Munich At Home

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Munich At Home

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I wonder if Pellegrini might consider playing Mangala at left back for a temporary spell, because of Kolarov's injury.

It might also allow Mangala to 'find his feet' in the side, so to speak.

Or perhaps he thinks, like many here (including me), that Clichy needs games to find his form.

Clichy has been getting regular games for years, how many more do you think he needs to find his form. Although there was a slight improvement yesterday. he is one of the players who looks totally short of confidence. He never takes on a man anymore. When it is played out to the wing he either plays a short 4-5 yard pass or just lobs the ball forward aimlessly, he runs and stops short in no mans land and ends up getting in the way and clogging up the wing.

The disappointing thing is we all know he is a better player than he is showing, he needs to take a couple of risks in a game and get ahead of the ball and cause the opposing defence a few problems, the strike yesterday was good to see and more of that is needed
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:03 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I wonder if Pellegrini might consider playing Mangala at left back for a temporary spell, because of Kolarov's injury.

Or perhaps he thinks, like many here (including me), that Clichy needs games to find his form.

Clichy has been getting regular games for years, how many more do you think he needs to find his form. Although there was a slight improvement yesterday. he is one of the players who looks totally short of confidence. He never takes on a man anymore. When it is played out to the wing he either plays a short 4-5 yard pass or just lobs the ball forward aimlessly, he runs and stops short in no mans land and ends up getting in the way and clogging up the wing.

The disappointing thing is we all know he is a better player than he is showing, he needs to take a couple of risks in a game and get ahead of the ball and cause the opposing defence a few problems, the strike yesterday was good to see and more of that is needed

What has happened years ago is irrelevant. This is about now.

I have no idea how many games he will need to get his form back. But it is not going to happen by him not playing, that is a certainty. A show of faith will go some way towards it; by that I mean keeping him in the team. Playing a badly out-of-form, lacking-in-confidence Mangala out of position just because you fancy it is far worse than playing Clichy. So who do you play at left-back if you drop Clichy? The only other options are Sagna (no), Zabaleta (no) or an untried kid. This against Bayern Munich. Do me a favour.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Clichy was as good as any fullback yesterday. There aren't any good ones in the Premier League & Clichy was as good as you'll see, & miles better than Zabaleta. Clichy has proven he is totally unreliable but on a good day, is as good as anyone.

Zabaleta is costing us in almost every game he plays at the moment & has been one of the worst fullbacks in the league this season rather than one of the best. If Richards did what he is doing, he would be getting crucified. It's not fair to single out players for criticism just because others have hero status. I don't blame Zabba, I just think he's fucked & needs about 3 months off, but he is shite & Clichy is no more a liability than he is.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

What has happened years ago is irrelevant. This is about now.

I have no idea how many games he will need to get his form back. But it is not going to happen by him not playing, that is a certainty. A show of faith will go some way towards it; by that I mean keeping him in the team. Playing a badly out-of-form, lacking-in-confidence Mangala out of position just because you fancy it is far worse than playing Clichy. So who do you play at left-back if you drop Clichy? The only other options are Sagna (no), Zabaleta (no) or an untried kid. This against Bayern Munich. Do me a favour.

I never said play Mangala at LB, i said Zabaleta. I agree with you that Clichy is much better than he is showing at the moment and i agree that we should be as patient with footballers but some of Clichy's performances lately (along with other players) have bordered on lazy and just not putting in the effort and that is something where i think MP would be justified in dropping him to show that it will not be tolerated. He seems frozen in 2 minds on the pitch and such a big game as BM may not help his confidence at all
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby AG7 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:33 am

What the fuck is this ... ????

BREAKING: Aguero and Jovetic miss training ahead of Bayern clash

Manuel Pellegrini could be sweating on the fitness of his two remaining senior strikers after they failed to train on Monday.

Sergio Aguero and Stevan Jovetic have missed Manchester City's pre-Champions League open training session, casting doubt on their fitness for the crunch clash with Bayern Munich.

The forward pairing, who featured in the weekend win over Swansea City at the Etihad Stadium, failed to emerge as the Blues warmed up for Tuesday's meeting with the German champions.

Long-term absentees David Silva, Edin Dzeko and Aleks Kolarov also missed out, though none of that trio were expected to make it.

With Dzeko definitely sidelined and Aguero and Jovetic potentially doubtful, Manuel Pellegrini may be forced to put his faith in youth against Bayern.

Spanish starlet Jose Angel Pozo was the only striker in training for the Blues, and could be in line for a shock start.

Pozo made his only senior City appearance in the 7-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday in September, and scored an 88th-minute goal.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ad-8163617
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby AntMcfc » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:38 am

Just rest them for Southampton. Stick 10 men behind the ball, defend well and try to counter with Navas, Milner and maybe Pozo. We're done anyway, we should have had qualification wrapped up by now but instead we're virtually guaranteed to go out.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby blues2win » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:56 am

I think Aguero and Jovetic were just left out as a precaution. What is clear is that having only three strikers is a clear risk. It's not clear how long Dzeko will be out but injury to either of the other two would put us in real trouble.

We won't have the strongest bench with Yaya Fernandinho Dzeko and Kolarov all out.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:42 pm

blues2win wrote:I think Aguero and Jovetic were just left out as a precaution. What is clear is that having only three strikers is a clear risk. It's not clear how long Dzeko will be out but injury to either of the other two would put us in real trouble.

We won't have the strongest bench with Yaya Fernandinho Dzeko and Kolarov all out.

Great thread on here a season or so back when people were explaining how it's no risk at all to have just 3 strikers. Some were taking the piss out of me for highlighting the exact risks. Quiet recently.

Think this instance is bollocks btw. Be surprrised if both aren't available & 100% fit. Expect he's just giving them a breather.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:I think Aguero and Jovetic were just left out as a precaution. What is clear is that having only three strikers is a clear risk. It's not clear how long Dzeko will be out but injury to either of the other two would put us in real trouble.

Great thread on here a season or so back when people were explaining how it's no risk at all to have just 3 strikers. Some were taking the piss out of me for highlighting the exact risks. Quiet recently.

Think this instance is bollocks btw. Be surprrised if both aren't available & 100% fit. Expect he's just giving them a breather.

This on all counts. Aguero and Jovetic are being wrapped in cotton wool, given they are our only 2 fit strikers. I wouldn't start with both of them on Tues anyway, though Manuel and his 4-4-2 idea probably will.

We desperately need a new forward in January as well.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Pellegrini says both Aguero and Jovetic are fit and in the squad for tomorrow.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

This on all counts. Aguero and Jovetic are being wrapped in cotton wool, given they are our only 2 fit strikers. I wouldn't start with both of them on Tues anyway, though Manuel and his 4-4-2 idea probably will.

If we could sign a genuine world class one, or get some kind of Henrik Larsson type deal on a veteran goal machine, I'd do it.

Otherwise I'd rather we just stockpile the cash for next summer, even if we win fuck all, unless it's a real deciding factor. Sometimes it just has to be that way. See how close we are to Chelsea come Jan. If it's close, it might be worth paying the extra winter tax for a player.

Otherwise, give Cole a go. And of course we still don't know what's happening with Iheanacho yet.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

If we could sign a genuine world class one, or get some kind of Henrik Larsson type deal on a veteran goal machine, I'd do it.

Otherwise I'd rather we just stockpile the cash for next summer, even if we win fuck all, unless it's a real deciding factor. Sometimes it just has to be that way. See how close we are to Chelsea come Jan. If it's close, it might be worth paying the extra winter tax for a player.

Otherwise, give Cole a go. And of course we still don't know what's happening with Iheanacho yet.

Isnt this kid in the EDS the 'actual' goal machine.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Elite-Development ... rdy-Hiwula
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Good point on Iheanacho. We definitely need someone in the squad who we can use up top - and that someone isn't a crocked and "wont be fully fit till next August" Jay Rodriguez either.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Pozo training with the squad and I imagine will be on the bench. Interesting that George Glendon from the EDS was there as well.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:01 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Isnt this kid in the EDS the 'actual' goal machine.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Elite-Development ... rdy-Hiwula

He's a goalscorer, & some of his finishes are spectacular, but he is also a goal misser. A bit of an old school kind of striker who you can't decide whether having him on the pitch is a good or bad idea, then he scores a golazo, (or misses a tap in). Not sure what to make of him tbh.

Cole is more of a player in general, although he misses a fair few himself when I've seen him. He was looking as if he was fizzling out to become mediocre, but then suddely went up a gear again, playing wide as well as striker, putting in a good shift & scoring some cracking goals & by all accounts is doing very well indeed at Barnsley right now. (Their fans have described it as 'letting your poorer relations borrow your Ferrari for the afternoon).

And he has a decent build, can beat a man & is fast.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Stuart Brennan has wrote

City and Bayern Munich fans have joined forces to protest at their shoddy treatment in the CSKA Moscow fiasco.

And two supporters groups – City’s 1894 Group and Bayern’s Club Nr. 12 – will stage a protest by turning their backs and booing or whistling through the Uefa anthem ahead of their Championship League match at the Etihad tomorrow night.

The two groups have requested a joint meeting with UEFA officials ahead of the game to express their frustration that the closure of CSKA’s stadium had a greater impact on travelling supporters.

Both Bayern and City fans had already booked flights and hotels and paid for visas before UEFA punished CSKA.

Calls from the clubs for compensation to be paid to out-of-pocket fans from CSKA’s fine have been ignored and a statement released by the 1894 Group said: “We have heard little in the way of understanding towards supporters from Uefa themselves after fans were denied access to the matches in Moscow.

“We support the call Bayern fans have made for Uefa officials to meet them and us to listen to our point of view.”

To add to Bayern and City fans’ frustrations, many CSKA fans circumvented the ban and Uefa then reduced the punishment on appeal. City fans are also annoyed at UEFA’s financial fair play rules.

“We are a club penalised for trying to better ourselves. Other clubs spend fortunes and go into debt yet the punishment is not equal,” said the statement.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Stuart Brennan has wrote

City and Bayern Munich fans have joined forces to protest at their shoddy treatment in the CSKA Moscow fiasco.

And two supporters groups – City’s 1894 Group and Bayern’s Club Nr. 12 – will stage a protest by turning their backs and booing or whistling through the Uefa anthem ahead of their Championship League match at the Etihad tomorrow night.

The two groups have requested a joint meeting with UEFA officials ahead of the game to express their frustration that the closure of CSKA’s stadium had a greater impact on travelling supporters.

Both Bayern and City fans had already booked flights and hotels and paid for visas before UEFA punished CSKA.

Calls from the clubs for compensation to be paid to out-of-pocket fans from CSKA’s fine have been ignored and a statement released by the 1894 Group said: “We have heard little in the way of understanding towards supporters from Uefa themselves after fans were denied access to the matches in Moscow.

“We support the call Bayern fans have made for Uefa officials to meet them and us to listen to our point of view.”

To add to Bayern and City fans’ frustrations, many CSKA fans circumvented the ban and Uefa then reduced the punishment on appeal. City fans are also annoyed at UEFA’s financial fair play rules.

“We are a club penalised for trying to better ourselves. Other clubs spend fortunes and go into debt yet the punishment is not equal,” said the statement.

Like it WW , like it ! in the style of what Ernie Wise 'Wrote' he he !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:35 pm

City youngsters on fire against Bayern. 3-0 up within half an hour. Brandon Barker on the score sheet again.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Now 5-0 Thierry Ambrose apparently having a stormer.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:52 pm

87. GOAL CITY!! It is six! Bersant Celina with another brilliant dinked finish over the keeper to make it 6-0!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum