Munich At Home

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Munich At Home

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Nick wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Nick wrote:Appreciate what you are all saying but what is a half full, even flatter atmosphere going to achieve??

Last night was do or die and it was flat from the start - the crap atmosphere transmits to the players (clichy example. Clichy was the one quoted as saying he needed the fans before kick off FFS).

An empty stadium sends a message out that we will not tolerate blatant bias. On the flip side, this would get reported as 'crap city fans glory hunting'.

i'm just out of ideas as to how we speak out against the bias. Vince needs to speak out. He respected throughout the world. How is there no aftermath with the ref booking a completely different player? Why can't we appeal the result?

At best the ref will disappear to some obscure league just like the paid off ref did In the Europa in the kiev match (Mario got sent off). People forget that we had even worse decisions in the Europa - yet we had a better atmosphere in a lot of those games.

This is an extreme and ridiculous idea but if we finish in the top four at the end of this season [or, especially, if we were to win the League], we ought to then refuse to enter either of the European competitions, as a form of protest.

This would cause a stir which the media couldn't ignore and distort and which even the Fat Frenchmen would find it difficult to sweep under the carpet. However, as a consequence, it would probably then cause us to be banned from European competitions 'ad infinitum' and, in any event, such a course would be very distasteful to our owners.

It would certainly be a way of protesting though.

but it won't happen as the steer from the clubs top brass is ''bend over backwards for UEFA". I thought we had lawyers building a case for this FFP bollocks? I thought the reason we didn't challenge was because we would be 'banned' from Europe for a year pending investigation and this was something that 'was not feasible to the fans/or from a financial perspective".

Well in hindsight, I'd much rather we weren't in Europe this year pending a dispute with UEFA about FFP whilst we proceeded to buy players like Barkley, Pogba, Isco, Di Maria (spit) and a striker....

Being a pessimist at the best of times (or should that be the worst of times), I don't think we'll need to worry at all about European competitions next season.

Our current form is so dispiriting that I feel we might only finish in mid-table come the end of May. We could be fighting it out with the Scum to avoid sneaking in to one of the Europa places.

In theory, this would give us the opportunity to spend big and re-build our ageing squad but, in all actuality, I don't think the money will be there and our open cheque book days, when we could go out and buy half a team, are now well behind us. It might mean that we've got to do a 'Twitcher' and start selling, buying and generally wheeler-dealing to change things.

On the other hand, maybe we would be better employed bringing in the youngsters from now on, rather than waiting any longer.

They couldn't do any worse than what's happening at the moment.

They are not ready for starting in the Premier League, but no reason some can't play in dead games or be on the bench for domestic cup games.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:44 pm

I was there to see us win the league and at wembley to see us win the cup. I ain't bailing now. Being a fan is about the "thick and thin" times. We know that better than anyone. If it costs too much for some then fair enough, but if not then we should go. I'm going to watch City, I don't give a fuck about Uefa or the refs.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:13 pm

WOW.

Hard to believe I am hearing all this.We are one of the best teams in Europe with 2 premier league titles in the last 3 years plus a few cop wins compared to 7 years or so back when we were nowhere. Yes we are in shit run of form at the moment ( still 2nd in the league though),individuals are seriously off the boil (maybe some might be past it),the manager seems a little stubborn with his tactics bla bla bla BUT why all the giving up talk. And yes I watch the games and wonder what the hell is going on with the performances and attitudes but we will get it right again and hopefully sooner rather than later.

We need to stay strong behind the team even though it's clearly not easy at the moment while they are performing so badly and trust they will come out of it.We arguably have the best owners in world football and I doubt they are too impressed with what's happened in the last month but I doubt they would be very impressed by some of the fans reactions either!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:51 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:WOW.

Hard to believe I am hearing all this.We are one of the best teams in Europe with 2 premier league titles in the last 3 years plus a few cop wins compared to 7 years or so back when we were nowhere. Yes we are in shit run of form at the moment ( still 2nd in the league though),individuals are seriously off the boil (maybe some might be past it),the manager seems a little stubborn with his tactics bla bla bla BUT why all the giving up talk. And yes I watch the games and wonder what the hell is going on with the performances and attitudes but we will get it right again and hopefully sooner rather than later.

We need to stay strong behind the team even though it's clearly not easy at the moment while they are performing so badly and trust they will come out of it.We arguably have the best owners in world football and I doubt they are too impressed with what's happened in the last month but I doubt they would be very impressed by some of the fans reactions either!

Guardiola said it last year, take it as it is a big defeat and come back it will be all you can do. Just seems when we have a door ajar we close it in this competition. From players Doug we do look lost for answers Vinny looked baffled last night.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby AntMcfc » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:51 pm

What makes you all think Bayern will play their reserves? They're a proud, professional outfit who won't want us to qualify. They have Hertha on the weekend, that's hardly a cause for concern so I really don't see them resting more than a player or two.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:58 pm

AntMcfc wrote:What makes you all think Bayern will play their reserves? They're a proud, professional outfit who won't want us to qualify. They have Hertha on the weekend, that's hardly a cause for concern so I really don't see them resting more than a player or two.

I believe they rested their first team last time they visited ours when they had it sown up.

They may be professional, but they're not fucking idiots. If they have already secured top spot they'd be silly to start full strength.
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Original Dub wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:What makes you all think Bayern will play their reserves? They're a proud, professional outfit who won't want us to qualify. They have Hertha on the weekend, that's hardly a cause for concern so I really don't see them resting more than a player or two.

I believe they rested their first team last time they visited ours when they had it sown up.

They may be professional, but they're not fucking idiots. If they have already secured top spot they'd be silly to start full strength.

Unlike us they also have a nice warm winter camp in Dubai to look forward to, they will come to beast us. Then a game or two and three weeks off.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:35 am

I accept what you're saying Mr H, but please don't confuse a dose of realism with "giving up talk".

Granted, the team is in a terrible run of form and concern is now being widely voiced about our level of performances but, at the end of the day, are there any positive signs that we are actually going to pull out of this slump ??

At the moment, there don't appear to be any and the overall worry is that when a slide starts, if it's not rectified quickly, it could continue at an ever increasing rate. We're all behind City and you're right when you reckon we've got to give them our full backing, in whatever way possible, but the perception from recent games is that there is something organically wrong with the team, the dressing room, the management or whatever and there doesn't seem to be any immediate cause for optimism that it is being sorted.

It's not "giving up talk"; it's a realistic concern.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I accept what you're saying Mr H, but please don't confuse a dose of realism with "giving up talk".

Granted, the team is in a terrible run of form and concern is now being widely voiced about our level of performances but, at the end of the day, are there any positive signs that we are actually going to pull out of this slump ??

At the moment, there don't appear to be any and the overall worry is that when a slide starts, if it's not rectified quickly, it could continue at an ever increasing rate. We're all behind City and you're right when you reckon we've got to give them our full backing, in whatever way possible, but the perception from recent games is that there is something organically wrong with the team, the dressing room, the management or whatever and there doesn't seem to be any immediate cause for optimism that it is being sorted.

The big problem imo is calling one defeat at West Ham a 'slump' . Last weekend we were unlucky not to be knocking ten in vs a 9 man 200 million rags team.

This fucking European SHITE has taken all the edge from that, indeed the hangover & damage to morale from the same shite was almost responsible for us slipping up vs the rags.

We WON our last Premier League game, against Manchester Utd.

If not for this horrible, plastic fucking cheating shite, we would be full of beans now, looking forward to battering QPR & getting back to our best.

Instead, the captain is talking about how many games, & breaks, there are before we play Bayern fucking Munich.

FUCK THAT!! FUCK IT OFF!

Worry about Bayern Munich, on the Monday before we play them, then fuck it back off when the ref blows the final whistle & concentrate on Southampton.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

The big problem imo is calling one defeat at West Ham a 'slump' . Last weekend we were unlucky not to be knocking ten in vs a 9 man 200 million rags team.

This fucking European SHITE has taken all the edge from that, indeed the hangover & damage to morale from the same shite was almost responsible for us slipping up vs the rags.

We WON our last Premier League game, against Manchester Utd.

If not for this horrible, plastic fucking cheating shite, we would be full of beans now, looking forward to battering QPR & getting back to our best.

Instead, the captain is talking about how many games, & breaks, there are before we play Bayern fucking Munich.

FUCK THAT!! FUCK IT OFF!

Worry about Bayern Munich, on the Monday before we play them, then fuck it back off when the ref blows the final whistle & concentrate on Southampton.

Agreed Bayern is a long way off and they way they play is on the DVD back at Carrington or Ashton New Road. QPR QPR AND QPR or as the posts have suggested the players and the management are gonna get caned of we lose.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:32 pm

" but the perception from recent games is that there is something organically wrong with the team, the dressing room, the management or whatever and there doesn't seem to be any immediate cause for optimism that it is being sorted."

That's the ultimate worry and always will be with City or any team when things start to go wonky. It's not that the team or some individuals have a bad game or make silly mistakes it's when the attitude and team play just seems to go wrong.The Newcastle and Moscow games almost defied description in just how poor we were and somewhere in the middle the team got it together to beat the scum.

I worry that there is something wrong in the dressing room as there was in Mancini times.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:" but the perception from recent games is that there is something organically wrong with the team, the dressing room, the management or whatever and there doesn't seem to be any immediate cause for optimism that it is being sorted."

That's the ultimate worry and always will be with City or any team when things start to go wonky. It's not that the team or some individuals have a bad game or make silly mistakes it's when the attitude and team play just seems to go wrong.The Newcastle and Moscow games almost defied description in just how poor we were and somewhere in the middle the team got it together to beat the scum.

I worry that there is something wrong in the dressing room as there was in Mancini times.

There have been plenty of things wrong in the rags' dressing room it now transpires. Still got on with it & won titles even though some of them didn't like each other & some were at loggerheads with the manager.

They've had that one as an excuse with Mancini, who is a difficult character. Pellegrini isn't. Any other complaint can wait til the end of the season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:" but the perception from recent games is that there is something organically wrong with the team, the dressing room, the management or whatever and there doesn't seem to be any immediate cause for optimism that it is being sorted."

Like what ? The manager treats them like human beings and is placid, they are all getting games, they have been given contract extensions................so how can anything be wrong in the dressing room ???

Its our game plan that's fuckign everything up in my opinion and the players seem to be lacking belief when we go a goal down.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:32 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Like what ? The manager treats them like human beings and is placid, they are all getting games, they have been given contract extensions................so how can anything be wrong in the dressing room ???

Its our game plan that's fuckign everything up in my opinion and the players seem to be lacking belief when we go a goal down.

and that in a nutshell could be what the problem is in the dressing room. If the key players don't think the way we are set up is correct and with Yaya as one of the so called defensive midfield players they may not be committed to it as they should be.Pure conjecture of course
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nick » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:54 pm

fuck this 'players unhappy' talk

wasn't there a load of bull around players ''not listening to mancini and playing how they wanted'' when we battered teams towards the end of his reign and the run in to winning the league post the emirates/balotelli gate.

if the players don't agree with pellers shape etc wouldnt they be doing the same? i.e. yaya thinking ''fuck it im playing further forward''. Fact is yaya is a different player and we all predicted this in the summer.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:23 pm

Nick wrote:fuck this 'players unhappy' talk

wasn't there a load of bull around players ''not listening to mancini and playing how they wanted'' when we battered teams towards the end of his reign and the run in to winning the league post the emirates/balotelli gate.

if the players don't agree with pellers shape etc wouldnt they be doing the same? i.e. yaya thinking ''fuck it im playing further forward''. Fact is yaya is a different player and we all predicted this in the summer.

We pissed on chips by ignoring cake gate , his agent must be counting the days til New Year's Eve. Yaya did not get his Xmas card !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:48 pm

He's a Muslim
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:13 am

The same fucking shite again regarding Yaya.

What about the other fucking 15 or so players who have been average to shite for weeks ? They're all shite because of Yaya Toure ?

BOLLOCKS.

Why are people picking on a few individuals when more or less the whole squad has been underperforming & Yaya is one of the players who has actually kept us alive during this period ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:22 am

RodneyRodney wrote:He's a Muslim

and the club will still send seasons greetings to every employee or you might be onto it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby bayblue » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:59 am

[/quote]

and that in a nutshell could be what the problem is in the dressing room. If the key players don't think the way we are set up is correct and with Yaya as one of the so called defensive midfield players they may not be committed to it as they should be.Pure conjecture of course[/quote]

I'm with you on this one. There's scarcely a person on this site who thinks we are set up right - why on earth wouldn't the players have the same view?
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum