Jojo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jojo

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:36 pm

I'd disagree with that assessment of Silva. He constantly is looking to open up defences with a ball that may or may not come off. It's what sets him apart from Nasri who will wander and pass going aimlessly from side to side without achieving anything.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:30 pm

AntMcfc wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Still finding his feet but he's shown enough to suggest that when/if he gets a real run of injury free consistent games he'll prove his worth. He's always looking to make things happen. As much as we love Silva and Nasri they do sometimes dilly dally on the ball for 15 minutes and the move fizzles out, Jojo seems more likely to just have a go, often it won't come off but plenty of times it will and has.

This 'dilly dallying' is what's known as not trying to force the issue. Nasri and Silva are possession players, if there is a high risk percentage of the pass they won't play it, and rightly so because it's what they're instructed to do. Jovetic, on the other hand, is not a percentage player at all, and does try to force passes and combinations that aren't there. Nasri and Silva's insistence on keeping the ball builds large spells of pressure for long periods of time, something that's seen us win countless numbers of games over the years, and it's something that needs to be done against sides that defend well in a deep block.

I honestly don't think Jovetic has shown enough to suggest he can find a place in this side for the long term. I don't know how long we have to persist with him before people realise. He's lively and very good technically, but that doesn't make you an effective player. He doesn't affect the game in the right areas.

If Jovetic had been wearing a David Silva mask today, he would have received 20 more passes.

I thought Aguero was working with him a bit more, but having watched it again, the only difference is that Aguero was more willing to receive passes from Jovetic without making him look a twat. No interest in playing a return ball though, no matter how good the run. When Jovetic runs between the lines, nobody passes to him. Appears to me he is not wanted.

Jovetic is living off scraps & trying to make a difference, & actually managing to make a difference. But I doubt he has a future unless Dzeko will work with him.

Meanwhile, there's a thread on Navas going cold. MOTD highlighted how Pellegrini used him to win the tactical battle v Ronald. And that means there is probably a Pellegrini thread going cold too.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby kinkylola » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Still finding his feet but he's shown enough to suggest that when/if he gets a real run of injury free consistent games he'll prove his worth. He's always looking to make things happen. As much as we love Silva and Nasri they do sometimes dilly dally on the ball for 15 minutes and the move fizzles out, Jojo seems more likely to just have a go, often it won't come off but plenty of times it will and has.

This 'dilly dallying' is what's known as not trying to force the issue. Nasri and Silva are possession players, if there is a high risk percentage of the pass they won't play it, and rightly so because it's what they're instructed to do. Jovetic, on the other hand, is not a percentage player at all, and does try to force passes and combinations that aren't there. Nasri and Silva's insistence on keeping the ball builds large spells of pressure for long periods of time, something that's seen us win countless numbers of games over the years, and it's something that needs to be done against sides that defend well in a deep block.

I honestly don't think Jovetic has shown enough to suggest he can find a place in this side for the long term. I don't know how long we have to persist with him before people realise. He's lively and very good technically, but that doesn't make you an effective player. He doesn't affect the game in the right areas.

If Jovetic had been wearing a David Silva mask today, he would have received 20 more passes.

I thought Aguero was working with him a bit more, but having watched it again, the only difference is that Aguero was more willing to receive passes from Jovetic without making him look a twat. No interest in playing a return ball though, no matter how good the run. When Jovetic runs between the lines, nobody passes to him. Appears to me he is not wanted.

Jovetic is living off scraps & trying to make a difference, & actually managing to make a difference. But I doubt he has a future unless Dzeko will work with him.

Meanwhile, there's a thread on Navas going cold. MOTD highlighted how Pellegrini used him to win the tactical battle v Ronald. And that means there is probably a Pellegrini thread going cold too.

agree ... Has jovetic started up top by himself in a game where both yaya and silva are unavailable? I feel like that's what it will take for people to pass to him and/or look for his runs.

He maintained our possession so many times with his quick feet and hard work in the attacking third. Got absolutely no consideration from our other players .
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby kinkylola » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:51 am

jojo good.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:30 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:

Ted that was always a case . i saw that from one season of Aguero , he has ability to be the best in world( to be Messi for lack of better term what is the best in world today), but for that u need not only score goals, u must play for team, assist. Kun is amazing ,but no way he will pass to anybody. If he start run with ball but he scores and u can't complain. Only if he would be more inclined to play with others City would feel a big difference, Aguero would have maybe few less goals but City would have a lot more.i would love somebody to create video of Kun where he could pass and did not so that fans take notice how much is .that.But no matter what hes amazing and even if he don't pass hes doing hes job great , only i know we would be a lot better team if few players change there habits.
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:57 am

He played great last night,trickery,guile,awareness and a great finish his problem is staying fit though he seems to be made out of farts and licorice.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:01 am

His work rate and movement pulling defenders out of position and making runs is excellent, one minor thing he sometimes gives the ball away too easily, but he is proving his worth and a better partner for sergio.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:05 pm

There was one move last night, where Jovetic turned, ran at the centre of the defence (as he often does) layed off the ball (as he often does) and rather than just standing ignoring him, or getting the ball & running off sideways, both Sergio & Yaya Toure involved themselves in a quick 123 pass move which almost got Jovetic right through the centre of their box.

It didn't work, but it almost did, & it's the first time I have ever seen any of them even try to engage with Jovetic in that area. Proper Barca stuff & well worth trying, even if it doesn't come off. Jovetic's goal was a similar kind of move in a way.

When do you ever see City play a quick ball in like that 2nd goal v a packed defence & a one touch from Aguero ? When Yaya gets the ball, Jovetic is stood on the edge of the box, between him & Aguero, in a typical Silva type position.

That is the influence of Jovetic can have imo, & the Count is having a word to the rest, to wake up to the possibilities.

We could have played that move in any of the games vs Sunderland or Stoke etc in the past, but we never have had the coordination & purpose to do it. The influence of Jovetic, as a kind of midfield/striker can give us another dimension, then we can start getting Dzeko & Silva involved in a similar way when they play & it will happen even if Jovetic doesn't play.

He is different & he is really fucking good.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum