Munich At Home

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Munich At Home

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Perhaps winning the double ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The same fucking shite again regarding Yaya.

What about the other fucking 15 or so players who have been average to shite for weeks ? They're all shite because of Yaya Toure ?

BOLLOCKS.

Why are people picking on a few individuals when more or less the whole squad has been underperforming & Yaya is one of the players who has actually kept us alive during this period ?

because as you've mentioned in your other thread everything we do revolves around yaya toure; so when has a dip; the whole team do. I get that he is still pulling out an amazing pass that gets us a goal; but the whole midfield has turned to shit. And we don't have answers.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby phips » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:20 pm

well Lahm broke his ankle and is out. Alaba is also out.

Silva will hopefully be back for us.

still gonna be tough without Fernandinho and Yaya
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby City64 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Nick wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:The same fucking shite again regarding Yaya.

What about the other fucking 15 or so players who have been average to shite for weeks ? They're all shite because of Yaya Toure ?

BOLLOCKS.

Why are people picking on a few individuals when more or less the whole squad has been underperforming & Yaya is one of the players who has actually kept us alive during this period ?

because as you've mentioned in your other thread everything we do revolves around yaya toure; so when has a dip; the whole team do. I get that he is still pulling out an amazing pass that gets us a goal; but the whole midfield has turned to shit. And we don't have answers.

We need to start learning how to play without Yaya , this could be the perfect opportunity .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:30 pm

so the Munchens, Vinny a major doubt, Silva-TBC, No Yaya, No Ferna, No Dzeko, Pellers will need his thinking cap for Swansea and hope we get no more injuries.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Hazy2 wrote:so the Munchens, Vinny a major doubt, Silva-TBC, No Yaya, No Ferna, No Dzeko, Pellers will need his thinking cap for Swansea and hope we get no more injuries.

Not much of a crowd either having just checked on the OS seat planner. I think Vinny will be back but the others will be missing as u say.
Joe
Zaba Vinny Mangala clichy
Fern 2 Jimmy
Nava Frank nasri
Aguero
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Yaya didn't play last time we beat them.

But I watched Milner very closely last night, & all I learned from his performance, was how immobile he looked for most of the time, & how bad his passing was, compared to when he plays out wide. Suddenly, rather than sprinting into tackles & nailing people everywhere, Milner was doing the 'Yaya jog' where he has to pick his moments & only sprint on occasion, let others cover where he normally would, & was often fatigued when the ball came to him, so his touch was off, or he would pass instead of running etc. Even Milner isn't fit enough to do the job we expect Yaya to do; he has to take breathers, just the same.

It made me realise just how good Yaya is, & indeed Fernandinho.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Its a Champions League game.

Bayern could probably field their Under 16s, we could have a full squad, and we'd still come out and play like shit gifting goals away like presents, and lose 3-1.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:06 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:so the Munchens, Vinny a major doubt, Silva-TBC, No Yaya, No Ferna, No Dzeko, Pellers will need his thinking cap for Swansea and hope we get no more injuries.

Not much of a crowd either having just checked on the OS seat planner. I think Vinny will be back but the others will be missing as u say.
Joe
Zaba Vinny Mangala clichy
Fern 2 Jimmy
Nava Frank nasri
Aguero

I have just had my level 2 East front rows given back to me, which must mean the a piss poor turn out. Begs the question do we want Chumps.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Feed The Goat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:22 am

I believe a lot of fans don't want it as its an unnecessary expense. The club should be doing more affordable tickets like versus CSKA as its the powers that be at city that want a good showing
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:00 am

Feed The Goat wrote:I believe a lot of fans don't want it as its an unnecessary expense. The club should be doing more affordable tickets like versus CSKA as its the powers that be at city that want a good showing

Its been said before, but I think the fans are a) sick of the high prices for CL games, b) sick of the utterly shit performances by City in that competition. Combine the 2 together and we will be lucky to get 40k for that game.

In an entertaining sort of way, as it seems to irk Utd fans and the media so much next weeks usual debate on our European crowds should be worth watching.

If City - a) made tickets more reasonably priced, b) started playing better and winning the odd game in the CL, then maybe the ground would be full?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:46 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:I believe a lot of fans don't want it as its an unnecessary expense. The club should be doing more affordable tickets like versus CSKA as its the powers that be at city that want a good showing

Its been said before, but I think the fans are a) sick of the high prices for CL games, b) sick of the utterly shit performances by City in that competition. Combine the 2 together and we will be lucky to get 40k for that game.

In an entertaining sort of way, as it seems to irk Utd fans and the media so much next weeks usual debate on our European crowds should be worth watching.

If City - a) made tickets more reasonably priced, b) started playing better and winning the odd game in the CL, then maybe the ground would be full?

B is the answer all day long, if we were actually playing well and challenging for top of the group, this game would have been sold out a long time ago.
Abject performances and high prices = less people, its very simple economics.

I am in the cup scheme, but if we fall into the Europa, I am seriously going to think about cancelling my subscription
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:

B is the answer all day long, if we were actually playing well and challenging for top of the group, this game would have been sold out a long time ago.
Abject performances and high prices = less people, its very simple economics.

I am in the cup scheme, but if we fall into the Europa, I am seriously going to think about cancelling my subscription

that would be a mistake Rodders ! This time next year we could be millionaires .
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:12 am

I cancelled my cup scheme when they decided to sell the Moscow game as BOGOF. Since I already had my tickets, freebies weren't of much use, so I'll save some cash in future and pick and choose the games. Anyway, I've since had two calls from the club checking I really meant to do it and didn't want to go to the Munich game, so I'm guessing it's not sold out. Maybe if they offer me two for one I might take them up on it.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:18 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:I cancelled my cup scheme when they decided to sell the Moscow game as BOGOF. Since I already had my tickets, freebies weren't of much use, so I'll save some cash in future and pick and choose the games. Anyway, I've since had two calls from the club checking I really meant to do it and didn't want to go to the Munich game, so I'm guessing it's not sold out. Maybe if they offer me two for one I might take them up on it.

I totally agree the BOGOF kneejerk thing was so poorly thought out.

this thread on the official club site City Voice said exactly the same as you, however, they have completely ignored the people complaining

https://city-voice.vcfeedback.com/Forum ... 1dbc8ca4fd

This type of head in the sand stuff from the club makes me dislike how things are going
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:51 am

How are we going to line up for this one. Cant see us playing 2 up front and dont think lampard has the legs to start such a game. Even if BM rest a few players, whoever they bring in will be players that will be able to pass, maintain position and try and control the midfield. Feel we are really going to miss Kolorov for this game.

We need to pack the midfield with ball winners and players who will get stuck in and need just the odd spark of brilliance up front. Will MP try something he hasnt done before to try and surprise BM. Maybe;

..................................Hart

Sagna.........Kompany.........Mangala...........Zabaleta

...................Fernando........Demichilis

........Milner................Nasri.....................Pozo

...............................Aguero

Although i know Nasri wont get stuck in, he will drop deep to pick up the ball and be the link between the defence and the attack. The game might be too big for Pozo but i feel he would be that suprise package that BM mightn't know how to deal with and he will get stuck in more so than Jovetic. Clichy cannot play this game, he will be targeted from the off especially if Robben moves out on that wing. At least Zabaleta on the left side will be probably dealing with a winger who will be trying to run inside him and if Zabaleta gets forwards into a shooting position he will be able to shoot on his right foot rather than blazing more shots over the bar.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ant london » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:13 am

"Creative" is the only thing I can really say about that team. Not a chance that selection will see the light of day....for any match this season.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:32 pm

I wonder if Pellegrini might consider playing Mangala at left back for a temporary spell, because of Kolarov's injury.

It might also allow Mangala to 'find his feet' in the side, so to speak.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I wonder if Pellegrini might consider playing Mangala at left back for a temporary spell, because of Kolarov's injury.

It might also allow Mangala to 'find his feet' in the side, so to speak.

Or perhaps he thinks, like many here (including me), that Clichy needs games to find his form.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:36 pm

ant london wrote:"Creative" is the only thing I can really say about that team. Not a chance that selection will see the light of day....for any match this season.

Clichy and Navas are so far of the level we need at the moment and although i really rate Jovetic, i dont think this is the game to play 2 up front. I think Pozo would really work hard up and down that wing and will track back, a young player who will be really trying to impress. Watching Zabaleta yesterday, i think he got in a great position twice and skied the ball over the bar with his left foot, put him on the other side he can charge into the box turning onto his right side and defending he will most likely be up against an attacker who will be trying to come inside him, BM are one of the teams where you can get away with playing inverted fullbacks as it will also cut down on the space between the centre back and the full back.

I believe if we play our normal tactics (in our current form and confidence), we will get beaten, no matter what team BM put out. MP has to try something different, the players clearly need a shake up
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum