Group Phase Elimination & FFP Requirements

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Group Phase Elimination & FFP Requirements

Postby PrezIke » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:59 pm

I saw discussed on espnfc that one of the concerns of falling out of the group phase is that we based our financial projections (understandably) on revenues expected from proceeding farther in the Champions League. The point was that by not doing so we may be at risk of not meeting FFP requirements, as we are under punishment.

One would assume the Spafia have considered this already, but another concern is how this could affect our transfer policy, and the ability for us to land our primary targets. I mean we really haven't made the kind of big signings that make up the core of the team for a while now...so all those dreams of Pogba, Barkley, etc. are they at risk due to our performance?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: Group Phase Elimination & FFP Requirements

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:06 pm

I don't believe we need to qualify to pass ffp. I think we will have a hefty profit.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:07 pm

If we've based our revenue projection and ffp qualification on getting really far in the champions league we've got fucking idiots running the club.
As you know, not only have we got some fantastic football minds behind the scenes, we also have a lot if business acumen in the shape of our chairman so I wouldn't let some press "what's ifs" worry you
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:11 pm

In short, no.

A couple of extra games lost is nothing a couple of post season friendlies couldn't solve if needed be
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Hilarious. The cretins at ESPN must be as desperate as the clowns at SKY.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:13 pm

If we lose our last 2 games, we will receive €9.6m, plus 40% of the 'Market share' (last year equating to €23.7m, but more this year) as reigning English champions. That's €33.3m prize money.

If we won both of our remaining fixtures, qualified for the knockouts, and won the thing, we would get €11.6m from the group stages, as part of €34.4m in prize money overall (we lose €3m of the max prize money for having lost 2 games and drawn 2 games). We also receive EXACTLY the same 'Market share' as for going out in the group stages, from my understanding. This 'Market share' varies only slightly depending on progression in the competition, and is far, far more heavily influenced by where a team finished in the league last season.

So, overall, that's a difference of just under €25m, plus matchday revenue for 3 extra home games. Plus €2.2-3m for participation in the UEFA Super Cup. Although it's a big difference, we already get 55% of our total maximum prize & TV money for the half-arsed performance we've given.

Now here's where it gets interesting: 'Market share' for PL winners will rise from €23.7m for 2013-14 to over €53m next season, possibly considerably more than that. Therefore, it is pretty important for us to win the League this season, as the difference between finishing first and second is about €13m in CL prize money next season, before a ball is even kicked.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:14 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:If we lose our last 2 games, we will receive €9.6m, plus 40% of the 'Market share' (last year equating to €23.7m, but more this year) as reigning English champions. That's €33.3m prize money.

If we won both of our remaining fixtures, qualified for the knockouts, and won the thing, we would get €11.6m from the group stages, as part of €34.4m in prize money overall (we lose €3m of the max prize money for having lost 2 games and drawn 2 games). We also receive ALMOST EXACTLY the same 'Market share' as for going out in the group stages, from my understanding. This 'Market share' varies only slightly depending on progression in the competition, and is far, far more heavily influenced by where a team finished in the league last season.

So, overall, that's a difference of just under €25m, plus matchday revenue for 3 extra home games. Plus €2.2-3m for participation in the UEFA Super Cup. Although it's a big difference, we already get 55% of our total maximum prize & TV money for the half-arsed performance we've given.

Now here's where it gets interesting: 'Market share' for PL winners will rise from €23.7m for 2013-14 to over €53m next season, possibly considerably more than that. Therefore, it is pretty important for us to win the League this season, as the difference between finishing first and second is about €13m in CL prize money next season, before a ball is even kicked.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Return to The Maine Football forum