to do with what I posted re Mangala & Fernando & we're already doing it on other threads. Would be better to discuss it there.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mike J » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Someone mentioned Tevez in this thread. Just seen his goal from the weekend. Fucking amazing. Looks like he has lost weight as well.

Would have him back in a flash. Top, top player
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Scatman » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:21 pm

Mike J wrote:Someone mentioned Tevez in this thread. Just seen his goal from the weekend. Fucking amazing. Looks like he has lost weight as well.

Would have him back in a flash. Top, top player

When will someone come along who is a top, top, top player, and where do we finish with the tops?
Scatman

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:People writing off Fernando & Mangala on what they have seen so far would also have written off Colin Bell.

I m not writing them off but for money we pay they look bad for now , at list that is my opinion . If i miss Garcia on either positions u know that is not good. I pray they can show what we pay for in future .

You don't miss Garcia from when Mancini was manager; he was a joke figure. You miss the Garcia who had been at the club for a year & started to come to terms with the Premier League, who was indeed better than Fernando is right now; which is my point.

Maybe but in hes time we did not play this bad so my point is it s not who will we pair Aguero with . It is how we going to play like a team and not rellay on Yaya or Silva to be on form and if there are not we are mess . Defense are also worse then ever and we don't press anybody like team. i watch some teams who could not play against us 3 pass are now holding ball a lot , QPR is create 5 goal chances in 25 min that is saying a lot. Aguero is one of best players in world but if he only had in him that thinking of Messi that somiteme he can pass the ball he would be on Golden Ball already
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

And why am I not allowed to say what I thought of their one top performance each whilst we're at it ? If I thought it was that good, why can't I say so ?

we might have slow burners that is fine, what we have not seen other than glimpses at home, away neither have looked anything to shout about, that old saying Ted, give a player an excuse he will bite your hand off give him time he will shine, Football waits for who and time is the one thing you never get in England, on the pitch or off it . 32 mil it is game on it now for Mangala, who I did think would be a leader who could show us we will not miss Vinny, he looked anything but on Saturday, he did some good things as a lad here said like Phil Jones all of it last ditch, and gonna go pear shaped if it was against a better player like KUN. at 27 Fernando will be a fine player, however that might be in snail football is all I am saying. You have an opinion like us all.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:21 pm

the difference between us and chelsea:

1)Chelsea bought matic (jan) and fabregas and costa in the summer. All 3 have been instant successes vs. no signing, mangala and fernando who have had two good games between them. This is the frustration and why fans are unrealistically judging our newbies after 10 games. Fab has played in England before, but Costa has taken to the prem like Negredo did (Vs. Soldado). Remember, We very nearly signed soldado instead of Negredo.

2)chelsea are the only team in the prem to keep the SAME back 5 in all prem games (Aside from when their left back was banned) vs. us who turn in a new combination every week (much like the same season we went to shit under bobby).

do you agree?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:25 pm

Nick wrote:the difference between us and chelsea:

1)Chelsea bought matic (jan) and fabregas and costa in the summer. All 3 have been instant successes vs. no signing, mangala and fernando who have had two good games between them. This is the frustration and why fans are unrealistically judging our newbies after 10 games. Fab has played in England before, but Costa has taken to the prem like Negredo did (Vs. Soldado). Remember, We very nearly signed soldado instead of Negredo.

2)chelsea are the only team in the prem to keep the SAME back 5 in all prem games (Aside from when their left back was banned) vs. us who turn in a new combination every week (much like the same season we went to shit under bobby).

do you agree?

I am expecting (hoping) that using such few players will work against Chelsea over the xmas period or in january. Their starting 11 is good but there squad is not that great and the longer the squad players go without getting game time, they will be rusty when they do have to come in. An injury to Fabregas or Matic and Jon Obi Mikel comes in, an injury to any centre back and Kurt Zouma comes in.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:39 am

It would be great in a way, if out of pure neccessity, a youngster was promoted to partner Kun, but I couldn't see that happening really. It would be more likely to happen if Kun was missing also and that's not something you would wish for.
I agree with the point made about a stable back four. I think when times are bad you go back to basics.
Make the team solid first. Win 1-0. Get confidence throughout the squad and build from there.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Should have got Di Maria in , he would be ideal behind Kun or wide, great passer, now stuck in the shithole.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Should have got Di Maria in , he would be ideal behind Kun or wide, great passer, now stuck in the shithole.

We couldn't have got DiMaria in.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:13 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:It would be great in a way, if out of pure neccessity, a youngster was promoted to partner Kun, but I couldn't see that happening really. It would be more likely to happen if Kun was missing also and that's not something you would wish for.
I agree with the point made about a stable back four. I think when times are bad you go back to basics.
Make the team solid first. Win 1-0. Get confidence throughout the squad and build from there.

And if instead of winning 1-0, the back 4 isn't quite stable anyway due to perhaps an individual mistake, loses 1-0 instead & the team doesn't register a shot on target, what do you do for the next game ?

Recently the word on here was that all our problems would be solved by playing the two Ferns in midfield. then we were opened up by QPR, no problem at all.

Re kids playing with Aguero; we're not that far away from that as a possibility imo, but it would be more likely the end of next season, or the one after, when those kids were starting to become viable as a genuine alternative, rather than just promising kids.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Should have got Di Maria in , he would be ideal behind Kun or wide, great passer, now stuck in the shithole.

We couldn't have got DiMaria in.

I know mate for. We could have done a Bayern sit tight we will be back for you..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:It would be great in a way, if out of pure neccessity, a youngster was promoted to partner Kun, but I couldn't see that happening really. It would be more likely to happen if Kun was missing also and that's not something you would wish for.

And if instead of winning 1-0, the back 4 isn't quite stable anyway due to perhaps an individual mistake, loses 1-0 instead & the team doesn't register a shot on target, what do you do for the next game ?

Recently the word on here was that all our problems would be solved by playing the two Ferns in midfield. then we were opened up by QPR, no problem at all.

Re kids playing with Aguero; we're not that far away from that as a possibility imo, but it would be more likely the end of next season, or the one after, when those kids were starting to become viable as a genuine alternative, rather than just promising kids.

Hard to know what the answer is. I would think playing a regular back four, but also giving them protection from midfield, would be done with the presumption that you could eliminate the individual mistakes. You need to do it over the course of a number of games though. That would sacrifice the attacking play that we've got used to, but to be honest they aren't doing that too well as it is. 5 in midfield leaves Aguero on his own, but if it steady's the ship, you would hope that there is enough quality there to win more than you would draw. Aguero on form is a handful for anyone.
Those of you going week in week out can see far better than I can what the problems are with the team at the moment. You don't get the full picture seeing a match on television. But I do think it's like watching players that are not familiar with each other or what their roles are at times. What the reason is I've know idea. I'm sure it's a mixture of a lot of things.
Trying to get things steady first seems logical to me, before playing expansive attacking football.
If it leaves you playing Aguero every game on his own without rest, then that's a different problem. I'm glad I'm not the manager as I don't think I have any answers either.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby AntMcfc » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:49 pm

As unlikely as it may be, we should go balls-fucking-deep and splash huge cash on Reus in January. Not for this season, this season's a write off, but to prevent any sort of bidding war in the summer.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:22 pm

AntMcfc wrote:As unlikely as it may be, we should go balls-fucking-deep and splash huge cash on Reus in January. Not for this season, this season's a write off, but to prevent any sort of bidding war in the summer.

I agree, but if he comes to the Prem he will end up at Chelsea, they seem to be able to spend as much as they like with nothing being said.
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby RodneyRodney » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:19 am

Podolski on loan till the summer ?
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:25 am

gmercer1 wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:As unlikely as it may be, we should go balls-fucking-deep and splash huge cash on Reus in January. Not for this season, this season's a write off, but to prevent any sort of bidding war in the summer.

I agree, but if he comes to the Prem he will end up at Chelsea, they seem to be able to spend as much as they like with nothing being said.

If they get Pogba as well, we is fooked.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum