The Rags part2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Rags part2

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Just listening to 5 Live and the nauseating sycophancy and sheer lies have already started.

Van Gaal was interviewed before the game and Shreeves asked him about the atmosphere and was basically saying it was the best in the world. Van Gaal to his credit looked at him for a moment and said Feyenoord v Ajax was better lol
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:39 pm

blues2win wrote:Jonathan Northcote had clearly had a briefing from the Scum. He was told they intend to blow the domestic competition out of the water by outbidding everyone for the top players. They believe that the combination of their spending power plus FFP constraints on others will prevent any Premiership Club matching them. Even if they don't make the top four they will spend huge this Summer, he was told. Pogba will be the first big test of this.

Come on the dippers! Yes this once.

This has been happening for years mate and that's why the Rags have been able to hoover up all the best talent. It was very noticeable how many of the top players moved between the old G14 clubs during the summer, with most of the newer clubs having restrictions in-place.

This is no coincidence, it's been well thought out and engineered in a manner to keep them at the top and not allow clubs like ours a chance to prove. However, I think we're clear from FFP next year and with the increased TV/sponsorship deals, with player movement, we should have a fair bit to spend in the summer which will test their resolve.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wilson Raine » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Wilson Raine wrote:Hope it's a draw - that will do me nicely but I can't help but hope the scum get a good beating! For some reason I hate the scums manager - arrogant twat - suits em I guess.

Wouldn't mind running the rule over Henderson for potential signing maybe?

Interesting about Henderson. Has the attributes to become a good player IMO and would be a better bet than Yaya currently. I would also take him over Barkley. Doubt the dippers would sell and there is probably better value to be had on the continent

Dunno if I heard right but he (henderson) is stalling on a new contract and is a 'home grown' player. He is also a versatile player who can play in a few positions from what I've seen.
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:47 pm

Henderson is one of the worst players I have seen ever. He has about three good games all season and after them the press big him up like he's the next Gerard. He's absolute wank! If we signed him I wouldn't bother renewing my season ticket because it would show me that the club have no ambition.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Wilson Raine wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Wilson Raine wrote:Hope it's a draw - that will do me nicely but I can't help but hope the scum get a good beating! For some reason I hate the scums manager - arrogant twat - suits em I guess.

Wouldn't mind running the rule over Henderson for potential signing maybe?

Interesting about Henderson. Has the attributes to become a good player IMO and would be a better bet than Yaya currently. I would also take him over Barkley. Doubt the dippers would sell and there is probably better value to be had on the continent

Dunno if I heard right but he (henderson) is stalling on a new contract and is a 'home grown' player. He is also a versatile player who can play in a few positions from what I've seen.

Presume his contract ends next summer then? If it does it would be worth giving him a little retainer to get him on a free next summer
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:51 pm

i'd much prefer sterling to henderson. not terribly impressed with his lack of pace and he's not THAT great at anything really.

sterling really is going to be world class if you ask me.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:56 pm

Gerrad has decided that Henderson is to be his successor, that's why he was so critical (slapped arsed) when Mario took the ball off him. Henderson won't be going anywhere.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:57 pm

I've no doubt we're making a profit this year so the suspended part of the UEFA judgement won't affect us. We'll have no fine and a full CL squad next year. The question is whether we'll make enough profit to match the scum in the transfer market next Summer for the likes of Pogba. Sales will help, of course, and I suppose we won't be paying out all in one go for any big purchases.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Gerrad has decided that Henderson is to be his successor, that's why he was so critical (slapped arsed) when Mario took the ball off him. Henderson won't be going anywhere.

I hope he won't be going anywhere, cause he's absolute dog shit!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:12 pm

PS. SCUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wilson Raine » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Mase wrote:Henderson is one of the worst players I have seen ever. He has about three good games all season and after them the press big him up like he's the next Gerard. He's absolute wank! If we signed him I wouldn't bother renewing my season ticket because it would show me that the club have no ambition.

You'd not renew your season ticket if they signed someone you didn't like - really?

Guess you'd rather they spent at least 60+ million on either a scum reject or a welsh twat?
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

Postby freshie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:37 pm

Wilson Raine wrote:
Mase wrote:Henderson is one of the worst players I have seen ever. He has about three good games all season and after them the press big him up like he's the next Gerard. He's absolute wank! If we signed him I wouldn't bother renewing my season ticket because it would show me that the club have no ambition.

You'd not renew your season ticket if they signed someone you didn't like - really?

Guess you'd rather they spent at least 60+ million on either a scum reject or a welsh twat?

Definitely one of those two over Henderson
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:38 pm

This
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:38 pm

Wilson Raine wrote:

Did you read what I actually wrote?

"because it would show me that the club have no ambition."
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:40 pm

This may suit Liverpool, as they have no more reason to bottle it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Well that was much worse than Nasri's challenge which we thought he was lucky not to be red carded for.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:46 pm

Great goal from Mata.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:47 pm

What a goal
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Swamp Rats in the Rat Race for fourth.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wilson Raine » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Mase wrote:
Wilson Raine wrote:

Did you read what I actually wrote?

"because it would show me that the club have no ambition."

I guess I didn't word it correctly so I hold my hands up to that and I miss understood the quote - so basically you'd give up your season ticket because the club showed no 'ambition' in your eyes - I find that strange but that would be your choice in the end. Wish I could afford a damn season ticket lol.

In regards to Henderson I believe he has the potential to become an excellent midfielder and would cost a lot less than Bale (home grown) or Pogba. I worry about sustainability and throwing 60+ million at player makes me worried for the future.
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum