We need a partner for Aguero.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We need a partner for Aguero.

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:19 pm

We are obviously not as free flowing going forward as we were last season and maybe getting a lethal strikeforce will push teams back and relieve pressure on the midfield and the defense and we can play our high attacking line again.

None of the current combinations seem to suit aguero, so i hope the management are really pushing for the work permit and contract for Iheanacho. The way we are stagnating at this moment there is no harm in bringing in a striker who is completely different to anything else we have at the club and giving him a chance.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:21 pm

People writing off Fernando & Mangala on what they have seen so far would also have written off Colin Bell.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:47 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Sturridge would be great foil for Sergio.

I think we should get him back
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Original Dub wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Sturridge would be great foil for Sergio.

I think we should get him back

Great player on his day but a sicknote
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Ulloa. Pelle.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Goal say limited funds in January because potential targets like Barkley not available. Considering Jay Rodriguez though. Wilfried Bony or Ahurino worth considering imo.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:07 pm

blues2win wrote:Goal say limited funds in January because potential targets like Barkley not available. Considering Jay Rodriguez though. Wilfried Bony or Ahurino worth considering imo.

Do like Bony . Hope he rips the Arse today
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:17 pm

-------Aguero
Reus--Silva--Nasri

Sweet Jesus. Sign him up.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:40 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:We are obviously not as free flowing going forward as we were last season and maybe getting a lethal strikeforce will push teams back and relieve pressure on the midfield and the defense and we can play our high attacking line again.

None of the current combinations seem to suit aguero, so i hope the management are really pushing for the work permit and contract for Iheanacho. The way we are stagnating at this moment there is no harm in bringing in a striker who is completely different to anything else we have at the club and giving him a chance.

Spot on, as far as I'm concerned.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:People writing off Fernando & Mangala on what they have seen so far would also have written off Colin Bell.

I don't believe anyone has written them off at such an early stage(10 games gone)but both showed encouraging early signs but have been found wanting far too often in the past few weeks.I think since the club have invested so heavily in these two expectations are bound to be high.I know Fernando picked up an injury but he's been back 6 games now and still not looking like he's up to much.He has I suppose shown some encouraging defensive work but I'd hope to see much much more from him in the coming weeks.Mangala just looks like he's struggling to adjust to the pace of the premier league.No surprise really as very few fledgling premier league defenders manage to find their feet early days here.I would have rathered see Demichelis hold his partnership with Kompany for the time being and ease Mangala into the side.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:46 pm

A cunt, but Eriksen?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:29 pm

PeterParker wrote:A cunt, but Eriksen?

given his form this season, he'd feel at home with us
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Can we get some DNA off Roberto Baggio or Bergkamp set up some super lab and clone the fuckers at their peak?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby phips » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:00 pm

after watching Tevez's goal vs Parma today i can't help but think we would've run away with the league if we had Tevez and Aguero up top still
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:40 am

Green & Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:People writing off Fernando & Mangala on what they have seen so far would also have written off Colin Bell.

I don't believe anyone has written them off at such an early stage(10 games gone)but both showed encouraging early signs but have been found wanting far too often in the past few weeks.I think since the club have invested so heavily in these two expectations are bound to be high.I know Fernando picked up an injury but he's been back 6 games now and still not looking like he's up to much.He has I suppose shown some encouraging defensive work but I'd hope to see much much more from him in the coming weeks.Mangala just looks like he's struggling to adjust to the pace of the premier league.No surprise really as very few fledgling premier league defenders manage to find their feet early days here.I would have rathered see Demichelis hold his partnership with Kompany for the time being and ease Mangala into the side.

Yes they have. People are suggesting Txiki etc have questions to answer over their signings, already.

Those questions imo would be asked about a year from now. The idea players all just arrive & immediately settle into the Premier League is bollocks, & I predicted what may happen before the season started, along with some people's reaction, if/when it happened.

Both Fernando & Mangala heve turned in a performance each which I would rate close to as good as I've ever seen in their relative positions. So there's no question in my mind that they can do it, as I've already seen them do it. They have to find a way to do it every week.

By the end of the game vs QPR, Mangala was playing better than Demi imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:36 am

By the end of the game vs QPR, Mangala was playing better than Demi imo. Wow it is sorted them....

You also said Ramos is shit. The point I am making is to be on our radar and to partner Yaya or Vinny work in progress is a tough ask. In Magala we have potential, in Fernando we have concerns that's all, Dont be having hissy fits about Colin Bell and the best YOU have ever seen ! this is a city forum not the Ted hour. Fernando looks shit at the moment just accept it and he might come good, nothing wrong in that
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:07 am

Hazy2 wrote:By the end of the game vs QPR, Mangala was playing better than Demi imo. Wow it is sorted them....

You also said Ramos is shit. The point I am making is to be on our radar and to partner Yaya or Vinny work in progress is a tough ask. In Magala we have potential, in Fernando we have concerns that's all, Dont be having hissy fits about Colin Bell and the best YOU have ever seen ! this is a city forum not the Ted hour. Fernando looks shit at the moment just accept it and he might come good, nothing wrong in that

Sometimes a quality player can look shit at times due to the crap around him. I think that's the case with Fernando. A niggle and trying to make up for other players atrocities is causing him to look like a tit at times. Other times he's looked absolutely the man for the job. Let's see what he looks like in April. I have a lot of faith that he the ze mangler are going to be solid options moving forwards. I remember some cunts on hearing writing off Vinny and Zabs ffs. They didn't have the fastest starts to their city careers and they are destined to be legends kids hear stories about 50 years from now.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby kennyboy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:11 am

Bafetimbi Gomis
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 am

Hazy2 wrote:By the end of the game vs QPR, Mangala was playing better than Demi imo. Wow it is sorted them....

Fernando & Mangala have both been shit in most games. Which bit are you waiting for me to accept ? Where is it relevant to what I posted ?

And why am I not allowed to say what I thought of their one top performance each whilst we're at it ? If I thought it was that good, why can't I say so ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:00 am

I m not writing them off but for money we pay they look bad for now , at list that is my opinion . If i miss Garcia on either positions u know that is not good. I pray they can show what we pay for in future .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum