Jojo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jojo

Postby zuricity » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:30 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:I'll be really surprised if he starts a game for City from now until Xmas.

Why?.....

Because he's an idiot. (Zuri that is, not Jovetic)

i have been called worse, but it's nice to know where you are coming from. Idiot eh ?

it is my opinion that Jovetic has had enough chances to prove he can hack the creative role in the midfield and he hasn't taken any of those chances.

He is not a teenager, he has had many years experience and people keep saying he will come good, he needs time. Well i think the time has run out for him. He should be replacing Toure or Silva in midfield and he isn't.

Like i say , i will be surprised if he starts a game again soon. I don't think he is good enough to start.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:15 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:I'll be really surprised if he starts a game for City from now until Xmas.

Why?.....

Because he's an idiot. (Zuri that is, not Jovetic)

i have been called worse, but it's nice to know where you are coming from. Idiot eh ?

it is my opinion that Jovetic has had enough chances to prove he can hack the creative role in the midfield and he hasn't taken any of those chances.

He is not a teenager, he has had many years experience and people keep saying he will come good, he needs time. Well i think the time has run out for him. He should be replacing Toure or Silva in midfield and he isn't.

Like i say , i will be surprised if he starts a game again soon. I don't think he is good enough to start.

Fair post Zurich.

Didn't see any idiotic content in that.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby city72 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Why doesn't aguero pass the ball to him?
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:45 pm

city72 wrote:Why doesn't aguero pass the ball to him?

Aguero isn't about passing much. Although his layoff to yaya was sweet. He only passes when confronted with 110% no chance of getting jack shit. If it was Vegas odds he's still let it ride and try his luck.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:47 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
city72 wrote:Why doesn't aguero pass the ball to him?

Aguero isn't about passing much. Although his layoff to yaya was sweet. He only passes when confronted with 110% no chance of getting jack shit. If it was Vegas odds he's still let it ride and try his luck.

Cheers

Nice pass for Clichy's goal though.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Today made me wonder if the Count has had a word. Such as 'if you really want to be as good as Messi....' etc. I think the Count has found the secret with this 'best player in the world' thing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Today made me wonder if the Count has had a word. Such as 'if you really want to be as good as Messi....' etc. I think the Count has found the secret with this 'best player in the world' thing.

What do you mean?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

What do you mean?

Aguero is often injured, but even when fit, sometimes a bit lazy, sometimes a bit greedy. The Count is, I believe, persuading him he can be as good as Messi & Ronaldo if he goes up a gear, & he is trying to do it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:03 pm

More rubbish from this lad. One of the most overrated players in the league. Honestly hope he doesn't start another game for a while. Aguero leading the line, Silva 10, Nasri and Milner wide. That's as good as we'll get now.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby s1ty m » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:23 pm

I watched him closely in the warm up for Swansea last week and he has very little power in his shot. He is a poor passer and doesn't seem especially nippy either. I don't rate him at all and I cant see what the scout saw. We noticeably improved when he went off today and it seems that way in most of the games too.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:00 pm

I imagine they judged him on the quality of his performances during his career, rather than watching him warm ups & trying to judge him from that.

I must have missed something because I could have sworn he was involved in the first goal with a brilliant piece of footwork & completely changed the game when he came on Wed night.

But I suppose we have to find someone to slag off after 3 wins on the bounce.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I imagine they judged him on the quality of his performances during his career, rather than watching him warm ups & trying to judge him from that.

I must have missed something because I could have sworn he was involved in the first goal with a brilliant piece of footwork & completely changed the game when he came on Wed night.

I must admit that if Aguero was out through injury, I wouldn't mind seeing Jovetic playing up front by himself and "leading the line", as it were.

Didn't he do this to good effect in the USA in some of our pre-season games ??

Having said that, however, in our current state if Aguero was out through injury, Jovetic would be forced to play up front by himself, so this thought might be quite academic really.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I imagine they judged him on the quality of his performances during his career, rather than watching him warm ups & trying to judge him from that.

I must admit that if Aguero was out through injury, I wouldn't mind seeing Jovetic playing up front by himself and "leading the line", as it were.

Didn't he do this to good effect in the USA in some of our pre-season games ??

Having said that, however, in our current state if Aguero was out through injury, Jovetic would be forced to play up front by himself, so this thought might be quite academic really.

He was great pre season, and he did perfectly ok today. Signs he & Aguero are starting to look for each other a bit more

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Bridges Right Foot,

What a wonderful insightful post that added to the analytical debate regarding Jovetic's qualities or otherwise.

I thought the way you developed your argument was very mature and I am sure that our friend Zurich is very grateful.

I am sure we would miss your input, if you were to ever fuck off.

Luvs and hugs
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:12 pm

He He ! nice one john.

I think that Jovetic would not have been starting if Edin was fit , but he isn't so there we are.

Jojo hasn't been playing badly , but he doesn't do enough. The flick-on on Tuesday against Bayern should have been dealt properly by Boateng, but it was not.
Kompany btw just lumps everything forward. Just behind joe Hart in the give the ball away competition.

Having said that , the team , and i mean the TEAM , not just Sergio or Ferdi,( who both had good games as well as the Mangler) dug in deep and played well.
I also don't understand the criticism of Nasri he had a great game today - in my opinion.

Even to suggest that the game changed when jojo came on on Tuesday is a moot point. We took advantage of two bad mistakes by Bayern . By the way , Bayern punished us too, from poor mistakes and fouls we made.

However we look at it, nothing has changed from the Charity shield, we are getting some really weird decisions by Referees.

I don't understand why Jones didn't let us play on when Ferdi won the ball againt four players and then lays it off to Zabs only for the tosser to give us a free kick. Stopping the game and our advantage to give us a foul .! What on earth was he blowing up for when the Mangler was on their penalty box for offside against Soton. I mean how long do we have to wait ??

Jones is an absolutely horrible little man who is constantly looking for Camera time. He pulls the Soton player up in the second half for handling the ball from a long kick forward and then when the wally picks the ball up and starts walking towards him complaining , he has a two minute discussion with him and another Soton player !! No card no nothing ,just destroying the flow of the game ! ( I think this was before the Mangler went off). Imagine if a City player did that ! a definite yellow.

As for the Sergio Yellow card. absolutely laughable. A disgraceful Ref that should be banished to the Lancs Amateur League.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:20 pm

zuricity wrote:He He ! nice one john.

I think that Jovetic would not have been starting if Edin was fit , but he isn't so there we are.

Jojo hasn't been playing badly , but he doesn't do enough. The flick-on on Tuesday against Bayern should have been dealt properly by Boateng, but it was not.
Kompany btw just lumps everything forward. Just behind joe Hart in the give the ball away competition.

Having said that , the team , and i mean the TEAM , not just Sergio or Ferdi,( who both had good games as well as the Mangler) dug in deep and played well.
I also don't understand the criticism of Nasri he had a great game today - in my opinion.

Even to suggest that the game changed when jojo came on on Tuesday is a moot point. We took advantage of two bad mistakes by Bayern . By the way , Bayern punished us too, from poor mistakes and fouls we made.

However we look at it, nothing has changed from the Charity shield, we are getting some really weird decisions by Referees.

I don't understand why Jones didn't let us play on when Ferdi won the ball againt four players and then lays it off to Zabs only for the tosser to give us a free kick. Stopping the game and our advantage to give us a foul .! What on earth was he blowing up for when the Mangler was on their penalty box for offside against Soton. I mean how long do we have to wait ??

Jones is an absolutely horrible little man who is constantly looking for Camera time. He pulls the Soton player up in the second half for handling the ball from a long kick forward and then when the wally picks the ball up and starts walking towards him complaining , he has a two minute discussion with him and another Soton player !! No card no nothing ,just destroying the flow of the game ! ( I think this was before the Mangler went off). Imagine if a City player did that ! a definite yellow.

As for the Sergio Yellow card. absolutely laughable. A disgraceful Ref that should be banished to the Lancs Amateur League.

Nice and accurate points and we cannot appeal a yellow card. Fuckin laughable bollox. Just happy we managed to win depsite the ref.......again.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:24 pm

Still finding his feet but he's shown enough to suggest that when/if he gets a real run of injury free consistent games he'll prove his worth. He's always looking to make things happen. As much as we love Silva and Nasri they do sometimes dilly dally on the ball for 15 minutes and the move fizzles out, Jojo seems more likely to just have a go, often it won't come off but plenty of times it will and has.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:03 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Still finding his feet but he's shown enough to suggest that when/if he gets a real run of injury free consistent games he'll prove his worth. He's always looking to make things happen. As much as we love Silva and Nasri they do sometimes dilly dally on the ball for 15 minutes and the move fizzles out, Jojo seems more likely to just have a go, often it won't come off but plenty of times it will and has.

This 'dilly dallying' is what's known as not trying to force the issue. Nasri and Silva are possession players, if there is a high risk percentage of the pass they won't play it, and rightly so because it's what they're instructed to do. Jovetic, on the other hand, is not a percentage player at all, and does try to force passes and combinations that aren't there. Nasri and Silva's insistence on keeping the ball builds large spells of pressure for long periods of time, something that's seen us win countless numbers of games over the years, and it's something that needs to be done against sides that defend well in a deep block.

I honestly don't think Jovetic has shown enough to suggest he can find a place in this side for the long term. I don't know how long we have to persist with him before people realise. He's lively and very good technically, but that doesn't make you an effective player. He doesn't affect the game in the right areas.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Did very well for the first goal today and what a game changer during the week.

It's great to have a completely different type of attacking option.

Hopefully he remains injury free. That's the only concern with him.
Original Dub

Postby Herb » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:35 pm

With due respect to those with differing opinion; I'm actually impressed by the way Jovetic has played in recent games - I think his repartee with Agero is growing and I think he stretches the opposition opening up more space for others around him.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum